Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Designer Diva

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    what is surepost by the way?? part of this forum's shop or USPS, etc, I've not heard of it. dont' think anyway.

  2. #12
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Surepost.....company ships by UPS, then UPS transfers it to the post office, which then delivers it to you.....
    I guess it works just great for some.....not for me.....

  3. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
  4. #13
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VT (formerly Arkansas & Missouri)
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Finally...it has arrived 10 days after ordering! It sat in Massachusetts for two days before getting here to the home town and into the USPS system! IT is safe to say...the order sat close to 5 days without moving in the Surepost process. So unacceptable and YIKES again!

    03/13/2018 113 A.M. Package delivered by local post office
    03/13/2018 6:21 A.M. Received by the local post office
    03/12/2018 10:16 A.M. Package transferred to post office
    Rutland, VT, United States 03/12/2018 7:57 A.M. Destination Scan
    Rutland, VT, United States 03/11/2018 10:43 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Chelmsford, MA, United States 03/11/2018 7:36 P.M. Departure Scan
    Chelmsford, MA, United States 03/09/2018 10:33 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Shrewsbury, MA, United States 03/09/2018 9:40 P.M. Departure Scan
    03/09/2018 7:43 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Harrisburg, PA, United States 03/08/2018 2:33 P.M. Departure Scan
    03/08/2018 4:46 A.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.
    Lenexa, KS, United States 03/08/2018 125 A.M. Departure Scan
    Harrisburg, PA, United States 03/07/2018 11:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
    03/07/2018 9:15 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.
    Lenexa, KS, United States 03/07/2018 4:14 A.M. Departure Scan
    Lenexa, KS, United States 03/06/2018 11:35 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Kansas City, KS, United States 03/06/2018 11:10 P.M. Departure Scan
    03/06/2018 6:37 P.M. Origin Scan
    United States 03/05/2018 4:21 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
    Sherri

    "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

  5. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
  6. #14
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Yet, another reason I DISLIKE surepost! Happy you finally got your package.

  7. #15
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,995
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    I ordered something from Atlanta on March 6th to go to Iowa. Said it was out for delivery on the 12th, in Iowa. Great news!

    I looked today, and it says that it is in City of Industry, CA and will be delivered as soon as possible.

    They must have used SurePost, even though I marked my shipping option as USPS only.

  8. #16
    UN-Biased

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Finally...it has arrived 10 days after ordering! It sat in Massachusetts for two days before getting here to the home town and into the USPS system! IT is safe to say...the order sat close to 5 days without moving in the Surepost process. So unacceptable and YIKES again!
    We had a nor'easter (Winter Thundersnow + heavy winds off the ocean, basically a mini winter hurricane) which screwed things up up north. (We've actually had two in the northeast within a week!) Did you see news footage of the storm surges in MA? That's probably why.

  9. #17
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VT (formerly Arkansas & Missouri)
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AstoriaQuilts View Post
    We had a nor'easter (Winter Thundersnow + heavy winds off the ocean, basically a mini winter hurricane) which screwed things up up north. (We've actually had two in the northeast within a week!) Did you see news footage of the storm surges in MA? That's probably why.
    Since I am in Vermont, Yes I was aware of the winter storms. But, I would still like to have the option of USPS rather than Surepost.
    Sherri

    "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

  10. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
  11. #18
    4 Patch Pro

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Since I am in Vermont, Yes I was aware of the winter storms. But, I would still like to have the option of USPS rather than Surepost.
    Hi Shemur,

    That really stinks. I appreciate you sharing this, as much as it makes me cringe to read.

    I'm one of the people at MSQC who meets with our account managers at UPS and USPS. I'm actually going to be speaking with them next week to discuss rates and services agreements. I will definitely bring up your situation when I speak with UPS so that they understand your frustrations.

    Right now we use Surepost for the majority of our packages over a pound because it is frequently several dollars less than USPS Priority. That can quickly add up to several hundreds of thousands of dollars. The expectation from UPS is that it should typically arrive in about the same time as Priority and sometimes faster thanks to UPS's Network and if the destination is along their way to the post office for final delivery. I realize this is not the case for all areas. Hopefully we eventually identify those areas and find a solution that work.

    I hope this clears things up a bit. It is definitely part of our future development plan to allow customers a choice among delivery options. I'm glad you finally received your order and I hope you will be patient with our gradual improvement.

    All the best,
    Sam

  12. Thanks EnumclawGramma, Star lover thanked for this post
  13. #19
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VT (formerly Arkansas & Missouri)
    Posts
    3,145
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PugetBound View Post
    Hi Shemur,

    That really stinks. I appreciate you sharing this, as much as it makes me cringe to read.

    I'm one of the people at MSQC who meets with our account managers at UPS and USPS. I'm actually going to be speaking with them next week to discuss rates and services agreements. I will definitely bring up your situation when I speak with UPS so that they understand your frustrations.

    Right now we use Surepost for the majority of our packages over a pound because it is frequently several dollars less than USPS Priority. That can quickly add up to several hundreds of thousands of dollars. The expectation from UPS is that it should typically arrive in about the same time as Priority and sometimes faster thanks to UPS's Network and if the destination is along their way to the post office for final delivery. I realize this is not the case for all areas. Hopefully we eventually identify those areas and find a solution that work.

    I hope this clears things up a bit. It is definitely part of our future development plan to allow customers a choice among delivery options. I'm glad you finally received your order and I hope you will be patient with our gradual improvement.

    All the best,
    Sam
    That is deeply appreciated, Sam. Just know, I have been patient since Surepost started being used at Missouri Star. The long, drawn out shipping process to get from Hamilton, MO to Fort Smith, AR took too long due to the fact the package for whatever reason had to go to Little Rock, AR first and then, travel back north to get to me.
    Granted I am certain I can't be the only customer dissatisfied with the Surepost method; I also realize I am at the mercy of where the sorting facilities are. Granted, my orders arrived much more sufficient when I lived in Lee's Summit, MO and I was within traveling distance of M*. Upon my research, the recent order of 2 yards of fabric and the one spool of thread, the option of USPS with a weight of 1 pound (according to the label on the box) would have cost $7.25 in a padded, 3 day envelope and I would have gladly paid it. And should I be incorrect, please forgive me.
    So in the immortal words of Congressman Willard Vandiver in 1899, who declared that "I come from a state that raises corn and cotton, cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I'm from Missouri, and you have got to show me."
    Sherri

    "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

  14. Thanks auntstuff, Star lover thanked for this post
  15. #20
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Waterbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: How is this possible?!!!

    I hope you keep the $5 option if you make the change. I would hate to be charged more when I get the same or better service from Surepost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •