Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how amny blocks make a king size quilt

Pillow tuck- if you're going to tuck in a bit of the quilt under the pillow and then finish covering the pillows with the quilt.

I grew up doing pillow tuck when I made my bed. The thoughts of pillows and shams to move every evening and every morning was just too much work for me. (never mind that my bedroom was small and I didn't have anywhere to stack all of that 'fluff'.)
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how amny blocks make a king size quilt

What I was told a float boarder was is different then snippets. So you did a quilt that has a lot of background to it like at carpenter's star pattern. Or you really want the center of the design to pop out. You have the choice to border the design with a colored border that touches the HST of the star or to float the star by putting a small usually a 2 border of the same background fabric around your design making the star look like its floating then add the stop border to give your eyes a place to rest. Here is a picture of my carpenters star you can see how the center floats by using the background around the design then stops or is framed by the second small color border. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheelweb.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	150431
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.