Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Orphan Blocks need a home...

It's that time of year when I open my home and sewing area to any and all Orphan Blocks.. I make up quilts to donate to the local Abuse Center and there is a few homeless people who benefit from a quilt and giving those orphan's a great home where they are loved and cherished.

In the past years I have been able to make and donate an average of 10 quilts a year to the Abuse Center.. and donate kits to the ladies who make quilts for the homeless here in our area - Peoria, Illinois. All quilts are a twin bed size or larger. And the recipients take the quilts with them when they leave the Center.

I call all those blocks that weren't used and put back in storage til ""sometime"" Orphans. So if you have any orphans you would like to donate, please PM me for my address. I'm willing to help with the cost of mailing so let me know if you need help.

I post photos of each quilt I've made and donated in my albums if you would like to see how your Orphans have found their way to a for ever home...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Orphan Blocks need a home...

I will check to see if I have any for you. Your address is in your user notes.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

yea, finally got signed in. I had to join all over again though. but now have an avatar. I too will look for blocks or make some up for you. I actually was working on some preprinted blocks. feather designs. 18 inches I think. i finished 7 of them or 5. anyway, had 12. would those do?
    Last edited by nativetexan; February 11th, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Any items "blocks" you wish to donate will greatly be appreciated. pre printed or left overs. All will find a home. Thanks Monique and NativeTexan.

I donate the batting and backing fabrics as well as sewing/thread and finished quilting. I have a little helper who comes here and lives nearby me who does some long arm work, too. When you see this, Please introduce yourself, Lisa B.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have some orphans some sample blocks that I made up left over summer in the park blocks etc. I do have some HST about 6 1/2 from one of my early quilts about 10 or so I think if can you use those? I also have 20 batik blocks from the jellystone pattern. I accidently trimmed one smaller by 1/2 inch then the rest and it annoyed me so I never went back to redo the rest so they rest would need to be retrimmed

One other thing my sister gave me a box of fabric and in it was a flimsy older unusual color combo, hand appliqued stars. good size if you added borders it could be made to a twin. does have some minor light smudge marks on one of the stars that I noticed I think it would come out if washed I could put it in so you could see if you could use it?
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am finishing up some UFOs right now....I would be glad to donate some blocks when I am done....I will get back to you in a pm...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Altairss, I'd be happy to find a permanent home for the flimsy.. I wash every quilt before gifting it, so if there is a "mark", I'll be sure to pre treat b4 washing.

Carol, can't wait to get your PM.... feel free to send whatever "left overs", I'm sure I'll find a good home them, too.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Are HST considered a block? I have some blue and white ones.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you back on the forum, Judy. I've been saving some blocks and fabric for you. Will get a box out to you soon.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lorie, YES, HST are a block, as far as I am concerned.. I can to a lot with them, and I'll add extra fabric as I need it to get a twin size quilt from them . (blue and white are my fav color combo.)

Thanks, Robin... It will be like Christmas when all the boxes get here. My eyes glaze over and my heart rate goes up.. sweaty palms, and ripping packages open.. WOW, look at all those gorgeous fabrics!!

Native Texan... YOUR 3 BOXES ARRIVED!! I sent you a PM and can't wait to get a scrappy quilt done.. The colors are wonderful.