Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great online price for Juki TL-2010Q

I found a great price on a Juki TL-2010Q online. I called Juki corporate and asked if the warranty would be valid if I were to purchase from goldstartool and they assured me it would. However, I would need to send the machine to Juki for any repairs.

Here's the link to the one I am considering: https://goldstartool.com/juki-tl-201...g-machine.html

Have any of you purchased from goldstartool? Would you buy a machine online?

Thanks

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great online price for Juki TL-2010Q

That is a good price. I have never purchased from goldstartool. I did purchase my last sewing machine from amazon, so that counts as an on line purchase. I do not have any sewing machine suppliers closer than 1.5 hours away, so on line is the best choice for me.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love my TL2010. Remember this is a heavy duty semi industrial machine, so there isn't a lot to go wrong. And there are facebook forums you can join if you need advice from other owners. I got mine online too, because the dealer in town retired. I haven't needed them, but I understand from others that calling or emailing Juki Home will get you in touch with a technician if anything does go wrong. A lot of things they talk you through fixing yourself if it's something straightforward! Also they send out parts to facilitate that given the mailing costs. It's a good warranty. That said, I am not familiar with that company, so I'm no help there.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Midge. I have read really great things about this machine. It's good to hear you love your Juki and had a positive experience buying it online. How cool that they can sometimes provide remote support! It's probably more machine than I need as a beginner, but it seems like a really good buy and should last quite a long time with proper care.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Walter, my industrial Juki online. I have another machine I also bought online thru HSN. I've never had a problem with either. I know, thru other forums, several people who have bought from Gold Star and nobody has ever complained.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That's great to hear. What is HSN, please?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kayj View Post
    That's great to hear. What is HSN, please?
    HSN = Home Shopping Network.

8. Thanks kayj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have dealt with GoldStar, and not had any problems.

A lot of people complain about David, the owner, and say he has an attitude and poor customer service. I have never run into this with him. He tries his hardest to please people, and sometimes when things aren't going well he will get upset. I think what a lot don't realize is that he is not from this country originally and some of his upbringing comes into play in those instances.
    Last edited by K. McEuen; February 20th, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

10. Thanks kayj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh!!! Gold Star! Yes, I have bought items from him and when I had a problem with an order, I immediately emailed them to let them know something was missing from my box. Not even two minutes later, my cell phone was ringing and it was the owner himself! He kept apologizing and saying they would make this right and in fact, he overnight shipped the missing item! He wanted to know if he could help me with anything else, and as I was having problems with something I had bought (attaching it to Walter), he did a quick video, sent it to me and then called back to walk me thru it!

I know there is a group of people who do not like him and have basically blackballed him. Like I said, he was nothing but helpful to me!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

12. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, kayj thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kayj View Post
    Thanks, Midge. I have read really great things about this machine. It's good to hear you love your Juki and had a positive experience buying it online. How cool that they can sometimes provide remote support! It's probably more machine than I need as a beginner, but it seems like a really good buy and should last quite a long time with proper care.
    I wouldn't think of it as more machine than you need as a beginner. It is excellent for piecing, once you find the 1/4" foot that you like. I have made several home dec projects on it and it performs so well on metal zippers and cording of all thicknesses. It is also easy to sew tote bags and pouches, sewing kits and the like where the layers get pretty thick and other machines struggle or gag on the layers. Like on denim layers or linen layers with faux leather trim. And of course, for fmq it's so much fun. What it doesn't do is decorative stitches. But I seldom use decorative stitches - maybe your sewing interests are different though. Once you start sewing you will want to try lots of things and this machine won't let you down or leave you frustrated. So it's great for a beginner, because it helps you gain success imo.