Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

I just got one at Christmas and I'm so glad I did. I just love it! I've been practicing my FMQ on it and I feel it is really helping me improve. I also did some piecing on it. I think its awesome.
    Tracie

2. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for three years and love it!! I do all my quilting on that machine and have had no issues.
    Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had mine close to 3 years and still love it. Makes a beautiful straight stitch, sews over anything, and I’m also using it for FMQ. Yes you must oil it, but that’s hardly a burden. It’s not temperamental. The main learning curve is adjusting the tension for FMQ. I got some extra feet inexpensively such as piping and cording feet. Recently I started ruler work, and the Juki ruler foot is excellent.Dont hesitate to commit to this workhorse, but be warned that it is so speedy it spoils you for other machines.

6. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine for just over 12 months and love it. My Bernina 710 has a longer harp space but the extra height in the harp space of the Juki is brilliant....I feel that the Juki handles quilts much more confidently than my 710. It's a good, no nonsense mechanical machine that suits me to a tee.
    The only critcism I have for it is that the walking foot that came with it was woeful; just shocking. I ended up using a different brand walking foot with it after reading on the facebook group. Juki sent me a replacement walking foot after I contacted them but at this stage I haven't tried it yet as I like the other foot so much!
    Last edited by just4me; February 10th, 2018 at 08:43 AM.

8. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also have one. Really like the machine. Heavy duty and very straight-forward to operate.

The one small problem is that it has less feet available than the PQ 1500. Juki has finally put out a line guide for the walking foot. It's odd, pricey, but it works. I also bought Juki's ruler work foot. Prefer it over the Westalee. Also pricey. They have a gadget to stop the pedal from auto cutting. Easy to put on and take off. Having the foot cut threads is nice for piecing, but can be a nuisance doing FMQ.

Some high shank generic feet will fit the Juki. Open toe foot works, compensating feet will work, too.

Allbrands has some of the feet so you can decide if and what you want.

10. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine! I know Leah Day has one and also a Janome (I think) that has a larger space. She prefers to do her FMQ with the Juki as the harp is higher and she doesn't have to "stoop" to see what she is doing. Here is a video why she changed to the Juki
    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...tl-2010-q.html

12. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha O View Post
    I also have one. Really like the machine. Heavy duty and very straight-forward to operate.

The one small problem is that it has less feet available than the PQ 1500. Juki has finally put out a line guide for the walking foot. It's odd, pricey, but it works. I also bought Juki's ruler work foot. Prefer it over the Westalee. Also pricey. They have a gadget to stop the pedal from auto cutting. Easy to put on and take off. Having the foot cut threads is nice for piecing, but can be a nuisance doing FMQ.

Some high shank generic feet will fit the Juki. Open toe foot works, compensating feet will work, too.

Allbrands has some of the feet so you can decide if and what you want.
    I hate the auto cutter on the foot. I turn my foot backwards so I don't accidentally cut.

14. Thanks Preeti thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have one. I love the large harp space. It sews beautifully, and quickly. I absolutely hate bobbin problems, and I worried a bit about the side bobbin, but I have not experienced any problems. Mine works better with aurifil thread. My only wish Is for walking foot guide for straight line quilting. And the walking foot is a bit noisy.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Newbie View Post
    I have one. I love the large harp space. It sews beautifully, and quickly. I absolutely hate bobbin problems, and I worried a bit about the side bobbin, but I have not experienced any problems. Mine works better with aurifil thread. My only wish Is for walking foot guide for straight line quilting. And the walking foot is a bit noisy.
    I found a walking foot guide you can add on, but it's not cheap ($45!). The new Juki 2200 mini has a walking foot with a guide, but I haven't been able to find it sold separately.

17. Thanks Old Newbie, Preeti thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine too. Agree with some of the minor annoyances mentioned, like fewer available feet, and just every once in a while I’ll accidentally cut the thread with the pedal, but that’s not common.

If it tells you anything - I let my mother borrow mine because she was having some problems with her old Singer. She grew up during the Depression and can hold on to a dime like nobody’s business, but she had a Juki in her sewing room within a week after borrowing mine!

19. Thanks sydneybean, Preeti thanked for this post