Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wool Ironing Mats

I'm trying to order one from ecorug.com, got as far as going through PayPal, but now the site won't let me place the order. I have a call in to ecorug. I definitely want to purchase this. I have been using my wool blanket on my ironing board and it's worked well, but I think the pad will work better. Thanks for the tip.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    I'm trying to order one from ecorug.com, got as far as going through PayPal, but now the site won't let me place the order. I have a call in to ecorug. I definitely want to purchase this. I have been using my wool blanket on my ironing board and it's worked well, but I think the pad will work better. Thanks for the tip.
    I was able to order one but maybe their site has been inundated with quilters now? Keep trying!
    Donna

4. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post

I just ordered one and am wondering what is the best way to cut it down
    If I remember correctly, I either cut it with a utility scissors or a utility knife.

Some people have complained about the smell. Mine did too for awhile, but I grew up on a farm and did not find it offensive.
    Last edited by IwantItgreen; July 12th, 2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Karen

6. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    A little off topic. I was looking at Jenny's Granny Squares tutorial this morning. I made one a few years ago the hard way using 2.5 inch squares and it was so tedious. What do you think of Jenny's way and how is it going?
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I am having a problem signing onto the forum from home; I signed in at work today with no problem. I quilted it Saturday and am sewing the binding on now. It wasn't too bad, but I was not as careful as I should have been with the bias edges because some of my squares were a little wonky. However, after piecing it all together, putting on the border and quilting it, I am very satisfied with how it turned out. Even my sashing strips matched up which really surprised me! I have another jelly roll and am probably going to make another one. I admire you for making one using the 2.5 inch squares; I don't think I would have made one that way. However, I found Jenny's way pretty easy and fun and I rarely make the same quilt twice, but I really like how this one turned out and how it looks. It was fun to make Let me know if you make one Jenny's way. Have fun if you do!
    Donna