• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AstoriaQuilts
    UN-Biased
    • Dec 2017

Re: How is this possible?!!!

Originally posted by shermur View Post
    Finally...it has arrived 10 days after ordering! It sat in Massachusetts for two days before getting here to the home town and into the USPS system! IT is safe to say...the order sat close to 5 days without moving in the Surepost process. So unacceptable and YIKES again!
    We had a nor'easter (Winter Thundersnow + heavy winds off the ocean, basically a mini winter hurricane) which screwed things up up north. (We've actually had two in the northeast within a week!) Did you see news footage of the storm surges in MA? That's probably why.

Comment

• shermur
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by AstoriaQuilts View Post
      We had a nor'easter (Winter Thundersnow + heavy winds off the ocean, basically a mini winter hurricane) which screwed things up up north. (We've actually had two in the northeast within a week!) Did you see news footage of the storm surges in MA? That's probably why.
      Since I am in Vermont, Yes I was aware of the winter storms. But, I would still like to have the option of USPS rather than Surepost.
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• PugetBound
        4 Patch Pro
        • Jan 2017

Since I am in Vermont, Yes I was aware of the winter storms. But, I would still like to have the option of USPS rather than Surepost.
        Hi Shemur,

That really stinks. I appreciate you sharing this, as much as it makes me cringe to read.

I'm one of the people at MSQC who meets with our account managers at UPS and USPS. I'm actually going to be speaking with them next week to discuss rates and services agreements. I will definitely bring up your situation when I speak with UPS so that they understand your frustrations.

Right now we use Surepost for the majority of our packages over a pound because it is frequently several dollars less than USPS Priority. That can quickly add up to several hundreds of thousands of dollars. The expectation from UPS is that it should typically arrive in about the same time as Priority and sometimes faster thanks to UPS's Network and if the destination is along their way to the post office for final delivery. I realize this is not the case for all areas. Hopefully we eventually identify those areas and find a solution that work.

I hope this clears things up a bit. It is definitely part of our future development plan to allow customers a choice among delivery options. I'm glad you finally received your order and I hope you will be patient with our gradual improvement.

All the best,
        Sam

Comment

• shermur
          Missouri Star
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by PugetBound View Post
          Hi Shemur,

That really stinks. I appreciate you sharing this, as much as it makes me cringe to read.

I'm one of the people at MSQC who meets with our account managers at UPS and USPS. I'm actually going to be speaking with them next week to discuss rates and services agreements. I will definitely bring up your situation when I speak with UPS so that they understand your frustrations.

Right now we use Surepost for the majority of our packages over a pound because it is frequently several dollars less than USPS Priority. That can quickly add up to several hundreds of thousands of dollars. The expectation from UPS is that it should typically arrive in about the same time as Priority and sometimes faster thanks to UPS's Network and if the destination is along their way to the post office for final delivery. I realize this is not the case for all areas. Hopefully we eventually identify those areas and find a solution that work.

I hope this clears things up a bit. It is definitely part of our future development plan to allow customers a choice among delivery options. I'm glad you finally received your order and I hope you will be patient with our gradual improvement.

All the best,
          Sam
          That is deeply appreciated, Sam. Just know, I have been patient since Surepost started being used at Missouri Star. The long, drawn out shipping process to get from Hamilton, MO to Fort Smith, AR took too long due to the fact the package for whatever reason had to go to Little Rock, AR first and then, travel back north to get to me.
          Granted I am certain I can't be the only customer dissatisfied with the Surepost method; I also realize I am at the mercy of where the sorting facilities are. Granted, my orders arrived much more sufficient when I lived in Lee's Summit, MO and I was within traveling distance of M*. Upon my research, the recent order of 2 yards of fabric and the one spool of thread, the option of USPS with a weight of 1 pound (according to the label on the box) would have cost $7.25 in a padded, 3 day envelope and I would have gladly paid it. And should I be incorrect, please forgive me.
          So in the immortal words of Congressman Willard Vandiver in 1899, who declared that "I come from a state that raises corn and cotton, cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I'm from Missouri, and you have got to show me."
          Sherri

Comment

• wlrquilts
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2012

I hope you keep the $5 option if you make the change. I would hate to be charged more when I get the same or better service from Surepost.
            Wendy
            http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

• nativetexan
              Banned
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2018

hope you got your order. i just cancelled mine from keepsake. still on back order. the lady didn't bat an eye when i said I wanted to cancel. they must have tons more customers. shame, i've used them almost 30 years.

Comment

• auntstuff
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by nativetexan View Post
                hope you got your order. i just cancelled mine from keepsake. still on back order. the lady didn't bat an eye when i said I wanted to cancel. they must have tons more customers. shame, i've used them almost 30 years.
                Pretty much what happens when an outfit gets too big for its britches. I used to order a lot from them too.
                She who dies with the most quilts is......
                Still dead.
                What's your hurry?

Comment

• K. McEuen
                  Super Moderator
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PugetBound View Post
                  The expectation from UPS is that it should typically arrive in about the same time as Priority and sometimes faster thanks to UPS's Network and if the destination is along their way to the post office for final delivery. I realize this is not the case for all areas. Hopefully we eventually identify those areas and find a solution that work.

Sam
                  Not to New Mexico either and we aren't usually affected by storms. 3 days tops for priority from USPS and a week or more with Surepost - every time.

Granted I am certain I can't be the only customer dissatisfied with the Surepost method;
                  Sherri, I've said it before and I will continue saying it - Surepost sucks!
                  K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

• swietsto
                    Prairie Pointer
                    • Mar 2017

Surepost routinely adds a minimum of 2 BUSINESS days of shipping to my orders. Even though UPS gets them here locally in the morning, the packages don't get transferred to USPS until the afternoon and then it takes USPS a day to sort and get it to the right delivery station -- of course after the local trucks are already on the road for that day's deliveries.

It used to be I could routinely get packages shipped from Chicagoland after 5 pm the next day by UPS and USPS -- not anymore, it's 2-3 business days now. And they wonder why USPS is losing money...

Comment

• mythoughtis
                      UN-Biased
                      • Jan 2016

I ordered the daily deal last weekend (not yesterday) when the deal was the Olfa rotary blades.. It was processed and shipped the same day. Then wandered all over the country. I think. Hard to tell because the tracking said last night, 'in route to next ' ' in route to next' , etc. My spouse tells me that I have a package today. So I think it is here now - all the way from Missouri to Central Illinois.

The good news....I used the $5 in points that m* gave me when they corrected their inventory system issues. So I technically got shipping for free and I wasn't in a hurry for it.

Comment

• mythoughtis
                        UN-Biased
                        • Jan 2016

I got home and it was my m* order. I just re-checked the tracking history. It arrived at the USPS regional facility March 13. It then stated that it was 'in transit to next facility' on March 14,15,16. Then it departed the same USPS regional facility on March 18. So, it was not in transit because it never left the facility. M* - I know you had nothing to do with this.

M*
                        Kansas City
                        St Louis (that's where it sat for 5 days)
                        then to my post office in Central IL

Comment

• brinasmemaw
                          Machine Stitcher
                          • Apr 2014

I live in Alaska, Surepost makes it a 10-12 day delivery from the time it ships to the time I receive it. TOO long!!

Comment

• shermur
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2013

OK...now there is head games being played....

Order Placed May 04, 2018
                            Total $36.23
                            Status Shipped

I received an email at 22 PM on 05/06/18 that my order of 6 pieces of cut yardage has been shipped! and actually coming to me via USPS instead of crappy Surepost! Now remember, 05/04/18 was $2.00 flat shipping rate day and I am so sure that a plethora of orders cam in and the shipping department got extremely behind! Not to mention, when I pulled up the tracking information from the M* email, it status states that a label will be created at 62 PM.

Here is the updated status status from USPS this morning....
                            A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 62 pm on May 6, 2018 in HAMILTON, MO 64644. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I feel somewhat deceived into thinking that all 6 cut yardage pieces were package and shipped. Now, I have doubts of what I am being told due to manipulation of information? and I will probably be checking on the status until 6 PM tonight just to see if the order has ACTUALLY shipped?

I am calling them on the carpet......
                            Last edited by shermur; May 7, 2018, 08:34 AM.
                            Sherri

Comment

• auntstuff
                              Missouri Star
                              • Nov 2017

I ordered 2 cuts of yardage from another place Friday, and its here this morning. Moda fabric. Shipping was a bit more, for 5 yards, but the lower price more than made up for it.
                              Last edited by auntstuff; May 7, 2018, 09:05 AM.
                              She who dies with the most quilts is......
                              Still dead.
                              What's your hurry?

Comment

• Midge
                                Missouri Star
                                • Mar 2014

OK...now there is head games being played....

Order Placed May 04, 2018
                                Total $36.23
                                Status Shipped

I received an email at 22 PM on 05/06/18 that my order of 6 pieces of cut yardage has been shipped! and actually coming to me via USPS instead of crappy Surepost! Now remember, 05/04/18 was $2.00 flat shipping rate day and I am so sure that a plethora of orders cam in and the shipping department got extremely behind! Not to mention, when I pulled up the tracking information from the M* email, it status states that a label will be created at 62 PM.

Here is the updated status status from USPS this morning....
                                A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 62 pm on May 6, 2018 in HAMILTON, MO 64644. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

I feel somewhat deceived into thinking that all 6 cut yardage pieces were package and shipped. Now, I have doubts of what I am being told due to manipulation of information? and I will probably be checking on the status until 6 PM tonight just to see if the order has ACTUALLY shipped?

I am calling them on the carpet......
                                I got the same notice for about 6 pieces of yardage I ordered on the $2 shipping sale day. And mine says the same thing this morning, which means it hasn't been shipped, even though the email notice is indicating it was shipped. I suggest it is time to change those shipping shipping notices. Flowery isn't fun anymore when the service level isn't what we expect. I really debated about placing this order. I have a deadline. Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X