Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I finished a WIP, now I'm wiped

I was taking a break today from sewing. I had lunch with my mom 94 at the restaurant in her building. We both had the chinese special, which came with soup/salad, dessert and beverage. A deal for $10 each. It's a white linen service, nice restaurant, but I hope they survive. I don't take my mom out anymore as it is too challenging for me to load her and wheelchair. I told her about my recent activities. She loves to get news. She is getting nostalgic and talking about my dad, who passed in 2000. She never brought up over the years.

This weekend, I finished quilting a top Sorbet meets Rocky Road (see album). I also made a few more blocks in the medium colour wave for the 3 Dudes quilt. Yesterday, I almost finished a top for Victoria Quilts, brought it home and will add border. I will pass to the next one in the group to tie or quilt. These are quilts made from donated fabric. cotton front and flannel back, which are given to patients while undergoing chemotherapy. My girlfriend looks after this group now and invited me to join. I don't mind as it's not a big time commitment.

Today, I also dropped off donations of household items to local charity to sell. Went to local Value Village and found bunches of unopened paper plates for the grandkids birthday parties. My daughter gives me a list of what she is looking for, and I do the shopping. Bonus, Tuesday's is 30% off for seniors. Funny I dont think of myself as a senior, but I'll take the discount. Also did some groceries and brought back beer and wine bottles to recycling and picked up a few bottles of wine.
    We are expecting more snow overnight and tomorrow, so it will be an indoor day. The wine will be nice after a day of sewing. Another WIP is done, and I am wiped (for today).
    Have a good evening and stay safe and warm. Thinking of everyone who are dealing with challenges this year and sending hugs.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I finished a WIP, now I'm wiped

Suzzane, sounds like your life is full. Treasure all the time you can with your mom, I know how hard it was to get wheelchair in and out of car, especially with snow on the ground. Nice that there is a restaurant right in the building.

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You deserve that bottle of wine after a full day like that.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Checked out your projects.....beautiful! My oh my you're one busy gal! Love the 3 dudes....can't wait to see it finished!
    It's nice you can do some things with your mom....wow, 94, she's doing great!
    Sometimes we need a break and sometimes we need to push ourselves......I'm wondering today which one will I do.......?

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post