Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catching up on shipping, but what about missing items from orders?

Its great you're finally working out the kinks in the shipping department, but many of the complaints (and one I have as well) are email notifications saying "Your Order has Shipped!!!" but the order shows up missing item(s). The email is very misleading, implying it's the full order. Often times the missing item is the one critical item I really needed or wanted. There has got to be a better way you can address this. Several times I've received calls from customer service agents saying an item I've been waiting on is no longer available. That's great, but the timing is the issue - it was 2 months after I placed the order.

Suggestion - If a partial order is going to ship out, send an automated email to the customer letting them know what is missing and giving the options to cancel the item, wait for a re-order, or to cancel the complete order. Set a deadline of 24 hours to reply, and if no reply then XXXX is going to happen. Cancelling the complete order might seem draconian, sometimes that one missing item might mean the difference between making a project or not.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Catching up on shipping, but what about missing items from orders?

Perhaps you sould post this on the other thread by Kandee, since it's getting so much attention.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully this advice will be more constructive.

Here's a link to the other thread she mentioned. If you scroll down to post #14 you will find the address to someone who can answer your questions. He has posted in the open forum for a reason. I'm sure if he meant to make it private only for Kandee he would have pm'ed her. https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...t=75057&page=2

Please note that it may take some time ... M* was closed due to weather and now it's the weekend. So it may be Monday before you get a response ... but I'm sure someone in the upper management level will help as soon as they're back to work.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; January 13th, 2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added link

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea Wyora, Love it!! We are always looking for "how should the experience look and feel"

I think exactly how you described is how it should go. I'll see what we can do

5. Thanks Judy, USMC, Stitches23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Wyora if I misunderstood your post. I re-read it again and now understand that you aren't having an active problem so my advice wouldn't help.

I agree with the suggestion. It's great to see that M* will be working on it!