Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default newest on mm.....

This last month has been a rough one. Right around Christmas he got a kidney infection. We had done good, since the one prior was sometime this past summer! He finished the prescription of two weeks on a Friday night after dinner and during the night, he got up and was vomiting. I slept right thru it and he did not wake me up.

When I got up that morning, it was about ten minutes before he did. He immediately asked me to take his temperature and it was 102! I quickly washed my hair, got dressed and off we went to urgent care. They came very close to admitting him as not only was the infection much worse, but he was also severely dehydrated. They gave him two bags of IV fluids and one of antibiotics. They were pleased with his counts after the antibiotic bag, so they decided against admitting him and sent us home with a one week prescription of a strong antibiotic.

He took the last one on Sunday morning. When he got up last night (he works graveyards so is a day sleeper), he was cold....believe me, it was not cold! Took his temp and it was 98.7.....great! As we were eating dinner, he started shaking so bad with the chills that he could barely pick up his food with a fork! Took his temp after dinner, 100. Thirty minutes later, 100.3. Things were not looking well. He had already called out sick and was looking worse by the hour.

I told him we would take it again at 2200, and it was 101. I had already gotten my hair washed and dried while we waited for 2200 to get here. We bundled him up and he grabbed is COC quilt (thanks again ladies!) and off we went. Yes, another kidney infection. We talked at length to the doctor who saw him and she was quite knowledgeable in urostomys and kidney infections. She said that some people develop a colony of bacteria and that causes these recurring infections. They often put you on a low dose antibiotic you take daily. She also said that the methotrexate he takes may be causing the problem. We see the urologist next Tuesday and will be talking to him at great length. Hoping for an end to this!

You also may have noticed I've not been on here much lately. One of my deputies was murdered this past weekend. He was the first car to a report of a home invasion robbery and when he got there, he could hear screaming from inside the house. As he approached the house, two men ran out and he gave chase. There was a gunfight (turned out both suspects were armed) and he was shot, as was one of the suspects who died at the scene.
    His partners began rendering aid until fire arrived on scene and they rushed him to the trauma hospital in Tacoma where he died a short time later during surgery.

This officers name is Daniel McCartney (you can google that or check the news, KOMO is the channel), and he was married and the father of three red headed young boys, aged nine, six and four. He came to our agency from another town and prior to that, he was in the Navy.

I have not been sleeping, my head hurts, my heart aches. You probably won't be seeing me for a bit while I work thru it, but you are all in my thoughts.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

2. Thanks Star lover, SallyO'Sews, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: newest on mm.....

This is all such sad news, Pat. I will be praying for you, MM and the family of your friend. When it rains it seems to pour....Hugs.

4. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. So very sad and senseless. And on top of dealing with your husband's illness, I can imagine how difficult that must be. Do what you need to and take care of yourself. We are here for you when you need us. Sending prayers for all and a big hug for you!

6. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for you, MM, your deputy and his family.

8. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, I'm praying for you and MM and your friend and his family. Not a good start to the new year. Prayers that things improve, especially MM's health.

10. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lifting prayers and will continue. You've been through so much, and have enough to process. Just feel our hugs and support from across the miles.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Many hugs and prayers out to you all. I hope they get MM's kidneys under control too.

14. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha covered - in more ways than one, DF!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

16. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was so sorry to read your post. I hope MM's infections can be brought under control. I have a friend who, following treatment is on a low dose antibiotic to keep infections at bay.

I don't know what to say about that poor man and his family! A brave man doing his job to keep people safe. My prayers are for all those affected by this tragedy xx

18. Thanks bubba thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sad! Praying for you guys and your friend’s family. So sad for those kids.
    Happy Quilting!

20. Thanks bubba thanked for this post