Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome Artistic 18 Sit Down

Does anyone here have this machine? If so, what are your thoughts? It seems to be less expensive than some of the other sit down models. I have Janome sewing machines, and they've been great.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome Artistic 18 Sit Down

Interested in the answer, too. Just love my Janome...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I checked online and it looks to be around 3 grand, very interesting. I wonder if it could be put into the existing countertop I have. Since I don't have 3 grand at the moment I guess it is a moot point.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sat down at a quilt show and played with all the sit down models. If it is the artistic janome with the stitch regulator (I tried them both), it was my favorite machine. Have you actually sat down and played with the machine? I highly recommend before making a dollar commitment, you make sure it is right for you.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Janome Artistic (250x277).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	150287

I "test drove" one a couple of years ago....the asking price (on sale) at a Janome dealer with the table included, was $5500.00!!!

It does quilt like a dream and the machine is nice, but to me, it's very expensive for a mid-arm. If you can get one at a decent price within your budget...go for it!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I had one. After getting rearended I found pushing the fabric under the needle became uncomfortable. Before that mine and I had finally become friends. The owner's manual is very scarce on information. The information on winding the bobbin wasn't accurate. Had to go to a blog to find out how to get the bobbin winder to work. I found the Janome help desk to be rude and no help when I first got the machine and had issues. The large table was nice. I could put my sewing machine on the other side of it.
    Once I figured my issues out on my own and with help from various blogs I did like it until my wreck but like I said Janome was no help. This is really a TinLizzie sitdown with a Janome label. Good Luck.
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilady View Post
    I had one. After getting rearended I found pushing the fabric under the needle became uncomfortable. Before that mine and I had finally become friends. The owner's manual is very scarce on information. The information on winding the bobbin wasn't accurate. Had to go to a blog to find out how to get the bobbin winder to work. I found the Janome help desk to be rude and no help when I first got the machine and had issues. The large table was nice. I could put my sewing machine on the other side of it.
    Once I figured my issues out on my own and with help from various blogs I did like it until my wreck but like I said Janome was no help. This is really a TinLizzie sitdown with a Janome label. Good Luck.
    Gave you still got it? PM me if you are interested in selling it.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure the price is $2999 including the table. I've seen them on Sewing Machines Plus, and maybe at Ken's site??? They have financing available. I'll have to find somewhere to test drive one. I think I'm at least 2 1/2 hours from the nearest shop. If it's the same as the TinLizzie, does anyone have a review of that machine?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

No I sold it after the car accident. I have a Brother Dream Fabric Frame with the Dream Quilter 15. A lot easier on my back.
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.

10. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have that particular Janome, mine is a Janome Quilt expressions 4.0 but I absolutely love it. Have had it for about 9 - 10 years now and never a problem.
    Have a blessed day
    Pam[/I]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]