Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fast Shipping - things are looking good at M*!

I recieved a " let us win back your trust" email ssith some quilters points. So I gavd it a try. Sunday I ordered a couple of 1/4 yard cuts. Recieved an email right away that they recieved the order. Unfortunately today Wed it is still processing a d has not been cut yet😣. I figured this woukd be quicker from what others said then Waiting til the weekend and going to joanns or hobby lobby or walmart. I am disappointed it doesn't look like it will make it by the weekend. Well live a d learn.
    B
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Girl View Post
    I recieved a " let us win back your trust" email ssith some quilters points. So I gavd it a try. Sunday I ordered a couple of 1/4 yard cuts. Recieved an email right away that they recieved the order. Unfortunately today Wed it is still processing a d has not been cut yet. I figured this woukd be quicker from what others said then Waiting til the weekend and going to joanns or hobby lobby or walmart. I am disappointed it doesn't look like it will make it by the weekend. Well live a d learn.
    B
    Hey Iris Girl, sorry for the frustration, but two things to consider

1) 1/4 yard cuts are the hardest for us to do - you may notice almost none of our competitors offer this, it's because it's really tough to do operationally, but we know it's important to have as an option so we still have it, but you picked the hardest one to test us on, but still I'm not deterred, it was well played

2) We had some crazy weather here (flash snow storms) that kept a lot of people home, so we were running on a skeleton crew

3) Your order already shipped early this morning, so getting fabric cut and out the door in 48 business hours is actually right within our goal, we'd normally look at your order and think we knocked it out of the park.

Now, that being said, our internal expectation for ourselves is to get orders out within 24 hours, so we want to be better, we're building the facilities to blow you away with the "I ordered, then that one fabric was found, cut, and shipped within hours, this is like MAGIC!" sort of experience. We have still more ideas, and I can't wait for you all to continue to watch us improve, but I'm not even mad about this one. A good critique, but from where we've been, I'm ecstatic with their performance on this one

3. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, Bill. Quarter yards aren't even offered at many quilt shops, and certainly not online. I'm grateful M* offers them. Lately, the precuts I've ordered have arrived very quickly...usually in 4 days. I have an order in for some small cuts, and I knew it would take longer, so I just factored that in when I ordered. Keep up the good work....I'm sure there will be more improvements on the way!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work for So-Fro. I really don't understand the difficulty with quarter yard cuts, other than you don't make much on them, which is why most shops stopped doing them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    I used to work for So-Fro. I really don't understand the difficulty with quarter yard cuts, other than you don't make much on them, which is why most shops stopped doing them.
    I have to agree. There is nothing hard about doing a 1/4 yard cut. Except tne monetary value is decreased. I worked tne industry for 20 plus years and ran the cutting tables. We did from 1/8 to however many yards a customer wanted. I also xo not have any problem getting them in any brick and moirtor store. And a lot of online stores still xo them. Happy to see my order has shipped though.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Well... suppose it takes five minutes to track down a bolt, take it back to the cutting table, unwrap, check to make sure the fabric is straight, cut, rewrap and put away the bolt, fold the fabric, double-check the order form, slip it into a bag and stick a label on it. Now imagine store staff make $10/hour, which is really probably more like $13/hour in costs to the business. Five minutes of labor costs $1.08 by that math. How much is a quarter yard at retail? $2.50? What's the profit margin on it? 40%? Okay, potential profit on that quarter yard is $1.

That's why we're lucky M* sells quarter-yard cuts.

Actually now I feel bad for ordering them...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ordered anything since just before Thanksgiving, and with the holidays approaching I expected delays even before I saw the notices posted pretty much thru out the website, but was still pleased to receive my order within a couple of weeks. I haven't really needed much since then, and what I did really need MSQ didn't have in stock anyway (or someone else had on sale) so I ordered those few things else where.

But I did place an order yesterday with MSQ for 4 different cuts of fabric and I'm very pleased to say I received my shipping notice today.

I'm so glad MSQ is getting the bugs worked out of their new shipping procedures. I can only image the stress the new system has put ALL the employees and management under during the past several months, and believe that it's only going to getter better with time, and with patience on our end. So please send my Kudos to all the order fulfillers, cutters, shippers, and any other customer service staff for all your hard work.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did not know that M* sold 1/4 yd. cuts. That's good to know. I've never ordered <1/2 yd.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! So very impressed! I placed an order on 02/07/2018 and imagine my surprise when I came home from work last night, 02/09/2018 and my package was sitting in my mail box! Whoop! NOWWWW....That is super fast GREAT service. My items were packaged well and arrived in perfect condition! I always worry when ordering rulers but mine arrived in perfect condition! So excited! Thank you Missouri Star Quilt Company! Vanessa from Pink, Oklahoma.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also received an email about 2 weeks ago that $5 was added to my account...I placed an order Wednesday evening and it shipped yesterday....I am very happy with the fast turnaround time....way to go M*QC!!!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown