Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday and the start of a brand new week

Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 201
Size:  9.5 KB

Good morning friends. I hope you all had a good weekend. Saturday Les and I went for a drive, it was so lovely out and we actually did see the sun. I did make a stop by a quilt store, which was next to the antique store, to say hello. That hello cost me $22, which is pretty good considering I wasn't going to buy anything. Turns out it is a Halloween table runner. Jeez!! Yesterday was spent cleaning the sewing room. Today will be spent dirtying it up again.

We had snow overnight but we are expecting a lot of freezing rain between today and tomorrow. I really hope not. The anniversary of the last ice storm was 20 years ago (Jan 4). I really don't want a repeat of that. We have guild tomorrow but I hope it is cancelled. No sew day today but Lynda is stopping by for come computer help. Les had to work today so I have the whole day to myself, what shall I do?

I hope all of you who have been under the weather are starting to feel better.

Have a great day my friends and smile today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday and the start of a brand new week

Good Morning Monique & Everyone,

Glad you had a good day, Monique. I spent most of yesterday napping. I think my jaunt to the apartments Saturday set me back a bit. Today is my last day of meds.

We had a monster electrical storm in the night. Our power went out for a few hours. Dottie jumped into our bed to protect us.

A trivia tidbit sent by M* is that M&Ms were created so our military could enjoy chocolate without melting. Who knew?

Jeff will be bringing boxes home from our storage units so we can pack away Christmas and take the tree down.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs....

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Only 14 deg. here this a.m. Yest. it snowed all day until ~2:30. We ended up with 4"; other areas around us got 5-8". Our snow angel didn't come until 3:30. I went out & broomed off the window well covers. Amazing how much darker the bsmt. was with that layer of snow on there. There's a layer of ice under the snow, so our driveway is a sheet of ice. I did stay home from church yest. & have no plans to go out today. The streets are a glaze.

I had a good afternoon of sewing. Finished the FMQ on the Kaffe Fassett Square-in-a-Square, got the binding sewed on, turned over & pinned. It's ready for stitching on the 2nd side. I'm on the downhill stretch.

I phoned my niece in TN yest. eve. She had sent me a msg. that she was in the ER with her mom in the a.m.; she's the caregiver for my widowed SIL. She'd had this respiratory bug making the rounds & had coughed so much she broke a rib! She said she felt something pop. It turns out she has osteoporosis along with all her other medical problems. She was so weak, she had fallen twice during the past week & my niece had to get help to get her up. I hope she'll be feeling better soon.

Today will be the usual laundry, etc. Hope to finish that quilt.

6. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

We'll have a busy day, two of the grands for the morning and I'm going to finish the second blocks for the crown blocks this afternoon. All of the hourglass blocks are done and pressed. All of those points in the center are laying flat. On the half square triangles that I put together, I pressed them both to the dark side to start with. That was going to make that center so bulky. So when I was putting the first set together finger pressed the top seam so it would be facing down. The points nested so neatly. Then when I pressed them again I just pressed the seam down to make it lay flat. I pressed all the middle seams to the right so when you have the two points together, those seams nested together. It really made that middle point behave and not poke up.

The biggest problem I had, since I was using part of a charm pack and part scraps was getting my number of cuts right. I kept cutting 1/2 of what I needed in total. I guess I was really focused on not cutting too much and having a lot of extra blocks left over. I should have just gone ahead and talked it all through before I started. This afternoon, block B will be finished and hopefully I can get these three blocks sewn together and ready for a border.

The hexies sat beside my chair yesterday. Didn't touch them even once.

Take it easy Barb, I know you don't want to relapse. I'm still carrying around Kleenex but I'm so much better than I was

Prayers for those in need, for parents of our forum members, those feeling under the weather, and any other needs.

Have a creative day! Hopefully the fog will burn off soon!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

I'm not much for line dancing.....in any form it's just not a good look for me! Hee hee.

Pouring rain now, but better than that white stuff! Temps are up now, but will be dropping.....and then up....spring? I can only dream!

Got all the cutting done for 2 donation quilts. So hopefully sewing is on the agenda today.

Monique, enjoy your free day!
    Barb, hope you rest today and start feeling better! Hugs.
    Joy, such a good thing you're staying in....sounds bad out there. Enjoy your time sewing!
    Katrina, good to know about the crown block, gonna need that info down the road.

Hope everyone has a good day, stay healthy, love and hugs to all!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

JCY, that bug in TN is a wicked one. I'm just getting over it. It turned into walking pneumonia, and I thought I was going to cough my insides out. But it didn't last too long. I went to the DR. right away and she gave me 3 or 4 different things for it. They worked after about 4 days. After the worst was over, I slept for 3 days and I feel fine now.

I finally got back to church yesterday. I miss it so much when I can't go. There is a good service on TV, but it isn't like being there and greeting friends.

12. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

finished the big window cover yesterday and DH spend the day replacing the stupid Walmart rods that I bought that started bowing in the middle . These are not heavy covers and I am going to take the rods back to Walmart and let them give me my money back!
    We bought a bookshelf at Goodwill last week and I went to put it together. I knew it was a really good deal. Solid oak, 6 double shelves. It looked brand new. Well, it was...the shelves were too big for the space. DH cut the shelves down about an inch and voila...perfect fabric shelf. So, I tidied up the sewing room, refolded and regrouped fabric and you know...its starting to have a spring smell outside. Can't be far away.
    I am sleeping too much and eating too much and exercising too little. I must get out of this rut and loose those extra lbs. Quick!

14. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WV must be lucky. Our temperatures have been wonderful the last two days. Today it's suppose to go to 67! Granted it's been cloudy and rainy but I'll take it. I even opened the windows and turned off the heat. It's going down to the 40's tomorrow and then up into the 50's again for a few days.

I'm working on an oven mitt and cozy for my sister. I gave her cozies for Christmas and it turns out she likes using them as potholders, she says they are perfect for her hands but wondered if they are heat resistant for the oven. Hummm, I didn't put ultra-brite in those. So I'm making her another set adding that, in a different color so she will know NOT to use them in the microwave. Then I'm also working on the quilting the second kitchen shade. I have one up already and I really like it. It's inspired me to want to make some new accessories for the kitchen in the blue and greens. It's definitely time for me to start to think of making more things for myself this year.

Miss Carlie had a good day yesterday and also today. It's what I call Senior puppy days. She was flying all over the house like a lunatic yesterday, yes jumping on and off of things, and I was sure she'd be a cripple today. Apparently not :-)....or at least not yet.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

16. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon.

I am getting an ever later start to my day. I caulked, sanded & painted most of yesterday so I didn't sleep well due to muscle pain. I will take a break from that chore today.

Tonight's dinner is slaw & spaghetti so I need to make the slaw. I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce so I need to dig a package out of the freezer. DH will be very happy since it's one of his favorite meals. When we first married he thought it was weird to have slaw with spaghetti (I think most people have a salad) but now he likes it a lot. There is usually enough slaw left so we can have hot dogs the next night.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

late today, as I went to water exercise class this morning only to figure out on the way that schools were closed today pending a storm. That means when schools are closed classes are cancelled. So I did my water exercise and then did 8 laps in the pool! So my day is off to a good start. Wishing all a good day!!!

19. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post