Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default "a three hour tour" that stranded me

Well , I felt like I got on the SS MINOW for a three hour tour last Tuesday to go visit my Daughter just 150 miles away. I planned to be gone Tuesday and Wednesday. As I came down the mountain from NC into SC, I noticed my break pedal was going pretty far to the floor. Well, in 1999 I had a truck that did that and it was my ABS system going out and when I took it in then, they told me it wasn't dangerous, I just wouldn't have the really quick response of the ABS. I even elected not to have it fixed then. Well, since I am so smart, I figured, no big deal. I headed on into Spartanburg traffic at 5 pm Tuesday. I kept the truck at 8 lengths behind the cars in front and headed to DD. Got there after 5 and told SIL that I would need to go to a mechanic and have it checked because I had a warning message that said service brake system. So why not, right?
    Next day as a favor to SIL they worked me in to the shop. Turns out.....my brakelines had corroded and rusted thru and I really had NO BRAKES!! They ordered new lines and when they got them replaced and started bleeding the brakes they found more of these corroded lines. THat was late Friday.
    Long story short, they don't work weekends and I was still stuck. THought about renting a car and coming home and then driving back to get it ...but...the snow storm was suppose to dump 10 inches of snow on us on Monday which would strand me at home and the cost of the rental would soar so I stayed. The snow didn't happen, (just a dusting) and I am home.
    I have been reading the forum on my cell [hone but not able to post. SOme of you have been so wonderful about worrying about me and I feel so loved. DH actually admitted to being lonely and you should see the house!! (he cleaned!!)
    I do have lots of things to catch up on, but I may not take a three hour tour anytime soon!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "a three hour tour" that stranded me

I am glad your home and safe. I had wondered where you were. Reminds me I need to get the extended warranty and road side service for my car extended.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, I'm so glad you made it home...if you didn't check in today I was going to post that I emailed you over the weekend and you were fine, but stranded due to car trouble...I missed your posts...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

4. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you - and your truck! - made it home safe and sound!

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're home safe and sound! That trek down the mts to Spartanburg isn't one I'd attempt with failing brakes. Repeat, I'm glad that you're safe and sound!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh so thankful you're safe and home......those 3 hour tours are the worst!.... oh my and your bonus.....DH cleaning the house.....wow! Glad you're back!
    Anita

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

wow! I'm so glad you didn't risk it an head home without the breaks!!

12. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to know you made it there, and back, safely. There are worst places to be stranded, and I trust you enjoyed your extended visit with DD & SIL?

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it there safely, you surely had an angel riding on your shoulder.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're home and safe, but maybe you need to do that more often if DH is going to clean house while you're gone. Just be more prepared by taking your sewing projects with you.

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post