Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday, GROUNDHOG Day EVE!

Below zero today and at high noon it is still minus 1. Do not have to venture out today. So sorry to hear about Bubby's illness. I had an eye appointment yesterday. Had to see new MD, to double check for glaucoma. Tests went well, I am stable. I walked into clinic and put on a mask and did not take it off until I left. Flu is rampant here too! Didn't want to cancel appointment, so I wore a mask. I do hope that will protect me. Katrina, you seem to be doing really well, praying for you and family. Carolnnc, I collected all of my papers for taxes, have an appointment tomorrow with my accountant. Yes it does feel good to get that behind me. I just got a new credit card wanted to have an extra one for my trip. This one has rewards too. Bonus. Simply quilting staying in is my plan too.
    JCY hoping your DIL will get the new position. Star lover we say the same thing here in Wisconsin, wait a minute and the weather will change. And I am hoping it will warm up soooooon!!!
    Monique, I appreciate this daily thread, thank you!

2. Thanks Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday, GROUNDHOG Day EVE!

Katrina, I read with interest that your son was affected by retina blastoma. I have 4 first cousins who were diagnosed with it, and 1 second cousin, all on my mom's side of the family. That was probably around 55 years ago. (I think I was 12 when it first showed up in the family.) Back then, they didn't know much about it. Mayo Clinic did a study on Mom's family, and we were told it's usually passed on through the men, but my second cousin (a woman who was blind from the disease) passed it on to her little one. When my kids were little, I took them to the eye doctor every 6 months to have their eyes examined. We were told it generally shows up by the age of 5, but the doctor had one patient who was 12 when it was diagnosed. Since this was years ago, there's probably new information and research about it.