Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FYI SPARROW QUILT

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Yep, they are on FB....I've been looking at those things the past week but have not had the energy to go up to the sewing room to measure what type foot I need. Also, I was waiting to see if they were going to be at SewExpo. I have the other brand, and I think that foot would work with these templates as well. I like how these work better I think.
    How odd, I've been seeing a lot of their videos on my FB feed too. I would think the other brand, it would work Pat

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order for 2 of these templates on Dec 27th. Still have not received them. Have been told they would ship in a week, then when that week was up told would be the following week. Then they were due in on Monday and would ship Tuesday. Waited til Thursday to again contact them. Actually received a shipping # after that. The problem was it was a preshipping notice. Tracking after another week never changed from preshipping. Now they say they will ship them from their Canadian shop. I am truly sorry they can not get their business in better order. Do not sell what you do not have in stock. Should be a simple concept.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaE View Post
    I placed an order for 2 of these templates on Dec 27th. Still have not received them. Have been told they would ship in a week, then when that week was up told would be the following week. Then they were due in on Monday and would ship Tuesday. Waited til Thursday to again contact them. Actually received a shipping # after that. The problem was it was a preshipping notice. Tracking after another week never changed from preshipping. Now they say they will ship them from their Canadian shop. I am truly sorry they can not get their business in better order. Do not sell what you do not have in stock. Should be a simple concept.
    I would post something on their Facebook page to get their attention. Sorry you are all having problems with this company. Not a good way to do business that's for sure. I just checked their page and you are not the first ones to complain.

Check this out:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sparr...h=669#lpqa=d,2
    Last edited by Monique; February 3rd, 2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed many things that are on the Sparrow page are actually made in the USA, and are available through their manufacturer. I was at the Martelli booth at a quilt show in the fall and purchased the rotary cutter (which I hate), the slotted ruler, and the cutting mat (the same one she uses on Sparrow demonstrations. Martelli is in Pensacola and you can order directly off their website. I will say I'm very disappointed in the rotary cutter I purchased from them. I wanted those quilting guide rings, but luckily I didn't buy them. They don't stand behind their products at all. They had me send the cutter back and they put in a new screw and fan piece and sent it back to me with extra parts and blades. At first it cut better, but now it's gone back to skipping threads, etc. I've changed the blade following their video instructions and it doesn't help. So, I'm now going back to use my other cutters. I've also seen those yellow rulers with the sliding guide on a website here in the states. Probably faster to get them that way too, but don't know if I've seen the templates anywhere else. Valuable lesson learned for myself. Stick with what I know works.

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Update; I finally received the rest of my order, 43 days after I placed the order. I haven't had a chance to try the foot and template, but honestly I think they will work nicely. Too bad because if I like them I certainly would have purchased more from them in the future. So I am glad I bought so many LOL.

7. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness you finally got them.

One thing I would suggest is leaving a review on Google or something like it and contacting the BBB leaving a report.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kjohnson View Post
    I've noticed many things that are on the Sparrow page are actually made in the USA, and are available through their manufacturer. I was at the Martelli booth at a quilt show in the fall and purchased the rotary cutter (which I hate), the slotted ruler, and the cutting mat (the same one she uses on Sparrow demonstrations. Martelli is in Pensacola and you can order directly off their website. I will say I'm very disappointed in the rotary cutter I purchased from them. I wanted those quilting guide rings, but luckily I didn't buy them. They don't stand behind their products at all. They had me send the cutter back and they put in a new screw and fan piece and sent it back to me with extra parts and blades. At first it cut better, but now it's gone back to skipping threads, etc. I've changed the blade following their video instructions and it doesn't help. So, I'm now going back to use my other cutters. I've also seen those yellow rulers with the sliding guide on a website here in the states. Probably faster to get them that way too, but don't know if I've seen the templates anywhere else. Valuable lesson learned for myself. Stick with what I know works.
    I'm sorry you are so displeased with Martelli. I have several of their items and could not be happier. I have their rotary cutter (in the left handed version), but rarely use it anymore as I like the Kai rotary cutter much better. If you see them at a show, talk to them....I know they will make things right.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!