Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday, GROUNDHOG Day EVE!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ce0211adbe91087f7a751ba3f1ae32a.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	149938

Good morning friends. Well it is a brand new month and a brand new day. Tomorrow is the BIG day, will he or won't he. Either way it is only 47 days until the first day of spring and it can't come soon enough. We had about 6 inches of snow fall yesterday. Glad I was home and didn't have to venture out.

Well I spent the better part of the day trying to sandwich that dang quilt. I had added to the backing but apparently iy wasn't big enough, I had to come home and add more to one side and then go back again. This time was the charm and the quilt is now ready to be quilted. I haven't figured out how I am going to quilt it yet. I also took the pieces of the memory quilt with me to lay out. I think I have the layout figured out and I took a picture of it so I remember. Now to figure out the filling part. So I guess today I will sit down and draw out and measure out and see what I come up with.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday, GROUNDHOG Day EVE!

Mornin Monique and all who'll follow....

We'll arrest me! I beat 4 eggs this am.....and I beat them well! LOL

Happy you've got your quilt sandwiched and onto another.....my, you're busy!

Well as they say in Michigan.....wait a minute, the weather will change....and it has and will. Yesterday made it to 39 and now the deep dive to 8 tonight.....then more white stuff.....they're not committing to the amount just yet. Spring can't come fast enough!!!

Guess it's a good time to stay in and sew! Yeah! Been pin basting one of the donation quilts. Should finish today. Gotta clean something around here, so I may or may not quilt on it today. No worries, it'll get done.

Hope everyone has a maaavelous day. Hugs for those struggling!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ It's snowing! 32 deg. & light snow. Just enough to cover the street. It looks like <1/2" on the picnic table. The radio said north of us got 2-4". Well, I don't need to go anywhere. I ran my errands yest. This a.m. chicken soup is on the schedule, so I'll be in the kitchen all morning.

The City installed a new water meter in our front yard yest. We'd had our old meter 15 yrs. It had >2 million gal. on it. The new meter has an electronic device installed so they can read the meters from the street as they drive by. Now we won't have to make sure the lid is kept uncovered during the snow; they won't have to manually remove the cover each time it's read.

My son in MD called yest. with an update on his wife's job application process. She'll be having interview #3 today (with the same co.). It sounds like it's down to her & one other applicant. If she gets this job, it will be a closer & better commute for her. She currently drives 1 hr. each way to work; in bad weather or heavy traffic it can be even longer. She works in HR.

My only sewing yest. was ~30 min. of FMQ practice. I'm thinking about doing an all-over leaf pattern on the current quilt.

No more time now.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, step one for the day... getting some bills paid. Howard wouldn't pay any bills on line, he wrote the checks for bills the day they came in and put the in the mail box for the next morning. Me... I've already set up 3 accounts this morning and paid 3 bills. The utility bill came yesterday. I'll have to contact them first, then I'll pay that one.. on line!

My kids worry that losing half of DH's pension, and his SSI will break my bank. lol, I keep telling them I'll figure it out. But, they're just like their dad... over protective.

I worked on getting some things ready for J's home school today. I'm hoping it will go smoother without a bunch of boring worksheets. We're going to work on symmetry and the continents. With the Olympics coming up, I'm hoping I can get him interested in some geography.

Well, time to have one last cup of coffee before we pick up J. Hair cut this afternoon, and from there. I think DS#2 and I will eat dinner out at Town Center somewhere.

Prayers for those in need.

Have a great creative day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

I'm sick again...or maybe "still". I called for a doctor's apt yesterday and my doctor is hospitalized with severe flu. I have to find another place to go. I don't want to go to the ER, as we have a $300 copay if I'm not admitted. I have an'tantibiotics on hand but the possibility of C-Diff is high at my age and I will use those as a last resort only. This is a bugger to kick.

Kat, I pay almost all of our bills online. I can't pay the water bill that way because it freaks the little old ladies out at the water company if they don't get the stub back in the mail. The bills are handwritten...can you believe it! They like for you to pay your bill in person so they can find out what's going on with you and they like to give hugs, or maybe they like to get them. Whatever, it takes such a little bit of my time I go along with it.

What few things I wanted to do today are done, so I'm heading back to bed until I have to get up to feed the neighbors cars at 2.

Last edited by Bubby; February 1st, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Morning Everyone,

I'm sick again...or maybe "still". I called for a doctor's apt yesterday and my doctor is hospitalized with severe flu. I have to find another place to go. I don't want to go to the ER, as we have a $300 copay if I'm not admitted. I have an'tantibiotics on hand but the possibility of C-Diff is high at my age and I will use those as a last resort only. This is a bugger to kick.

Kat, I pay almost all of our bills online. I can't pay the water bill that way because it freaks the little old ladies out at the water company if they don't get the stub back in the mail. The bills are handwritten...can you believe it! They like for you to pay your bill in person so they can find out what's going on with you and they like to give hugs, or maybe they like to get them. Whatever, it takes such a little bit of my time I go along with it.

What few things I wanted to do today are done, so I'm heading back to bed until I have to get up to feed the neighbors cars at 2.

Sorry to hear you are still sick. I hope this bug leaves for good and soon.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I am planning on staying in all day today. The flu is rampant around this area and strep seems to be spreading quickly. The children and I have been staying in as much as we can to try to avoid getting sick. I am hoping to get started sewing on some table runners that I cut out on Sunday.

Barb, I hope that you get feeling better soon.

Katrina, there are some fun activities about symmetry on pinterest. One of the favorites that I seen was using candy canes. You fold a piece of paper in half and use the candy canes on each side to do the symmetry. There are also several free unit studies on the Olympics. My children like using a wall map to find locations when they are mentioned.

Have a good day everyone
    Last edited by Simply Quilting; February 1st, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, hope you can find something to kick this bug for good.
    Katrina, I have no doubt that you will figure everything out and be ok. You sound like a very resourceful person. We have municipal utility districts for our water and trash pickup. They charge a fee to pay online or have direct debit. I refuse to pay a fee to make their job easier, so I send them a check once a quarter. Everything else is on autopay, buf i do check my account activity daily. I love quicken! When I was married, my DH refused to get a credit card with reward points. He liked to pay cash or use the card he had had for the previous 28th years. So I used my card and used the reward points for something special for me. Well when we got divorced, he had to get a new card, and now uses the points. Well DGD just fell asleep, so I will sneak in a nap too. Have a good day all and try to stay healthy.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's a chilly but beautiful sunny day! I bundled up & sat on the front porch with my coffee. This winter I've tried to go out every morning & breathe in the cold air. It seems to give me extra energy to get things done.

I worked hard yesterday afternoon and did our taxes. It was a relief to get it done & off my plate. I always wonder how people get so much money back cause we sure don't.

We went last night & looked at a leather recliner a neighbor had for sale. It was in excellent condition & a great price so DH has his birthday gift. We are going to pick it up Saturday when DH can get the young, healthy kid next door to help him. I can see the me & the cat having some good snooze sessions in that chair while DH is at work.

The flu is so bad that I hesitate to go anywhere. We both got the flu shot but I still don't want to take any chances. I've had DH cleaning the vehicle door handles & steering wheel plus his keys & cell phone everyday. I wipe down everything in the house too. When I worked in the schools & library I wiped down computers, phones, door knobs, light switches & even my pens. Everyone thought I was nuts until they got sick & I didn't. I've been trying to break myself & DH from touching our faces. He finally said to stop that I was driving him nuts. He rarely gets sick so I figured I'd leave him alone.

Today is laundry day. DH has to work til 8 pm so I won't have to cook dinner, just find myself something to eat.

Sending everyone good thoughts, wishes for getting well to our sick ones & hugs to all who are hurting.

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, home school went well. Nana was having Fish and Grits for lunch, so J asked to be taken back there for lunch. He was having so much fun that he wanted me to call her and tell her he was staying longer. I said no, we'd told her we'd take him back for lunch and he was going back for lunch.

DS#2 is taking me to get my hair done this afternoon. He's going to see if they'll trim up his beard for him while I'm there. He had retinoblastoma as an infant and they took his eye. He's been cancer free ever since, but it's definitely a challenge for him to keep his beard even, and it grows so fast! I cut his hair, but that beard is a challenge for me... with two eyes.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It's hit the 70s already and I'm thrilled to get out in the sunshine.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post