Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

Back on December 11th I placed an order for a Christmas themed jelly roll. I saw it available on a competitor's site but I like to give my business to MSQ and earn free points. I even visited their town last year and have been a loyal customer for a long time.

I knew from the forums that there had been some delays with ordering so I just thought I would be patient and wait. Last week I received an e-mail saying my order had shipped - yippee! Nothing like receiving fabric in the mail to start the new year right! Got home from work yesterday and saw a small envelope on the table, it was obvious there could not be a jelly roll in there. I opened the envelope and a tiny cheap plastic tape measure fell out. There was also a packing slip that listed the tape measure and nothing else. It said tape measure price $0 and order total $35.95 plus $5 shipping. I never ordered a tape measure and figured it was some kind of freeby they meant to send along with the jelly roll?

I called customer service to find out where my jelly roll was. It took 5+ minutes to get to talk to a live person. The girl looked up my order and agreed it seemed odd. After doing more research she then said the jelly roll I ordered was now out of stock and there was no way I would be receiving it as they never reorder Christmas stock. Then she said nothing. Dead silence on the line. I had to ask if they were going to refund my money. She said they could do that and said $35.95 would be refunded in 3-5 business days to my card. I then asked about the $5 shipping for the jelly roll I didn't receive and she said, 'oh, okay'. That is now being refunded separately as she didn't include it in the first $35.95 refund.

I understand things happen. Besides the obligatory complaint of I picked out this jelly roll for my grandson and had the opportunity to purchase it elsewhere. If there was a quantity inventory issue, that should have been addressed IN DECEMBER when I might have had the opportunity to find another one. I'm not happy about it but I will get over not owning this jelly roll. MSQ should have communicated that much sooner though.

The two biggest issues I have are, number one, I received an e-mail saying my order had been shipped. Why in the world would anyone ship out a trinket tape measure WITHOUT THE JELLYROLL and no explanation inside? A person, not a robot, put that tape measure in the envelope and I can't for the life of me figure out what they were thinking. If I wouldn't have called would I have ever received a refund? This is just poor customer service that goes beyond an inventory issue.

Number two, and probably what bothers me most, was the non-helpful attitude of the person on the phone. Basically what I got was 'well that's odd, too bad, you're screwed'. Those are not her words, she did actually say sorry once but her deadpan voice was relaying the screwed part loud and clear. As a customer, when there is an obvious problem with my order what I expect to hear is what you are going to do to help me fix it. I didn't get that at all.

Okay, I've written a book here. You get the idea. I will no longer be ordering from Missouri Star Quilt Company, no matter what inventory system they are using, until I am convinced their customer service has improved. I am seriously disappointed in what they did and how they handled it once I brought it to their attention.
    Don't worry, be scrappy!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

Wow that is terrible customer service and certainly what I would NOT expect from Missouri Star! I don't blame you for being so upset. I haven't ordered from them since about November. It seems like since Thanksgiving everything I want has that band across the thumbnail photo of the item with those dreaded words, out of stock. Maybe they should stop expanding. Do you think they are getting too big for their britches?

3. Thanks mommadeb thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Wow that is terrible customer service and certainly what I would NOT expect from Missouri Star! I don't blame you for being so upset. I haven't ordered from them since about November. It seems like since Thanksgiving everything I want has that band across the thumbnail photo of the item with those dreaded words, out of stock.
    I agree with you even if it was one minute passed midnight!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very bad experience. I also have tried ordering from them after seeing a video tutorial and the stock has been depleted within a couple of days. I think they have grown way past their ability to keep up with demand. The next thing that is going to happen is they will be bought by a mega company since they are not able to keep it all in house. I cannot imagine the nightmare that they are experiencing trying to keep up with demand.
    Trisha
    Coram Deo

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Its even being discussed now on other forums.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order on 17 October for fabric yardage. It ended up being backordered. It came in....and then backordered again. I understand these things happen. I finally got it last week.....in a too small box, unwrapped. No plastic, nothing. I'm thankful it was freezing out. If it came today, we are having snow melt down.

The thing that really gets me is that my credit card was charged 17 October.
    In a perfect world, and almost all sites do, you're not charged until it ships. Over 2 months with my $ and nothing to show for it. Not a good thing.

Like others here, I'm sure hoping that this "new system" is running soon.......REAL SOON!
    Last edited by Star lover; January 9th, 2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ordered from them in a few months because of this.

I would be really angry if that happened to me. They screwed up several times on your transaction. Poor communication in the initial shipping notice, stupid shipping (who would ship a freebie without the actual product? and not follow up with a reason?), and then the unhelpful customer service rep. How very sad.

I think this is either because they have grown too large and the CEO's aren't family and not concerned with their customers.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

My mom had a similar experience. She ordered enough precuts to qualify for a 10-yd of white fabric freebie they were doing (I think it was Cyber Monday?). Anyway, after over a month of waiting, she got an email saying that her order was unable to be filled and they would be refunding her money. No real explanation of why it took them over a month to figure out they couldn't ship her order, and no, she didn't get the promotional freebie she had qualified for either. They did give her the quilter's cash for the order, but still... She did call and talk to customer service, and all she got back was that the rep agreed that a month was a long time to wait.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm. I may have to rethink ordering anything from M*. It's sad to hear these complaints.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snippet View Post
    I haven't ordered from them in a few months because of this.

I would be really angry if that happened to me. They screwed up several times on your transaction. Poor communication in the initial shipping notice, stupid shipping (who would ship a freebie without the actual product? and not follow up with a reason?), and then the unhelpful customer service rep. How very sad.

I think this is either because they have grown too large and the CEO's aren't family and not concerned with their customers.
    I think maybe too it being such a small town they are having problems finding dedicated hired help. I haven't ordered from them for quite a while but in the past I never had any bad experiences. Customer Service is #1 for me. I expect respect and ability to help with an order question. So far I've never had any problems but for other people I sure hope they can get it all straightened out so they don't go back where they started from.
    Linda