Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by AstoriaQuilts View Post
    Do you have one left that's not filled out? You could photocopy it and slip it into a page protector with the pattern or swatches. If you don't have any more blank ones, you could recreate it in Word or Excel and print them off as you need them.
    Thank you....

Yup, this is the last one.....why it isn't used. I've been thinking of copying it, as I can't find anything I like. My DH loves it cause, "ya know, one day you will die and no one will know anything about what you've done....how many and where they all are."

So happy I've kept track of all the quilts I've made. Not so with the lap size ones. Made dozens and dozens, never recorded a thing!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I am so impressed with how organized y'all are!! I do take pictures and I try to make a label for everything. I always put the year of the quilt on the label so there is some record but not much. I always marvel at people's organizational skills. I think that is a trait you are born with or not. Unfortunately it is not in my genes

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You could blog about the quilts, ufo's etc. too. That would record the details. Take Preeti, and Bubby for example. There are other forum members with blogs who I am overlooking, sorry.
    I try but am too lazy to record much, some iphone pics is about all I'm good for anymore.
    Heather

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have a notebook where I jot down tips for myself but it would not remotely be considered journaling. Honestly I don't think I would ever go back and read my own quilting journal if I kept one. Pretty sure it would get tossed out if I died. I just hope future generations will hang onto the quilts I have made!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

inspired by your reply's and the enjoyable book,
    although don't think anyone would keep my sewing 'record of achievement'.
    been busy finding the pictures and printing them out, temporary placed in an photo album with a little note about each item sewn, who gave to, and dated.
    just realised gifted more stitches than made for self, which is rather nice feeling.
    its great to look back, for me, when can not sew, it is amazing to re feel the joy of the gifts made for each person given, even if realistically the make, has probably been recycled to charity.

Before this organization session, normally made a card with details of the pattern, machine used, date, me the maker, fabrics battings / waddings used in case of allergy, washing advice and well wishes, for what ever reason made for. and slipped in the item.

The quilts were always signed with fountain ink pen, date, machine used, and pattern creator.

Thankfully item's had pictures taken so able to make this sewing R.O.A .