Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rant! Iím over MSQC bashing!

Disclaimer: I have no family, friends who work at MSQC.
    This is my opinion only .. Iím really disappointed in the posts Iíve seen here and on Facebook slamming MSQC for their recent shipping problems.
    During that time, every single page I looked at on the shopping site said something like due to a change we are experiencing longer than normal shipping times .. your order may not arrive before Christmas... something like that. Every. Single. Page. Stated this. And yet people were surprised .. and wringing their hands .. and threatening MSQC if they couldnít get it figured out they were going somewhere else.
    Wow. Just wow. Jenny Doan has given us 10 years of her life .. not just Jenny .. Ron and their adult children who also have children. And lives.
    Jenny and Ron are real people .. not just actors you see on your screen. They have bills, car troubles, grocery shopping, family issues, cooking, laundry, house cleaning, etc. Just like every single one of us.
    About 7/8 years ago Jenny and Ron came to our local guild meeting .. they were just on the cusp of getting national recognition... she gave an almost 2 hour presentation and we were on the edge of our seats listening, laughing, crying, and laughing .. and just thrilled. And afterwards they loaded up their van to make an overnight drive to get to their next destination. They were putting in the hours most of us would never want. That was normal for them .. when we asked if this was an abnormal situation the answer was no .. theyíd been on the road way more than theyíd been home.
    Did you know that not long after they started filming their very first videos Jenny fell and broke her leg so badly she was confined to bed for almost 8 months??
    I do live close enough to visit Hamilton and the MSQC family.. its about an hour highway miles from me. I remember one trip when they were just starting the 1800 reproduction shop ... Ron was so excited he gave us a tour while it was under construction.
    And for the past 10 years Jenny has given us free tutorials on quilt making ... sheís freely given of herself and put herself out there on you tube where people are happy to make negative remarks .. sometimes ugly comments. And she still does it for us every week. Every. Single. Week.
    I think loyalty means something. I think standing by a company that has always done right means something. I recognize that customers were frustrated .. I just think instead of chiming in .. there should of been more positive comments and helping others to see this was a weird situation.. not the normal for them. I think Iím really disappointed in general society who seem so quick to discard a very loyal friend .. like the Doan family.
    Life ainít always beautiful
    But itís a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rant! Iím over MSQC bashing!

Thanks for your post. I completely agree. It seems that they are back to business as we expect. If customers were lost during this glitch, that is sad. Probably a lesson learned by the new CEOs that timing of big changes is key to success of implementation. I ordered during this time frame and got all my stuff, but am sad some were not so fortunate. Thank heaven for loyal customers.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Well said.

4. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well put. I AGREE 100%
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We all have our own opinions and those who were 'bashing' are still here aren't they?

And that's all I have to say about that!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

8. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amen!!!!!!

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I think you stated it very well. Time for all of us to move on.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very well said I agree!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't have said it better myself. God bless Jenny, the Doan family, & all the crew.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto......