Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Hybrid View

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Smile supporting nearest let down, (not msqc ) plus a machine quilt thread question

Hi
    there is a big drive to support local bricks and mortar quilt shops here, so due to vehicle issues, web ordered 2 items, on 24th feb and the snow came, so knew there would be a delay, but the snow has melted and other items have arrived from elsewhere in country, last week, upon contacting, it seems the items haven't been tracked and posted the slower rate, alas
    I was taught 'never to manure on your doorstep'
    obviously they were not.

quilting thread, for machine quilting,
    my last quilt used gutermann thread a spool/reels 325yds and used 5 spools/ reels with 3" thread spare, found the price of each 325yd was $7.29 converted from £,

does anyone use cones of more thread yardage for machine quilting and which brand?
    have looked around but seem to only locate serger / overlocker thread on cones.
    was hoping there would be long arm cones could use with my home made thread lifter thingy
    am hoping to stop the amount of ends that occur with rethreading and the burying of thread ends
    any advice greatly welcome

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: supporting nearest let down, (not msqc ) plus a machine quilt thread question

Try looking at Connecting Threads:
    https://www.connectingthreads.com/th...__L600905.html
    Sometimes they have it on sale for $6.99
    or
    Signature Thread:
    https://www.longarmsupplies.net/sign...on-thread.aspx
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: supporting nearest let down, (not msqc ) plus a machine quilt thread question

I use Omni thread in cones and get it from both Superior Threads and MSQ. I've also gotten the MSQ cotton threads in cones here and like it although it does have more lint. My machine does like it though. The Omni I use mostly for my longarm.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We use Superior Thread's SewFine#40 for the long-arm, the cone has 3,280 feet.
    I know there are lots who prefer Glide threads - they are priced quite a bit less.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use Superior King Tut (40w) and Superior So Fine (50w). King Tut is linty.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    I use Superior King Tut (40w) and Superior So Fine (50w). King Tut is linty.
    I use the same!
    Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love King Tut thread, and my machines do, too. I use a Juki 98E on a Little Gracie frame, but I've also used King Tut on a quilt-in-the-hoop project. I didn't notice lint, but I might have blamed my batting/wadding.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use RA (Robinson-Anton) 50 wt. cotton thread on the cones for piecing. I buy them at my LQS, but it's probably available somewhere on line. I use "Eggshell" for lighter fabrics & a med. grey for darker fabrics. For quilting I use King Tut, Signature, or Glide threads. Just Google "cotton thread on cones", & you'll get many hits. Cone thread is cheaper, because much of the cost of the thread is from the winding on spools. I know Angela Walters uses Aurifil a lot, but my machine not does not like it, plus it's more expensive. I have not tried Connecting Threads or M*QC threads. If you are looking for Superior threads, there many other on line businesses that carry their products at cheaper prices. Cotton threads create more lint than polyester. I clean the bobbin area of my DSM after every 1-2 bobbin changes. If sewing on batting or a sandwich, I clean with every bobbin change. I hope you find a thread you like.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all
    so much info, going to zoom round the suggested to find the purrfect colour thread, many thanks
    so pleased asked
    happy stitching xxxx