Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Snowy Tuesday morning

Good morning all. Getting a bit of snow again today. It'll be a few inches here and a bit more a little further east. It's not the "official" dress policy of the agency but my dress policy is when it snows, I wear jeans. So there is the silver lining for the day.... I get to wear jeans today. And also, it looks real pretty. I do like snow.

Not much else new here. No sewing last night after work. Monday evenings are just a night I am too tired after work. And there was a fast pace of work yesterday so I needed to just relax a bit and hit the hay early. Which I did and I feel pretty refreshed this morning. That's good because I'll need the energy to clear the snow.

Have a good day all and be safe all those dealing with this 3rd Nor'easter.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A Snowy Tuesday morning

Good morning everyone.....
    Happy jean day.....Ginny! Sometimes it's the little things that help,get us through the day.

My heart goes out to all those in the path of storms.....again! Whew. Will winter ever give up! I got no reason to complain for what little were getting in comparison.

Had a fabulous day with my two youngest GC. I was warned that the year old would have a melt down once mama left.....never happened. They were perfect angels and loads of fun! I just love how the world is expressed through children's eyes.....never tire of it

The 2-1/2 year old boy ran into my arms when I arrived and exclaimed that "you get to watch me today!" And watch I did. He was content to play, but I was to watch him......he built a "castle" for his little stuffed toy to live.......so funny hearing him explain the rooms......oh and there had to be a fire hydrant....ya know, in case of a fire. And a bathroom was super important!

I got to read and read several books to them both. They filled my lap with joy. I was surprised when mom came home and said the littlest (1 year old girl) would never sit in her or my sons laps for 1 book. So I got to hear how cows moo, pigs oink, lambs baaa. I had a blast.

But was I ever tired. So happy for leftovers. Bed at 9.....never heard a thing till the alarm at 4. Feelin lots of energy.....who knows how that'll work itself out today.

Hope everyone is safe, warm and content. Special thoughts for those struggling and those in the path of The Storm. Hugs to all.
    Anita

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently some of WV got a chuck of snow yesterday but our area wasn't one of them. I'm tired of the winter...snow and everything with it. :-)

I woke up at 3:30 this morning feeling like it was about 8 or 9AM. I'll probably be ready for a major nap by about 10:30. I hate it when my sleep schedule goes off by so much. I had hoped to get some things out of the way today. At this point I'm thinking maybe I can get the kitchen floor done, run out to the library. I've already got a little sewing done :-)

Have a nice day everyone.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

5. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone. We had a heavy hard frost last night but no snow. Our temps are supposed to go up some for a couple days and then bad weather for the weekend. Be careful out there Ginny.

Yesterday I did a little machine embroidery...just some St Pat's mug mats for two of my GFs. I lost interest before I made one for us.

Anita, so glad to hear you had a wonderful day with your sweet Grands. My DGD (now 27) always wanted to be in my lap. At age 9, when she was a big as me, we had to have her sit next to me and I would hug her that way.

There is some bad wintry weather going on for sure. If you are in that weather zone, please take extra precautions to be safe. I suspect that Blondie may have gotten some of the storm. She loses internet quite easily.

Extra prayers for Beth and her DH who are going through a medical ordeal right now. Has anyone heard from Joan?

7. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two starts to the morning. I posted in the other one. So I'll just say... Hi everyone!

Ginny, I used to laugh when the school system gave us Jeans Days as an incentive. I wore black jeans everyday, but I sat on the floor just about all day giving lessons and I certainly wasn't going to wear dresses or dress pants around snotty kids that tended to wipe their hands on everything then give me hugs.

Anita, grands are the best and they certainly can wear us out! It's so neat hearing how their imaginations work.

Barb, I know your friend will enjoy her mug rug. I don't like my embroidery machine well enough to get it out. I think it skipping down and leaving gaps has me totally frustrated with it. I should have taken it to our sewing machine guy before we moved. JoAnne's has a guy that picks up that isn't too far from us. They said he could take a look at it. I'm wondering if it's in the programing. I'm not willing to give him my computer to check out that idea.

Have a creative day everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Recently I've been wondering about Joan, too. She hasn't posted an update in a long time. And we still don't know about Sugar, either. I mailed her a card a while back. So sorry for all Beth is going through.

We had 62 deg. & sunny yest. I posted in a separate thread yest. about the rabbit nesting activity in the back yard. Interesting to watch. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 70.

I go to the dentist today for a short consult to find out what all needs to be done with my teeth. I'm sure it's going to be expensive, & most of it will be out of pocket expense. Not looking forward to the work that needs to be done.

Tonight is our monthly guild mtg. We're having a guest speaker. I'll take my wildlife quilt for Sew & Tell. I have 4 Buckeye Beauty blocks to turn in for the block-of-the-month.

Those of you in the N.E., stay safe. Three snow storms in <2 wks. is way too much.

11. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Yup, more snow, then earlier this morning turned to rain, now back to snow.
    Stitched out the last panel for my "hop in to spring" embroidery. Now to look through my stash for some coordinating fabric to finish it off so I can have it ready for Easter.
    Will probably spend time in the sewing room today as the weather is not to my liking for an outing of any sort.
    Thinking of all who are struggling with health issues and sending prayers and hugs.
    Time to get a move on the household chores are calling me.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

13. Thanks Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. Getting some snow here today. We are headed to Ottawa to the Museum of Nature. They have a live butterfly display that we are hoping to see this morning. A stop along the way to pick up another pass for the Museum of Science and Technology is also on the list and a stop on the way home to pick up a few things for the tea party tomorrow. Stay tuned for that one!!

Maizyn and I had a great day yesterday. Got her bath done and hair brushed. It is a battle to do. I put her hair in braids so it is wavy this morning. I thought I would do curls today but she is not doing the hot curling iron. So waves it is.

I did start her dress yesterday but she was getting bored so I quit and we went for a walk. She has no interest in sewing and that's okay, we do lots of other things together.

Have a great day everyone, mine should be filled with lots to see.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

15. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends.

Anita, your post made me smile. I remember how much fun it was reading to our son when he was little. We started reading to him before he was a year old. When he was in pre-K the teacher would sit on the floor with the group & read at the end of the day. The other kids would run to the door when their parents would arrive. Our son would ask if he could listen to the rest of the story before leaving. Thankfully, he still likes reading today.

There are only 10 days until the annual book sale that I help with. Can't believe it's that time again.

Need to make a pit stop at the grocery store. I really need to get this house cleaned up too.

Prays for Beth and her DH.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

17. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning ladies,
    It's a light dusting of snow, and I think we will get about 4-5" inches. It looks fluffy, so I amhoping it just blows away. I will pass on shovelling, as I think my back has been complaining since I did it last week. DH is in more pain. Now he has trouble sitting for any length of time. He is laying down more often and sleeping. Past few weeks it was painful to lay down. I will call for an appointment with an osteopath we know. It will work in conjunction with physio. I am hoping that it will provide him some relief. I amsurpried, he is willing to try this. It has done me and many of our friends good.

I am getting the dining room window measured for a shade this morning. The sun on the west side is brutal, and window coverings fade too quickly. We had a similar put on another window, same side of house, and what a difference.

Anita, I am glad that you enjoyed your watching time. I find with my back and DH back issues, we spend less time with the grandkids. I think that once they are more mobile and can climb on us, no lifting, it will happen more often.
    Monique, enjoy the museum. I will live through your experience. Maybe I will go with a girlfriend.
    Tonight is guild night, but I have no new finished quilts, just working on 3 tops.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

19. Thanks Star lover, Carolnnc thanked for this post