Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default tell us about the new system

Okay, I've waited long enough. I keep hearing about the shipping delays at M* and that they are trying to get the kinks out of the new system. What is the new system? Is it robotic, is it an assembly line.? It has been kinking for more than 2 months now. I am not ordering anything until I hear it is up and running because I don't want to be responsible for bogging down "the new system"
    Any clues?

2. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tell us about the new system

It might just be me but it seams the DD are items that don't require yardages, scissors, storybook, Cake Mix papers, more kits, etc. Might just be just a way of catching up on orders. I bought the E-cards when on sale but there has been nothing to purchase that I'm interested in. I do need more of the last yardage I ordered because it vanished before my eyes and only got 1 yard. Will have to go check on the status of that as I was advised it is shipped. The other thread complaint (not sure of name) only got a tape measure and not her jelly roll. It all makes me nervous to order anything.

EDIT: just checked my order. Great an item I had cancelled says it was shipped. Now I'm paying for something I don't need. I had ordered the calendar and then received one for Christmas so I contacted M* to please cancel the calendar as I tried to do it myself and it wouldn't allow me to cancel it myself. I received a confirmation that it was cancelled and I checked my order and yes it did say cancel. I don't understand. Sure I can send it back but paying for postage will probably be more then I paid for the calendar.
    Last edited by Georgie Girl; January 9th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

4. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to turn on M*, but I don't get it. I ordered the DD on 12/31/17, a jelly roll, and the small orange peel. It is still "processing." Since there was no yardage involved, I don't get it. Their old system seemed to be working, so why was it changed? Shouldn't someone have thought through the new system and all the possibilities of slowing down and possibly ruining their reputation due to the shipping problems? I still will order from them, but I will think long and hard before I do so again. I only ordered this last time because I couldn't find the jelly roll anywhere else (without it being considerable more). Hope this gets turned around soon ...

6. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Did it "crash and burn" as we used to say?

8. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I just had the idea to aks if there are any probloems known with processing orders. I did one 5 days ago and the status is still "processing". It seems they have abigger problem. I will be patient ... for the moment.

10. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I see it all so differently. I order from many places online - I hate going shopping anymore - too crowded, hate driving around finding a parking place, etc.

There have been issues will all the companies I order from. Customer Service for the most part for all have been pretty good. I do not order anything I need in a hurry. I order and forget about it. When it comes, great.

My experiences with Missouri Star have been amazing. Yes, there have been issues. I did not get an entire order because many of the items went out of stock before they could be shipped. They compensated me along with an explanation of what happened. It was a while after I ordered, but since I am not in a hurry for anything I was not watching for it. Over the years there were other small issues, all resolved very nicely. I feel very blessed to have met some of the Missouri Star family and love the forum, and love ordering from them as often as I can.

The experiences mentioned above do sound terrible. Please be sure to voice your concerns to them. I personally have found they always listen.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

12. Thanks Carlie Wolf, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Terry, tell us what the hay is going on... With all the brain power we have on the forum, maybe we can come up with an idea or two.

It is nuts to wait weeks for a DD anymore. Seems like that would be an easy pick up and package.

Seems like the 'we're working on it' excuse is running thin on the customer side. It's time to fix it, and stop with the excuses.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks grammaterry, Star lover, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have not ordered anything from M* in quite a long time. None of the DDs have been of interest to me. Haven't liked the fabrics, or whatever. I really am trying to "shop my stash" this year. But I agree, it would be nice to know what's going on at M* that orders are taking so long to be filled.

16. Thanks grammaterry, Stitches23, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    I have not ordered anything from M* in quite a long time. None of the DDs have been of interest to me. Haven't liked the fabrics, or whatever. I really am trying to "shop my stash" this year. But I agree, it would be nice to know what's going on at M* that orders are taking so long to be filled.
    I agree with you. When I discovered M* last year I couldn't control myself from buying and then decided I really needed to stop. Well it hasn't been hard to not purchase anything. The DD have not been very interesting or I don't need it or already have it. Seriously how many jelly rolls or cake layers do we need. I have flowers, seasonal, blue, camping, vegetables, soccer, fishing, etc. Or once you've purchased the rulers for the tutorials you want to do guess I now have enough rulers. A variety of cuts would be nice like fat quarters or yardage DD would be nice. I've been waiting for a DD that appeals to me as I have the last Block book to order and some yardage with my e-card but I just know as soon as I would order without the DD the next day will be the one I would like and then the extra postage. Who knows must be complaining Tuesday. At least the sun is out and has warmed up a bit.

18. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to know what is going on. I have never experienced any problems with any orders, overseas or domestic. They have always been correct and shipped in a timely manner. But with all the problems they are having now, I won't be ordering anything to have it shipped overseas for awhile. It is too expensive of a risk.

I hope they get things straightened out soon, before their customers start looking elsewhere.

20. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post