Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

If yes, what is your personal experience?
    I'd love some reassurance (based on facts and experience) before I hit the "Place Your Order" button.

Thank you so much!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Mine has been perfect right from the box. I bought it sight unseen, just based on reviews. It's super fast and very reliable!

3. Thanks Preeti, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have one. I loved using it even though I used it very little before getting a great deal on a used Aria from the cruise I was on. I hope to sell my Juki to a Floridian someday soon because I surely do not want to ship it.

I do not think you will be sorry. It is an awesome machine and sews beautifully. Great with FMQ as well.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

5. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and I LOVE it! It's my main piecing and FMQ machine. The main selling point for me was that it had the largest space to the right of the needle that you can get before having to spend several thousand dollars. The space between the bed and the arm of the machine is also quite tall, and the head of the machine is tapered and sleek so you can really see what you're doing when FMQing. The only real detractor to this machine is the needle-threader, which is finicky to use.

The Babylock Jazz has a bigger workspace (12"), but there's no needle-down function and it can't do as many stitches per minute compared to the Juki 2010Q (1000 vs. 1500).

The Juki has a fast, strong motor. It's a very solid machine. The Brother PQ1500S appears to be a twin to the 2010Q and you can get it for a few hundred dollars less. It also has very good reviews. Singer also makes a lower-priced mid arm, the S16, but it's currently out of stock on the Singer and Amazon sites.

7. Thanks Bethy, Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have its predecessor, the Juki 98E. I love this machine! It's the most powerful and reliable sewing machine I own. Both the 98E and the 2010Q arestraight-stitch only machines, so please be aware of that before you buy. If it's just your backup piecing machine, then I think you'll be really happy with it. After all, the fewer bells and whistles, the fewer things to break.

One more thing: the 98E needs to be oiled after eight hours of sewing. I don't know if the 2010Q does or not. I know this need to oil frequently bothers a lot of people, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Good luck, and let us know if you buy one!

EDIT: Here's a review that says a lot of things I agree with:
    https://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/re...juki-tl-2010q/
    Last edited by GuitarGramma; February 9th, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

9. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the TL 2010 for piecing and regular sewing and the TL2000 on a frame for quilting. I've had them over 4 years...no problems with either one. I think they're very good, solid straight stitch machines.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

11. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Juki. Bought it 3 years ago. I have done FMQ on 3 queen size quilts on it. Sews beautifully. No hesitation on bulky seams.

It does need to be oiled, but that only takes a minute. It has the speed control, which I really need.

I did have one problem with my machine. Though it's "mechanical" there's a circuit that controls the bobbin winder, a safety switch. That failed. Juki tech guy sent a new top piece to me overnight and then walked me through changing. Only took a few minutes. No problems since.

I hope you let us know what you decide.
    Diana Grey

13. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I loved that machine. I had it on a grace frame for a long time. I gave it to my daughter when I received the Juki 2200 TL. Mine was a work horse and one thing I loved it would go over thick seams with no problem. A drop of oil ever so often on the bobbin case and brush out the lint and she was happy. I was going to keep her but my daughter ask me or rather begged for her.

15. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You can't go wrong with that machine. I love mine.

17. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 2000. Love it!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

19. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post