Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy/fast quilt pattern

My DGD is a senior at JMU. She has been active with the Safe Rides program since her freshman year. This program provides on campus rides to anyone under the influence, no questions asked, from party to party, or from party to home....whatever...just so no one drives drunk.
    The program will be holding their annual fund raiser on March 31st and they are looking for donations for the silent auction. I would very much like to make a quilt for the auction, but time is of the essence as I also have a craft show coming up that I need to be sewing for.

Not looking for donations, although none would be turned down, but - I'm looking for suggestions for a really really quick quilt pattern. I need to put this one together in no more than a weekend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Easy/fast quilt pattern

The D9P was the fastest for me. I know people mention the jelly roll race, but it just never appealed to me. Sounds like a great program!

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The Falling Charms quilt made using a solid jelly roll for the background would be fairly quick. You can chain piece the 5" squares to the jelly roll strips.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    The D9P was the fastest for me. I know people mention the jelly roll race, but it just never appealed to me. Sounds like a great program!
    This was my first thought also. Goes together really fast.

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...block-tutorial
    Vonnie

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Warm Wishes is my go to pattern when I am in a time crunch!! Great program!

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

town square was super fast and looks like a lot more work than it was. You could use larger blocks and strips and put it together in a matter of hours.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

tumbler using a layer cake makes a twin size. Minimal cutting means minimal sewing, Bright primary or neon colors would appeal to either sex.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The 4-patch quilt is simple. You can strip piece for the 4-patches. Alternate them with squares of focus fabric. Rail Fence also is simple. You can use JR strips or cut your own. With Rail Fence quilts, I've learned one has to use a very scant 1/4" seam.

Donna Jordan has a recent tutorial on making a quick easy quilt with 5" squares. The blocks are placed in a diagonal pattern. Their shop is selling these pre-cuts; they cut their own fabrics for kits. It's called "Charms Squares Baby Quilt", but you could use whatever fabrics you want. You could cut your squares larger if desired. Check out their videos on YouTube.
    Last edited by JCY; February 17th, 2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Additional Info.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The double slice layer cake pattern works up fast. Larger blocks that incorporate her school colors would be another suggestion.

Is there time to gather some of their favorite t-shirts and make a quilt? Cut the blocks larger and omit sashing. Just a thought but might work.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I can cut and put together the double slices layer cake top in one afternoon. That is my go to for a quick quilt.