Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello, my name is Blondie . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d8609f69e2dc73ac06289a7919512557.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	150669

I feel as if I should stand at the back of the room and introduce myself as the new kid in class. It would go something like this:

Hello, my name is Blondie Spence. I have been a quilter for at least all my life and an MSQC forum member for 9 years. I don't want any intervention. I just want to be able to come in and say hello.

I live in North Carolina, and while I've never met you face to face I bet I could find you in a crowd, blindfolded. Well, maybe not blindfolded . . . There is just something about quilters that stands out. Maybe it's the thread that seems to catch on every article of clothing. Sort of trails after you like TP stuck on your shoe when you leave a public restroom. I have really, really, really missed y'all!

Long story short, I got up one morning and could not get into the forum. I tried, some folks at the M* tried and finally Bill Nye aka AL, that brilliant man who will forever hold my heart, got me in! Thank you for this !

So, what's new??? I really don't remember where I left off? I had a wonderful visit with my sweet little Eleanor Joy last August. Did I already say that?

Name:	unnamed (12).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	150665
    I've had another grandson to go with my little Eli. His name is Ethan.

Name:	2-27-2018a.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	150666
    I am more than blessed. My days are filled as usual with the kids and Mom. (Mom is doing super duper, thank you). Hubs has officially retired Dec 31, 2016. I never knew that people could actually get depressed when they could finally sleep in the morning! Poor Luscious. He is planning on going back part time this Fall. We are almost through Winter, which means unless the groundhog lied, Spring will be here soon enough and then it will be Fall. He will be purpose-full once again. Don't think I let him be idle. That just ain't in my DNA. I have a list longer than both of my arms. Unfortunately, most of it requires power tools and outside working. Kinda hard to do in a wet dreary winter. rats.

What have I been doing besides schmoozing with the little guys? I have tried to sew. Honest! I've been busy working on COC's (for those newer ones here, those are circle of comfort quilts which we have a group right here on the forum - we make and send quilts all over the place for those who need a quilty hug). I made a bunch up last year thanks to my sweet COC groupies. I would have to pull up my calendar again and peek but it was over 40.

I have also been working on various gifts. As usual my photo skills are abundantly lacking. I only have a few pics I took last year.

Name:	prim runner.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	150661
    table runner

Name:	rylin quilt.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	150662
    baby quilt for a special girl

Hopefully I won't be ousted again! I really don't know what in the world happened. But then I have heard that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Throw in there fits of aggravation and voila! You have me. Love y'all. Missed you like a Mary Poppins would miss her umbrella.

Last edited by Blondie; March 1st, 2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello, my name is Blondie . . .

Well hello. I'm new since you.......went on a walk about.......very happy to meet you! I'm sure others will be in soon enough and will be happy that you're back.......

Sounds like a busy life......beautiful grandchildren! Love your projects! Happy, like you sound!

Look forward to seeing you here more often....thankful to to our residents guru...Al!

3. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awwwww.....HUGE hugs to you, Sis! Great hearing your cyber voice and seeing your pictures. Name:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  10.8 KB

5. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, hello to you Anita. I can't believe you and I are new to each other since your info says you joined in 2016 and have over 3000 posts! We must've been in alternate universes. Hello, hello, hello!
    Sewing mends the soul.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

7. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Awwwww.....HUGE hugs to you, Sis! Name:  Hugs.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  10.8 KB
    missed your hugs, Bubby.
    Sewing mends the soul.

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HELLO Girlfriend. How wonderful to have you back here. Does this mean we will see more of you now?

Name:	welcome-back-we-missed-you.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	150670
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

10. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    HELLO Girlfriend. How wonderful to have you back here. Does this mean we will see more of you now?

Name:	welcome-back-we-missed-you.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	150670
    I sure hope so, Monique! You know how much I missed being in here. hugs and many thanks for your faithfulness!
    Sewing mends the soul.

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know you won't believe this Blondie but this morning as I was getting myself moving about the kitchen, feeding the cat, throwing in some laundry, etc. I was wondering how you and your family were doing and then I come here and POOF, here you are!! So happy to see you. Love those pix of your grandbabies. Aren't they wonderful. Our Zeke is 14 months already. I got to visit with him three times last year and they are planning a trip in this direction this June. Our other grands are doing fine and growing like weeds.

So happy to hear Mom is doing well. Sorry dh is a bit blue about being retired. I am hoping to join the ranks of retired in July and I don't think I'll be depressed.

Have a wonderful day friend and welcome back. You have been missed.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

13. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I sure hope so, Monique! You know how much I missed being in here. hugs and many thanks for your faithfulness!
    IT'S:

Name:  1463928209389-happy_dance.gif
Views: 334
Size:  4.3 KB
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

15. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!!! My, how Elenor has grown. What a beautiful little girl. And 2 boys to love on too. Glad to hear Mom is doing good. I wonder about her often.
    Don't be such a stranger anymore, we all missed that smiling face and morning stories.
    Dolores

17. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post