Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tutto sewing machine case

Sorry spell check wants to change my heading. Should be Tutto machine case. Does anyone have one of these cases for traveling with their machine? If so could you give me what you like/don't like about it?

I have a Janome bag for my 7700, and the web handles ripped apart on it, and I don't even use those straps for lifting the bag with the machine in it. Needless to say very disappointed in that expensive bag.

I need to purchase a traveling bag for my other big machine and the Tutto looks very study.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cathy F; January 25th, 2018 at 01:15 PM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tutorial sewing machine case

Not sure what a tuto is but I have the Janome bag on wheels. It's like a big suitcase. I wouldn't think it would have to be a Janome brand. As long as it would fit. There is enough room for the machine, cutting mat, side pockets and it did come with a separate suitcase where I can put fabric in and it straps on with the top. Has a handle so you can roll the whole things to wherever. The handle retracts and has side web handles to lift into my car.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
    Not sure what a tuto is but I have the Janome bag on wheels. It's like a big suitcase. I wouldn't think it would have to be a Janome brand. As long as it would fit. There is enough room for the machine, cutting mat, side pockets and it did come with a separate suitcase where I can put fabric in and it straps on with the top. Has a handle so you can roll the whole things to wherever. The handle retracts and has side web handles to lift into my car.
    Georgie girl- Unfortunately that's the Janome bag I have and both of the web straps have shredded and ripped and I don't use those for lifting I only use the side handles for lifting the machine in and out of the car.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I have one..... it is very easy to roll around and has the metal pull bar/handle. I have the XL so I can fit my smaller brother "class" machine inside with all the supplies I need to go to any classes or open sew events. The only lesson I learned is that with it fully pack for class it is very heavy to put into the car so just be careful lifting it when full.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tutto sewing machine case

I have a huge one for my Brother machine, which I have never taken with me, so I stick my Pfaff in it and all of my quilting supplies when I go on retreats. The thing holds a lot and weighs a ton when I fill it up, but the aluminum frame keeps it sturdy. I've been using it for 3 years, I think, and it still looks new. I got mine on Massdrop.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback on the case. I don't take this machine out to retreats or classes but I'm going to my retreat upstate and want to take this machine with me as it's where I purchased it from my friend's quilt shop and her husband is a certified tech who does the cleaning on my machines and this will be the first cleaning and servicing for it as I bought it last year. It doesn't fit in the other cases I have for my other two machines. I just ordered the XXL Tutto case that is the size I need for this one.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The XXL is the size I have. My Pfaff is older and could probably fit in a Medium easily.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tutto-m...71529838356103

another thread shows the case on sale on massdrop
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tutto-m...71529838356103

another thread shows the case on sale on massdrop
    Oh - forgot about that! Thanks Karen.

11. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the XXL bag for your machine! What color did you choose?

I have the XL bag that fits two of my machines. The bag is great as there are FOUR wheels that rotate/move easily. I wanted a size that allows top loading and unloading. Easier to "drop" and "lift" machines straight out instead of front loading which can also be done.

I slide a piece of cushion foam (green foam @ jo-ann fabric) to protect front of the display area on machine. Of course you could also use fabric.

I also have a Br*other brand bag but there are only TWO wheels. They don't pivot so a little harder to maneuver the bag/machine.
    If only the wheels could be changed out.