Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tutto sewing machine case

I was going to purchase one, then I checked online and found a used case for my Husqvarna. It was in perfect condition and large enough to put extra supplies and all for $50 CDN. You might want to check local used 'for sale' websites. If you are going to visit your friend who sells your machine and carry-all, I would bring it and ask if this wear and tear is normal. Since these are not cheap, she might offer a solution. It could be that this was an issue raised by other people and the manufacturer could have replaced them.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tutto-m...71529838356103

another thread shows the case on sale on massdrop
    I got the case in red to match the Elna case the embroidery arm came in. Looking forward to getting it.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
    You will love the XXL bag for your machine! What color did you choose?

I have the XL bag that fits two of my machines. The bag is great as there are FOUR wheels that rotate/move easily. I wanted a size that allows top loading and unloading. Easier to "drop" and "lift" machines straight out instead of front loading which can also be done.

I slide a piece of cushion foam (green foam @ jo-ann fabric) to protect front of the display area on machine. Of course you could also use fabric.

I also have a Br*other brand bag but there are only TWO wheels. They don't pivot so a little harder to maneuver the bag/machine.
    If only the wheels could be changed out.
    Thanks for the feedback, I got the case in red to match the Elna case the embroidery arm came in.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    I was going to purchase one, then I checked online and found a used case for my Husqvarna. It was in perfect condition and large enough to put extra supplies and all for $50 CDN. You might want to check local used 'for sale' websites. If you are going to visit your friend who sells your machine and carry-all, I would bring it and ask if this wear and tear is normal. Since these are not cheap, she might offer a solution. It could be that this was an issue raised by other people and the manufacturer could have replaced them.
    Yes, I will ask her about it. Would be nice if it could be replaced as that's the bag I use for my other machine.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Great!

Be sure to decorate it and make it yours. I buy zipper charms, jewelry etc and add to my bags. Don't forget a luggage tag or embroidered name tag too. Have fun!

6. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased a tote for my Janome 8900. Its a Blue Fig who I'm told makes the actual Janome cases. It is very nice, well-padded and moves well. Didn't have to pay quite as much for it as the ones on Massdrop - did manage to get it on a LQS January clearance 30% off sale.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the x-large Tutto and am very happy with it. I use it to carry my featherweight and everything else I need to classes, etc. It is quite heavy when all loaded up. I was able to buy it used from someone that wanted to use it for sales samples, when she filled it up she couldn't lift it.
    I have a tv table ironing board and it even can be put n a side pocket for a ride into the classes.
    I really need to geek it up since it is basic black.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of large berninas and debating on the tutto or Bernina rolling case (when it goes on sale). Just wondering if the tutto has all the inside padding that a Bernina case has?

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyannie View Post
    I have one of large berninas and debating on the tutto or Bernina rolling case (when it goes on sale). Just wondering if the tutto has all the inside padding that a Bernina case has?
    I have a Bernina 790 and the rolling case came with the machine. Yes, the case has two huge pads inside, but they need to be removed in order to fit my machine in the case. So I guess it depends on which model Bernina you own whether or not that padding will be of any benefit.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Tutto. It's crazy sturdy. I have a Bernina 750 QE which is stupid heavy lol, and it's fantastic for travel, though if I had my choice, I wouldn't travel with it as much as I do, lol. BUT I very highly recommend this case. =)