• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LLLinda
    The Guild President
    • Mar 2017

Re: Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

I wonder if it would be best to actually close the mail-order side for two weeks to a month and get it all squared away.

Comment

• Glizell
      Honey Bun
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by midnightline View Post
      My mom had a similar experience. She ordered enough precuts to qualify for a 10-yd of white fabric freebie they were doing (I think it was Cyber Monday?). Anyway, after over a month of waiting, she got an email saying that her order was unable to be filled and they would be refunding her money. No real explanation of why it took them over a month to figure out they couldn't ship her order, and no, she didn't get the promotional freebie she had qualified for either. They did give her the quilter's cash for the order, but still... She did call and talk to customer service, and all she got back was that the rep agreed that a month was a long time to wait.
      I know how your Mom feels, I also placed a big order in order to qualify for that 10 yard bolt. As I recall you had to spend at least $200. I too got the email saying that the order had been cancelled as they could not fulfill it. I was able to re-order most of the items and have found alternate suppliers for the items that were no longer available at MSQC. But I'm still disappointed about that 10 yard bolt of fabric! Oh well. I hope they get it all sorted soon as I really like shopping with them. I'd love to see a case study some day about what went wrong with their system implementation and what the lessons learned were.

Comment

• BillNye
        Administrator
        The Guild President
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LLLinda View Post
        I wonder if it would be best to actually close the mail-order side for two weeks to a month and get it all squared away.
        We would literally have to fire 300 people if we did that

We kind of have to get it sorted or we all hit the road. Take heart, Mike (our CEO) replied above, and every day we are getting more orders out than the day before, that's what you want with a new system. We're getting there fast,

Comment

• grammaterry
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

I decided not to place any orders when I heard It was a 2-3 week delay plus shipping time. I think that closing down the mail orders for 2-3 weeks makes sense so they can get caught up. If they don't want to close it down, then we as a group should be smart enough to hold off on our mail orders until the system is figured out. It seems that as more goes in, it is just getting more and more clogged up. I love this company, I love the story, I love the family and the fact that they have worked hard to make an American dream. I'm not giving up, just letting them take a deep breath and breathe...catch up and then run a whopping good DD and let the orders stream in and stream out....
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

• cv quilter
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

You know, I DO understand being busy due to growth, and maybe being overwhelmed...but I just cancelled an order...it wasn't like it was past due to be shipped...(only 3 items. 2 yardage cuts and a charm pack) but when I sent contact email after 3 days and didn't get response for 2 more days(thank you Dennis Day for at least responding) I decided I didn't need the items ordered. It's OK, trying to reduce my stash anyway.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

• BillNye
              Administrator
              The Guild President
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
              I decided not to place any orders when I heard It was a 2-3 week delay plus shipping time. I think that closing down the mail orders for 2-3 weeks makes sense so they can get caught up. If they don't want to close it down, then we as a group should be smart enough to hold off on our mail orders until the system is figured out. It seems that as more goes in, it is just getting more and more clogged up. I love this company, I love the story, I love the family and the fact that they have worked hard to make an American dream. I'm not giving up, just letting them take a deep breath and breathe...catch up and then run a whopping good DD and let the orders stream in and stream out....
              Where did you hear 2-3 weeks? We got behind on some, but 2-3 weeks would be really rare

Comment

• azmotogirl
                Batting Beauty
                • Oct 2017

Some of my orders have taken 5 weeks......

Comment

• midnightline
                  The Guild President
                  • Apr 2016

Well I sure hope you fix things. I would rather see MSQC get back on its feet than head into a spiral. While the recent issues are frustrating, both my mom and I have had good experiences in the past. We loved the retreat we went on, and my mom was impressed by the quilting job MSQC did on her quilt. I do hope you all get things worked out.

For now, I guess it's just as well. I need to be on a fabric diet after the holidays anyway.

Comment

• baskets4deb
                    The Guild President
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                    Where did you hear 2-3 weeks? We got behind on some, but 2-3 weeks would be really rare
                    It says it right on the Daily Deal page.
                    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

• JulieC
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2016

It's right where the button is to Continue Reading.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2014

It's interesting that "BillNye" doesn't know what it says on the website concerning shipping. Lack of communication?

Comment

• Suzette
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2012

I love MSQC and will continue to order from them, but I have seen many a company go downhill when growing too fast or trying to become too large. I hope that is not the case here.
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• cathym
                            Binding Belle
                            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
                            That’s what your website says or still said yesterday.You might look!

Comment

• Debbie Watters
                              Missouri Star
                              • Aug 2015

It's on there again today ...

Comment

• BillNye
                                Administrator
                                The Guild President
                                • Feb 2009

Haha, okay okay, it is on the daily deal page, I had a chat last night with Mike about it. I knew they had that on there during the switch over, I didn't know it was still there. Mike's goal with it was to manage expectations as he went along, we're not shipping three weeks behind right now, that'll come off this weekend. Sorry for not reading my own site before asking a question

I'm all smiles though, yesterday was a huge win in shipping, we almost doubled our record number of orders shipped, made some huge gains, and are picking up steam. It's a good day for our fearless freighters. I'll have more news after the weekend too

Comment

Working...
                                X