Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hi

Welcome from not so sunny UK! Whereabouts are you? I'm sure you'll love the forum, lots of knowledgeable members to help.

I remember my godmother having a Singer treadle machine when I was a small child but I don't know what she made with it.

2. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from another Arizona member!!

4. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Hi

Thank you all for the welcomes, this really is a friendly place
    am loving visiting already
    had hoped to respond sooner, (a computer update took a little longer to configure.)
    Am in the North Riding will be looking into how to share a few pictures and finding out the picture size restrictions if any.
    so far found the treadle can do everything the electric machine did for me, but is a lot quieter, and keeps me exercised while creating.
    There is a zig zagger attachment with removable sew pattern discs, and button hole attachment, that fits to the presser bar are both amazing to watch working, the attachments make you think the needles moving side to side, but really is not
    thank you again for the amazing welcome
    regards
    Treadler

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again, the North Riding is lovely, I'm in the West Riding. If you haven't already done you need to check out Scarborough Sewing Centre - the fabric range there is lovely and there is a sale on at present. Oops, sorry if you're on a fabric diet ��

7. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mary
    did not know there was a sewing centre there, thanks for the info, not on a fabric diet as such, just working through the fabric off cuts, before adding fresh lovely bright fabric. my stash fits into a cube of 12" x 6" x 2"
    just been making wheel centres for the current project, they were difficult in that had to have a centre square in the centre seam of 2x 1.5" squares.
    would like to make a rainbow lone star quilt in diamonds, but despite sewing with paper first, not English paper piecing but paper in stead of fabric haven't yet learn the technique to join points together successfully,
    was hoping a bigz die that would work with a jelly roll, would have the require bits cut off, helping the whole piecing, but there is not one, apparently there are over 200 diamonds to cut out!!
    Are you sewing a quilt at the moment?
    regards Treadler

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Threadler, I'm always sewing and yes I am working on finishing a number of UFO's but I keep getting sidetracked.

With regard to the lone star pattern, have you tried YouTube, there are some really good teachers and you may come across a shortcut to help with the piecing etc. When you're ready to buy your fabric, check out the sewing centre, it's on the end of Aberdeen Terrace!!

10. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mary
    thanks again all for the info, much appreciated

visited by technology street maps also visited msqc using same method
    wow you should see the machine shed window and the walls on e Mc Gaughy street are the seats real ? hard to tell when looking straight at the wall.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from New York!. I sould love to have a working treadle...maybe someday.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

13. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin. I remember my aunt had a treadle machine when I was a little girl. I think I mostly remember it because it was in the kitchen! They had 10 children, they lived on a farm (no indoor plumbing) and every room had to have multiple purposes. I would love to sew on a treadle just to see what it is like.

15. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from TX. Don't know anything about treadling. I think you'll find this forum helpful. I sure have.

17. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post