Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rant! Iím over MSQC bashing!

I love your rant and praise of MSQC. You are very fortunate to be able to take a drive there. I wish. It is on my bucket list to visit Hmilton, Perhaps as a large detour if we have to visit DH family in KS.

I ordered during the times that indicated delays and I appreciate that I was given a heads up, and had no expectations of a swift delivery, but TRUST that I would receive it. Typically it takes 10 days to Canada, with customs and all. I ordered during nov-dec, a busy time for delivery companies, and while it took longer, maybe 3 weeks, I was not holding my breath for the fabrics I ordered. I appreciate their forthcoming about the delay.

If you want to talk about bad delivery. I ordered from another popular site in November. When I kept checking on its status, it said on its way. I got the package TWO months later. I was concerned that I would never receive.

Cheers to MSQC for all their great tutorials and for instiilling the love of wuilting in many people. I started quilting less than 3 years ago, and while I took classes at LQS, I referred to Jenny's tutorials for patterns that I could make without too much difficulty. I order the Block magazines as I feel this gives me additional information on the tutorials.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking the same thing. I've quit looking at those posts that are just pent up frustration. The Boy Scout motto is Be Prepared... that doesn't me just for one moment in time. It's making preparations in advance so you're ready. When you're told that a company is having problems with shipping and a truly valid reason... be prepared to wait.

Lord knows, if it wasn't for the Doan's family. I wouldn't have all of you and I've needed your prayers and support this past week. Kuddos to the Doans and Kuddos to the men and women of the forum.
    Katrina

ďNothing can dim the light which shines from within.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was a wonderful tribute to MSQC and I just hope somebody in the Doan family is able to see it, and know that their most loyal customers on the Forum are still behind them 100%. Congratulations Doans, you made it through the big transition!!!

5. Thanks mommadeb, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Doan family for everything (and that is a lot!!!) Will stand by you too as you have stood with us through a lot.

7. Thanks Grey Lady, mommadeb, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Jenny taught me to quilt. I love her for that! I have never seen a company work so hard to please customers even in the midst of difficulties. Thank you MS!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Jenny didn't teach me to quilt, but finding her tutorials many years ago reignited my passion for quilting (which had waned a bit). I credit her for giving me my joy in quilting back.

So thanks for that Jenny and whole Doan family!!! Love you all!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BRAVO!!! Very well said and written. Not much more to say....AGREE!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! the American Dream is alive and well and thriving and we are fortunate to witness the progression of this remarkably creative family

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I should mention that I placed an order Sunday afternoon. Yesterday morning, I checked and it hadn't shipped and I wanted to add an item. I called and was helped by Steve, a very pleasant person. I explained what I wanted and he gave me two options..cancel original order and then place the order again with the add on..or just place an additional order and he would deposit $5 in my quilters cash to offset the postage for second order. I opted for that since I had already paid for the first order with Paypal. He handled the entire transaction over the phone in a matter of minutes and even put the Paypal through. I have received two emails already telling me my orders have shipped. How can you beat that? Thank you Steve and MSQC staff. I'm on the Band Wagon for the Doan's and MSQC!!!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

13. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

While some here may see me as one of "the bashers" nothing could be farther from the truth. I love M* and all that they have done for the world of quilting. I have expressed my discontent with their shipping methods. I was assured at least two years ago that we would be given options - in the next month, and sadly it didn't happen. I really want to see them do well - they are a modern day American Dream story. My concern that I have tried to convey is that in this day of Amazon same day delivery, sending an order the slowest way possible is not good business practice. Sadly, they now appear to be in damage control mode.

Now, do I think they will survive this? Of course!!!! I am cheering for them, and hope the shipping from out the door to my door will get back to what it used to be. I would rather order from them than from anyone else, but have had to go to other sources when I need something quickly, and knowing I am not alone, know that is not good for their bottom line any way you look at it.

Love you Jenny and Missouri Star!
    Donna

15. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post