• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcptnl
    Shiny Thimble
    • Jan 2018

Babylock Coronet

I am considering getting a Babylock Coronet. My quilt shop has their floor model for $5400 which seems like a good deal. Does anyone have a Coronet? If so, do they have any regrets or are they really happy with it?

I currently have a Babylock Elissimo, which I have had for about 8+ years and really like it a lot, so I am happy with the Babylock brand. There is a quilt show at the end of March - just wondering do you think I should wait til after the show or get this one now - thanks for any thoughts
  • Star lover
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2016

Re: Babylock Coronet

Sorry, I'm no help, I have neither of these machines. But I wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forum from Michigan. I'm sure someone can help you. Lots of helpful folks here. .......and we do love pics!

Comment

• grammaterry
      grammaterry commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Star Lover. haven't seen you around for a while. Good to see you post.
  • GuitarGramma
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2012

I, too, want to welcome you. And I, too, don't know anything about the Babylock Coronet. Is it strictly a sewing machine? Or is it combo sewing and embroidery? What's the MSRP of the Coronet?

But if you love it and can afford it (and it's a good discount from MSRP), don't wait! Someone else will grab it before the end of March!
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Vonnie
      Missouri Star
      • Apr 2013

Does that include the frame? If so, sounds like a good deal to me. I have the Babylock Crown Jewel II. I think the main difference in the machines is 2". Mine's 18" and the Coronet is 16".

It's a nice machine. I don't have the computer. I do love the stitch regulator on it. I have had mine for close to 3 years.
      Vonnie

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

I have seen the Baby Lock Coronet at my LQS; they have a display model. I would want to know what all is included in the sale price. Many times the stitch regulator & some items cost extra. Also are you going to get a maintenance service plan? I think it's called the Gold Standard, which is good for 3 yrs. That will be extra and will cost at least $500. You might want to inquire what the service charge is if you have to have someone come to your house to work on your machine. The Gold Standard might be worth the price. What about the lights that are over the frame? I know those cost extra. From what I've seen demo'd at my LQS, it seems like a nice LA. I was told the frame can be lowered so you can sit down to quilt. The owner of our LQS bought one of these for herself to have at home. I personally would recommend buying from a local known dealer than from someone you don't know at a show.

Comment

• Ellen D
          Shiny Thimble
          • Feb 2018

I have had a Babylock Coronet for about a year. I really love it! I learned to use a longarm on an Innova which is an amazing machine but I didn't have the room for anything that big. Using the Coronet is a little different than a traditional longarm since you still have to make a quilt "sandwich". The Coronet's frame is really like a big hoop---a really big hoop. So it's really easy to change projects quickly. This helps me a lot since I always have multiple projects going at the same time. Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge if the quilt is large but I'm getting better at it. And I love having it in my home so I don't have to drive somewhere to rent time on a big longarm.

I have a Babylock Ellisimo and an Ovation so I am really a loyal Babylock customer. I think their machines are top notch. The pricing you mentioned seems pretty good. I bought mine at a show and they threw in a lot of extras but it was more than that. If your quilt shop participates in the show they might know if there will be special pricing.

Comment

• hh677
            9 Patch Princess
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by xcptnl View Post
            I am considering getting a Babylock Coronet. My quilt shop has their floor model for $5400 which seems like a good deal. Does anyone have a Coronet? If so, do they have any regrets or are they really happy with it?

I currently have a Babylock Elissimo, which I have had for about 8+ years and really like it a lot, so I am happy with the Babylock brand. There is a quilt show at the end of March - just wondering do you think I should wait til after the show or get this one now - thanks for any thoughts
            The Babylock Coronet is made by Handi Quilter, it is the same as the Simply Sixteen. I bought the Simply when it was introduced 2 years ago for $5495, which I believe was considered an introductory sales price, and HQ did not charge for shipping, also an introductory special. My dealer came and set it up at no charge.

Overall I am pleased with the machine. As I'm sure you know, larger, more expensive machines have more bells and whistles. If space allowed, a larger frame with reels for advancing the quilt would be great, but I've learned to maneuver on the smaller frame.

Good luck!

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

I've been looking at the Coronet too. I believe it comes with a built-in stitch regulator. I think I also read that it came with both front and rear handles

Jeanne

Comment

• K. McEuen
                Super Moderator
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2011

Comments by members posting items for sale are deleted as there is NO selling allowed on this forum.
                K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

• Nancy Keay
                  Shiny Thimble
                  • Feb 2021

I bought a Coronet a month ago. So far it’s great.....I find that getting the tension right is tricky.

Comment

• Tanya Cox
                    Shiny Thimble
                    • Aug 2023

i am also looking at the Babylock Coronet. I can get a used one for $5,000. It has about $900 of extras included. Is this a good price for being used? The time on the machine is 3334, I am not sure what means?? I have been top stitching all my quilts on my Singer. Let me know what you think!

Comment

• grammaterry
                      grammaterry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would think that number would either be hours or stitches. Doesn't seem like enough for stitches and it would surely be a lot of hours.
                  • cv quilter
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

I have 5 Babylock machines....and I love them all!!! I have a fabulous dealership and an incredible service pro! It doesn't matter what issue I might be having, he can take care of it. Central Sewing in Prescott Valley AZ are my go to for sales, service and classes. I love Phil and Jamie.
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                    X