Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI SPARROW QUILT

Just wanted to let y'all know about this. I struggle with free motion quilting, and I'm tired of stitch in the ditch. Sparrow quilt offers templates and a foot that you simply follow the template. I saw a video from quilt market 6 months ago, saved up and ordered 1/1. 3 weeks later I received 8 of the templates. I have received many emails with promises for the other 2 templates....it's been a month and nothing. You can't use templates without the foot so it looks like I'm out $150
    This is a Canadian company, but they drop ship from Norcross ga. Which is 50 miles from my home. These templates are a good idea, but the customer service is non existence. Buyer beware

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FYI SPARROW QUILT

I hate to hear that, I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

I've never used templates, so I'll ask my dumb question... can you use your darning foot with it?
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you haven't received the ruler foot or the other 2 templates. Very annoying to say the least, to have paid for something and then only to receive part of the order, and yet you still can't even try out the part you did receive.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Not a dumb question Katrina, but no, the way the templates are made, you have to use their foot. I finally got a response to many emails and a phone call to canada....they say it will be in tomorrow's mail. We will see. I truly hate this has turned out like this, I've been really looking forward to using this. I took my birthday money to buy it lol. Teaches me to order from any place other then here, I simply could only find items from this company. Have fingers crossed

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, they will provide you with a shipping/tracking number.

Does the company use FB, etc? Sometimes a post on their page about the issues will get you faster results. Good luck with your order.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Saw these at our Phoenix Quilt Show/Expo last friday. The lady who created them was there demonstrating..... so sorry to hear of your trouble getting the products. They looked very interesting and I almost got some of them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you will get them soon and be able to practice with them next week. The video did make it look easy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

They are on FB - saw their ad there just this evening . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they are on FB....I've been looking at those things the past week but have not had the energy to go up to the sewing room to measure what type foot I need. Also, I was waiting to see if they were going to be at SewExpo. I have the other brand, and I think that foot would work with these templates as well. I like how these work better I think.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Yep, they are on FB....I've been looking at those things the past week but have not had the energy to go up to the sewing room to measure what type foot I need. Also, I was waiting to see if they were going to be at SewExpo. I have the other brand, and I think that foot would work with these templates as well. I like how these work better I think.
    How odd, I've been seeing a lot of their videos on my FB feed too. I would think the other brand, it would work Pat