Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!!!

Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 197
Size:  10.0 KB

Sorry this one made me laugh out loud this morning. (We had baked beans for supper last night)

Good morning friends. Up early this morning, hubby is watching our Canadian Hockey Team in the Olympics. Curling for Gold is on at 6am.

Bonnie and I had a very productive day. We were both working on a 'row'. Hers is a little more complicated than mine, hers has a road and cars, mine is two owls in a tree. She brought lunch this time. We had a great day. Today is Guild, so I will pick her up at noon, my turn to drive.

I received my wire frames yesterday to make the Retreat Bag (free pattern from Emmaline Bags). Laura Coia from So Very Easy did a tutorial on it, adding pockets and handles to the bag. So that is what I want to make, adding it to the loooonngggg list of to-do's.

I found a recipe yesterday: One pot linguine with bacon and shrimp (from the Campbell's Soup website) I thought I would make that tonight for supper if I can find all the ingredients.

Any who, that's all for me. Have yourselves a grand day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!!!

Oh Monique.........made me laugh too!

Good morning everyone!

My how some sun can warm up your day.....and self! Spent most of the day on the phone. Nothing productive happened, but I did vent (very nicely) to no avail. Ah well.

Finished the first donation quilt, turned out very nice. Got the second one ready to pin baste. It's on the agenda for today.

Monique, I hope you have a great day at your guild.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, beautiful day! Hugs!
    Anita

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique and Anita. Made it through Monday. I am always so tired after work on Mondays. I'm not sure why that day seems worse than the rest of the week. And so we are on to Tuesday.... one day closer to retirement. I have really good, fun, productive days at work where I feel like I make a difference and accomplish things and think "Do I really want to stop doing this?" and then there are days like yesterday where the answer to that question is a resounding YES!

I have had a lot of time in my sewing room the last few days which makes me smile. Working on a variety of things.... some tablerunners for an order I have, baby things for someone at work who is having identical twin boys and also for our niece and nephew who are also expecting a little boy and I am putting together some quilt sandwiches to use with Angela Walters FMQ challenge. I also may be putting together a signature quilt for the Asst. Dir. who tendered her resignation last week. I spoke with a couple people about it at work and they think it would be a great thing that she would love.

And speaking of my sewing room, I hear it calling to me for a few minutes of sewing before heading to work. Have a great day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Have fun today Monique. Your supper sounds like it would be delish...My mom and dad got the Campbell soup's recipe emails for the longest time. She collected them for my youngest. He still has them all in a notebook with a bunch of our 'family' recipes that I printed out for both boys. Jim's book is long gone. He just calls me when he needs a recipe, but he's much better at making things on the fly.

Ginny, you're getting close to count down time. I hope you'll have easier days as you head to retirement.

Today is lawyer day. It would have to be on the other side of town, in the afternoon, so we'll have to deal with afternoon rush hours. Needless to say, I wish I had a nerve pill for the trip home! I think I'm insisting we take the small truck!

I started pulling from my stash last night. I the two fabrics I'm going to use for the Mother's Day Mug Rug exchange and backing fabrics to go with each. So those are pulled and labeled. I pulled the fabrics for March's SS theme. I need to make a list of what I need for April's theme and read the directions a few more times.

I was pooped after the kids left yesterday. We picked them up and Mike came home and went back to bed. Esther stayed dry all morning and Zeke told me he wanted to potty once. We did some heart gluing for Valentine's Day. Jonathan and Nana worked on the Valentine booklet we made when he was here last Thursday.

Nana and I've decided that we're going to have to talk about Montessori and what I'm doing with Jonathan. She wants to double team on cultural lessons, so she can skip some of those worksheets and reinforce those worksheet skills without having to use the worksheets. Yippee, another convert!

Prayers for those in need, for comfort, peace, strength and healing. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

I hope each of you have a very creative day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all. Today is Rylle's MRI, we'll be leaving shortly for her appt at 9:45 probably won't be done until around noon. We'll probably go for lunch afterwards and then back home. Later today I hope to get a chance to play around with my rulers to practice getting the hang of it. We'll see how the day progresses. I hope you all have a great day!
    Tracie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ A busy morning ahead for me -- mixing up my 3 wk. supply of turkey patties. I have one almost every evening for supper. Boring, I know, but I do think the tryptophan helps me sleep better at night. I have variety in my diet in other ways.

My errands yest. took much of the morning: 3 groc. stores & Hobby Lobby, where I bought some greeting cards & 6 yds. of flannel(2 of each fabric) which I'll use for baby blankets and burp cloths. Another mom at church is expecting a baby girl March 1. She already has 2 children & didn't want a baby shower, but I promised her a quilt. I'll gift her one from my supply of finished quilts.

Tonight is our guild meeting, too. It's going to start at 6:30 instead of 7 p.m., so that will rush me a bit. I like to get there early so I can get a front row seat; it's easier to hear & see. One of our own members will be presenting tonight. I'll take my Kaffe Fassett Square-in-a-Square quilt for Sew & Tell.

I watched the Women's Half-Pipe event last night. USA took another gold.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The linguini sounds wonderful...ummmm good...as they say
    Joy, I wish you lived close to me. There is that guild over in the other county (140 miles round trip) and they are having a trunk show today at 1pm. I am so tempted to go but I just can't bring myself to go alone. I am okay in a group if I know the people or any people for that matter, but shrivel up and become very reclusive on my own. I've been telling myself I would enjoy it and then the other part of me says that I will enjoy being alone in my sewing room today. Hummm
    Yesterday I sorted thru orphan blocks and put them into groups to make Shriner quilts. They may be a real hodgepodge but I'm certain that they will be loved. If I get them all put together I will have 12 ready to quilt. That task sounds daunting, but it won't take long if I get at it.
    Going to meet DS and GC on Saturday for lunch. Since my X husband lives with them right now I will settle for just meeting him in his town for lunch. Its a long drive for a short visit but I haven't seen him since his accident. He is able to drive again and says that he guesses the pain is subsiding some. He's still dealing with the insurance company for the Uninsured motorist claim. His hospital visit for 27 hours in the ER was $28K plus lab and doctors. Amazing!!
    Raining here again but the weather guy says tomorrow it will be 70. Hard to believe. THen on Thursday another cold front coming in and we'll be back to the 30's.

10. Thanks Monique, Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    The linguini sounds wonderful...ummmm good...as they say
    Joy, I wish you lived close to me. There is that guild over in the other county (140 miles round trip) and they are having a trunk show today at 1pm. I am so tempted to go but I just can't bring myself to go alone. I am okay in a group if I know the people or any people for that matter, but shrivel up and become very reclusive on my own. I've been telling myself I would enjoy it and then the other part of me says that I will enjoy being alone in my sewing room today. Hummm
    Yesterday I sorted thru orphan blocks and put them into groups to make Shriner quilts. They may be a real hodgepodge but I'm certain that they will be loved. If I get them all put together I will have 12 ready to quilt. That task sounds daunting, but it won't take long if I get at it.
    Going to meet DS and GC on Saturday for lunch. Since my X husband lives with them right now I will settle for just meeting him in his town for lunch. Its a long drive for a short visit but I haven't seen him since his accident. He is able to drive again and says that he guesses the pain is subsiding some. He's still dealing with the insurance company for the Uninsured motorist claim. His hospital visit for 27 hours in the ER was $28K plus lab and doctors. Amazing!!
    Raining here again but the weather guy says tomorrow it will be 70. Hard to believe. THen on Thursday another cold front coming in and we'll be back to the 30's.
    I dread seeing DH's hospital bills. I suspect they'll start rolling in soon. Thank goodness, I was carrying him on my medical insurance!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I don't know why I feel so tired this morning. It doesn't help that it's chilly & overcast. I'm wondering if i have a little winter depression. Lately I just don't feel quite myself. DH thinks it's because of the painting & not having my house in order.

I need to move the freezer into another room but can't get DH to help me. I have decided I'm going to ask the healthy 27 yr. old next door to move it for me & pay him. I miss the younger days when I had the strength to move things without help. I also need to call an electrician to fix a couple of light switches. Getting things ready to sell the house is a pain.

Hope everyone has a great day!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carolnnc View Post
    Good morning. I don't know why I feel so tired this morning. It doesn't help that it's chilly & overcast. I'm wondering if i have a little winter depression. Lately I just don't feel quite myself. DH thinks it's because of the painting & not having my house in order.

I need to move the freezer into another room but can't get DH to help me. I have decided I'm going to ask the healthy 27 yr. old next door to move it for me & pay him. I miss the younger days when I had the strength to move things without help. I also need to call an electrician to fix a couple of light switches. Getting things ready to sell the house is a pain.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    I don't know if you have a real estate agent yet or not, but ours recommended having a house inspection before putting the house up for sale. It didn't cost that much, but it let us know things we really needed to address before the move. Then when the people buying the house had an inspection done we could tick off what wasn't an issue because their inspector was a real liar.

And, I think most importantly, selling your house is always as is, so you don't have to address any of the buyers issues if you don't want to!

Our buyers are going to regret one thing they insisted that we do. It cost less than $100 so we went ahead. They had us put chlorine in the well to raise or lower the ph. They didn't think about that water went through the house, and right into septic tank killing the good bacteria necessary for the septic system to work right. I bet they're regretting that move by now!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou