Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Snow day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Snow day!

Good morning, quilty friends!

I am NEVER up at this hour of the morning. But I had coffee last night, and the lady from the school board called at FIVE-THIRTY IN THE MORNING. I'm not a morning person; but I'm sort of awake, so...

We in New England (that's in the Northeast corner of the US, for those of you not from around here) are experiencing our THIRD "Nor'easter" (that's a really massive snowstorm) in two weeks. So where we are (central Connecticut) about 8" or more of heavy, wet snow is expected between now and 4 p.m. So no school for DH (he's the principal), and I've decided my office can get along without me. I could probably get there just fine this morning, but it will be pretty bad coming home. Plus I've got a roomful of sewing to do!

Gramma Babs, Songbird (Norma), Cyndi of the Vortex, and my other New England friends - hope you are staying safe and don't have to go anywhere.

BLONDIE!!!! Just saw your new posts yesterday - so glad to see you back where you belong, on the forum! Big quilty welcome back hugs to you.

Bubba, I hope you are behaving out there in the PNW . Please tell MM I'm still praying for him. DD Colleen is coming here this summer for her sister's wedding - sure do wish you, Caroline T., Libby, and Cathy could come with her. Big hugs to all of you.

Still haven't received my Block magazine - maybe I'll call later to make sure the gift subscription I received at Christmas was actually processed. Meanwhile, I think I'll go throw the laundry in the dryer, and then... take a nap!

Have a wonderful quilty day, everyone!

Love, hugs, and blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snow day!

Stay safe and warm, Sally.

4. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

It's not snowing here, but hopefully some sewing will take place later today. Moving south was a good idea this year! It's supposed to be sunny, but in the 60s all day. The big winds of yesterday are supposed to be cut in half, so it should feel a little warmer even though the temperature is cooler. Good enough reason to get into the sewing room for me!

I'll have to contact my cousin that moved in the opposite direction to see what he thinks of his decision to move up north (Mass. area). No matter what, I hope he's happy now.

The grocery store was the big trip yesterday. I'm so disappointed, we've been everywhere looking for the Cream of Bacon soup needed for the Shrimp and Linguine (sp?) that Monique was telling us about. I can't find it anywhere here in FL. Sigh, here we are where we can get terrific fresh shrimpers and no cream of bacon soup. Last night DS#2 was on line with one of his friends from Canada and he said he'd look for it. One of my dearest friends is teaching in Canada this week, he's going to look for it, too. So maybe we can get someone to send us a can. I did find a recipe for Cream of Bacon Soup. I book marked it, so we may just try it with that delicious bacon we get from the meat market.

The sun is cresting the trees in the front of the house. The highways are moving slowly on the backside of the house. Time to get started. I hope everyone is going to have a great day.

Prayers for those in need. Special prayers for Nancy's family as they meet their newest challenge and travel mercies as family comes in. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is snowing here...UGH! I am so in anticipation of spring! when will it get to the Northeast? This first winter was rough enough!

Still waiting on an order from M* I made on 03/03/18...I hope it comes today. It is holding up progress....

I have a job interview tomorrow, I pray the snow doesn't cause too much of a calamity....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

8. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Star lover, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Mornin'.... survived yesterday at work for 6 hours and then called it. Definitely taking this recovery from flu/infections slow. Taking things one day at a time and once again looking to this saying..... Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt. This year is going to be a real challenging year for me. I am not wonder woman but I am a warrior! As soon as I get a little stronger I am going to wage war on the Dust Bunnies !

10. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Star lover thanked for this post