Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Seriously Disappointed in Order Handling

Reading this, my first thought is to ask you all to be patient and allow M* to work out their growing pain problems. This is too wonderful a company for us to inadvertently be a partner to bringing them down.
    Kandee, I also think that customer service issue was handled badly. At least you did get a refund, though. That's good.

I haven't ordered from them lately because I haven't really needed anything, and the daily specials have not been something that really grabbed me. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go peruse their sales items again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love M*. But, on a large Facebook group to which I belong, there have been complaints about the turnaround time with orders. It makes me think twice about ordering something I need.

Jeannette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjkaiser View Post
    Wow that is terrible customer service and certainly what I would NOT expect from Missouri Star! I don't blame you for being so upset. I haven't ordered from them since about November. It seems like since Thanksgiving everything I want has that band across the thumbnail photo of the item with those dreaded words, out of stock. Maybe they should stop expanding. Do you think they are getting too big for their britches?
    I have kind of wondered if they have grown too big too fast also.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Kandee-

I'm so sorry about this- it's absolutely the opposite of the experience that we are striving for. You deserve better from us. If you would email me at mike@missouriquiltco.com, I would appreciate getting the name of the customer service agent so that we can work on the attitude issues that you described. Also, I would like to look up your order and see what we can do.

Also, I appreciate the details that you shared about how your order was handled. Those details are a good example to help us fix some processes. I wanted to give you a couple of details about what happened though.

Our new system went in around early November. This has been years in the making, and overall, we still are confident that it will be a short term pain - long term gain, situation. That said, the number of issues that came up in the transition were more that we imagined, even though we prepared for over a year to have it be a smooth transition. We ended up with a whole bunch of orders where the details got mixed up in the system. So, even with the best tireless efforts of our shipping and cutting teams, many mistakes were made.

I know this detail doesn't make what happened with your order right, but I just want you to know that even though this was a terrible experience, we care more than ever about treating our customers right. In that spirit, again, please reach out to me and i will see what I can do.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering that if Kandee didn't bring this up on the forum, which a lot of members don't like to see because of loyalty to M*,how was she to get help? Does she ask for a different person or a supervisor? This does seem as one of the worse stories I've heard so far.

Lorie

6. Thanks auntstuff, grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it would be best to actually close the mail-order side for two weeks to a month and get it all squared away.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midnightline View Post
    My mom had a similar experience. She ordered enough precuts to qualify for a 10-yd of white fabric freebie they were doing (I think it was Cyber Monday?). Anyway, after over a month of waiting, she got an email saying that her order was unable to be filled and they would be refunding her money. No real explanation of why it took them over a month to figure out they couldn't ship her order, and no, she didn't get the promotional freebie she had qualified for either. They did give her the quilter's cash for the order, but still... She did call and talk to customer service, and all she got back was that the rep agreed that a month was a long time to wait.
    I know how your Mom feels, I also placed a big order in order to qualify for that 10 yard bolt. As I recall you had to spend at least $200. I too got the email saying that the order had been cancelled as they could not fulfill it. I was able to re-order most of the items and have found alternate suppliers for the items that were no longer available at MSQC. But I'm still disappointed about that 10 yard bolt of fabric! Oh well. I hope they get it all sorted soon as I really like shopping with them. I'd love to see a case study some day about what went wrong with their system implementation and what the lessons learned were.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    I wonder if it would be best to actually close the mail-order side for two weeks to a month and get it all squared away.
    We would literally have to fire 300 people if we did that

We kind of have to get it sorted or we all hit the road. Take heart, Mike (our CEO) replied above, and every day we are getting more orders out than the day before, that's what you want with a new system. We're getting there fast,

10. Thanks LLLinda thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I decided not to place any orders when I heard It was a 2-3 week delay plus shipping time. I think that closing down the mail orders for 2-3 weeks makes sense so they can get caught up. If they don't want to close it down, then we as a group should be smart enough to hold off on our mail orders until the system is figured out. It seems that as more goes in, it is just getting more and more clogged up. I love this company, I love the story, I love the family and the fact that they have worked hard to make an American dream. I'm not giving up, just letting them take a deep breath and breathe...catch up and then run a whopping good DD and let the orders stream in and stream out....

12. Thanks amartin24 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I DO understand being busy due to growth, and maybe being overwhelmed...but I just cancelled an order...it wasn't like it was past due to be shipped...(only 3 items. 2 yardage cuts and a charm pack) but when I sent contact email after 3 days and didn't get response for 2 more days(thank you Dennis Day for at least responding) I decided I didn't need the items ordered. It's OK, trying to reduce my stash anyway.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

14. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post