Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I saw the sunrise - Thursday

Good morning.
    I can't believe I have been awake and up at 5:30 am. I am pouring my third cup of coffee, wrapped up in my Sticks and Stones lap quilt watching the weather channel. It is going to be cold today -19 Celsius and it is still icy outside. I am feeling the pain of shovelling the snow and ice on Tuesday. DH went to work and since it was above zero, I decided to surprise him and tackle the double driveway. I was feeling ok after the sweaty 1.5 hour workout. I pushed to the side, what I couldn't push or throw above the snowbank. He finished it up with the snowblower. I really must write myself instructions on how to use that thing in case I ever need to.

So this has been a busy week doing clean up of household chores, only a bit of sewing everyday as I didn't want to cramp up my hands more. I filled 4 large boxes with shredded paper. It was good to get rid of a lot of papers that are way past expiry. More to go, but a good start. I did make three blocks of a quilt for my girlfriend. The three dudes quilt.

Another friend's mom is moving to a retirement home. I bought her two wooden rocking chairs and half-moon hall table. I will probably pick them up in the next week as it's an hour away. Now to figure out what must leave the house. My new rule, something comes in, something must go out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	149764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	149765

DH is going to work today, so I will get lots done.
    Have a fun productive creative day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I saw the sunrise - Thursday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9877113c4dbee1764768f8442b4f9abc.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	149766

Thanks Suzanne for getting us started this morning. I see the sky is pink this morning and it is cold out. Yes another cold day but warming up for the weekend again.

I have been a busy little beaver making the 9 patches 5". I have quite a stack of them. I divided into two groups, one stack has a sashing on each side and the other stack will be on point. I figured out the measurement, 3 1/2" blocks cut on the diagonal will make the 3 1/2" block a tad bigger than 5". So I will have an assortment of 9 patches. I have a long way to go to actually have enough for a quilt but I am getting there.

Ok I also need to get off my duff and get that memory quilt going again. But, but I am having fun with the 9 patches!!

Oh and I got the word that I can have Maizyn here for her March break. They have a live butterfly exhibit at the Museum of Nature in Ottawa until April 2. I really want to take her there. And maybe the newly renovated Museum of Science as well.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Suzanne and all who'll follow.

I too have been up ....since 4 am. No sunrise, we have clouds. Haven't seen the sun since Saturday.....it could be worse. It's trying to snow, I hope it fails!

Still waiting on the border fabric to arrive, it didn't make it yesterday as was told by tracking, maybe today. So I'm sewing away on the second donation quilt. So far, so good. Finally found an arrangement I'm lovin! Now if only DH doesn't fall in love again! Too bad, it's goin! I hope!

Oh Monique, your 9 patches sound fun! Can't wait to see it!

Hope everyone stay healthy or gets healthy! Hugs and love to all struggling.......my, there's so many that need it!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Too early for seeing a sunrise here. I have only a min., as DH is waiting for his breakfast to be fixed.

Yest. was BSF, followed by my usual Wendy's quick lunch & numerous errands. I took my Kaffe Fassett quilt to the LQS where she took pics to post on their fb page. I had a list for Walmart. I always browse the fabric there, but seldom buy. However...I found some really cute flannel which I bought to make up some burp clothes. I got home at 2:30. By the time the groc. were put away, I had a snack, etc. the afternoon was gone. I watched the 2 hr. episode of The Amazing Race in the eve. So I did no sewing.

Today I'll mix up my turkey patties & hope to get some sewing done this afternoon.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went into town yesterday and we had a great day. We ran a few errands and had lunch but he was much more relaxed than usual so it was sort of a pleasant trip. Took back the curtain rods I bought from Walmart. They bowed when I put the window covers on them so DH made me some out of some heavy duty thin wall. He painted them silver and they look great and no bowing.
    I broke down and ordered three tops from old navy on line. I ordered three so I could get free shipping. So, they mailed each separately...makes no sense....One will arrive today, one tomorrow and one on Tuesday. I don't know how they can afford to do that.
    Going to try to FMQ today. I hope it is warm enough to bear the cold for a few hours.
    Have a great day

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    DH and I went into town yesterday and we had a great day. We ran a few errands and had lunch but he was much more relaxed than usual so it was sort of a pleasant trip. Took back the curtain rods I bought from Walmart. They bowed when I put the window covers on them so DH made me some out of some heavy duty thin wall. He painted them silver and they look great and no bowing.
    I broke down and ordered three tops from old navy on line. I ordered three so I could get free shipping. So, they mailed each separately...makes no sense....One will arrive today, one tomorrow and one on Tuesday. I don't know how they can afford to do that.
    Going to try to FMQ today. I hope it is warm enough to bear the cold for a few hours.
    Have a great day
    I ordered 3 pairs of jeans from Kohl's and the same thing they came from 3 separate states in 3 separate packages although they were all the same brand jeans, go figure.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne your quilt blocks are beautiful!!!!!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had home school this morning with J. probably shouldn't have because I was getting frustrated with his pokiness. I finally left him with the last worksheet and told him I was setting up the easel. If he wanted to paint before we took him back to Nana's house, he had to be finished with his work. His painting is drying on the easel, should be dry by the time they come back for supper.

MIL, BIL, and SIL are in GA, shouldn't be too much longer before they get here. Pray that I can hold my tongue around my SIL. Not sleeping too well, and my temper is getting a little short.

When we took J back, Nana told us Esther was running a fever. I hope she's not getting sick. lol, it would be my luck to catch what ever it is. DS informed me he was cooking dinner tonight... ok, what ever... I do know how to cook. One of the families from his school sent dinner last night. I have the thank you note written, but couldn't read the last name, so I have it ready to put the name on the envelope. (He doesn't know the address either, so he's going to hand deliver it).

The pastor came and prepped the order for the service. I told him, keep it short and sweet. DH was a firm believer in the KISS principle, anything over 25 min, was too long. He asked about flowers and plants... I said please tell everyone no flowers or plants. I don't have room and my allergies would force me out. We've requested donations to Hospice be made- even if they wanted to make the donation in their own town it would be fine with us.

This is the quiet before the circus begins. Reality probably won't really hit until Sunday or Monday when everyone goes home.

Be creative! Prayers for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ The turkey patties are done & in the freezer. Three lbs. of ground turkey makes enough for 3 wks. I add onion, garlic, crushed crackers, eggs, shredded carrot, & seasonings.

So far we're having a cloudy day. It's mid-40's. Denver is 10 deg. warmer than we are.

I've been thinking about Joan who had all the mouth surgery. Has anyone heard from her to know how she's doing now? Also, what about Sugar? She hasn't posted since they got out of the hosp.

I'm ready to go sew more on the wildlife quilt.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's for the info on butterfly exhibit. It would be fun to bring my daughter and the grand kiddos. I also want to get to the newly reopened Science Museum. A friend of ours works there building and making a lot of the pieces there. It looks amazing. I always loved going there as a kid and when I first moved to Ottawa.
    Have fun with the 9 patch. That would be a good way to use up some of my leftovers.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.