Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tell us about the new system

I’ve been very loyal to M* because through finding Jenny’s tutorials, I found quilting. And you just can’t pay back that kind wonderful addition to your lifestyle, but being a loyal customer has been how I’ve tried. Even before the news systems started I was disenchanted because it was taking a week or more before my orders shipped. And because of the newer, bigger problems I haven’t ordered since Oct. 27. I’m going to continue ordering elsewhere as I did for holiday themed items and notions. Right now I am buying for 2018 block of the month, and I chose a collection that is selling out fast everywhere. So I must order now, and I will, but not with M*. I sure hope you can resolve these processes and get it right. I feel bad for you all when I see so many negative reports in Facebook groups I belong to. And I’m sure you know that bad news travels much faster and farther than good news. You have to be losing a lot of business besides mine, but the difference is I will come back for sure.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for me good news! I placed an order 1 week ago today. It was just 1 cut of yardage. I couldn't wait, as I couldn't find the fabric anywhere. I just now got a notification that it has shipped. Well, the labels made, sometimes it takes a bit to actually get moving..... but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I noticed this am on th DD that the 2-3 weeks delay has been changed to 1-2 weeks. So things are looking up. But I still will give y'all some time so you're not loaded down......just yet! Thank you M*!!!!!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Like many others, I have not ordered anything recently for a number of reasons but the biggest one is because of the message that says there could be delays and we are working on it. It no longer holds water. What is the problem? What kinks need to be worked out? Are all orders delayed? or just the ones that need yardage cut? From the complaints here it sounds like most things are not working right.
    I know that M* has grown and grown fast. You buy things that you think will help the business but they don't. Support is needed here for the problems. Does the help come from within M* or from the companies that provided/sold things to them that aren't working?
    It is time to get it fixed, the business is suffering for it.

Sue (just my $.02 for the day)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Go back and read the othr posts from Bill Nye. I think this is almost over. He told us what has been happening and now we will see the fruits of their labor.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildernessquilter View Post
    Like many others, I have not ordered anything recently for a number of reasons but the biggest one is because of the message that says there could be delays and we are working on it. It no longer holds water. What is the problem? What kinks need to be worked out? Are all orders delayed? or just the ones that need yardage cut? From the complaints here it sounds like most things are not working right.
    I know that M* has grown and grown fast. You buy things that you think will help the business but they don't. Support is needed here for the problems. Does the help come from within M* or from the companies that provided/sold things to them that aren't working?
    It is time to get it fixed, the business is suffering for it.

Sue (just my $.02 for the day)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Hey all, happy to chat about this stuff.

We have a few new things this year. One is an automated shipping bit of hardware, some robots that weigh a package, put a label on, and push it out the door. That was a big win for us, as we ship a lot of packages, but took about two months of training on, and it's cooking along great now (it went in before the summer)

The other new system going in is an ERP system, pretty much it's the software that lets us do things like have 10 white charm packs in 14 different quilt shops and in the picking bin in the warehouse, and a big box of them in the back stock location in the warehouse, and another 10 on the way to us from Moda. It's a really complicated bit of software that has to integrate with our accounting systems, and payroll and website and so on.

So it was a big gnarly beast. It was supposed to go live in March to replace the home grown system I'd built over the course of years with our crack squad of developers. Our system we built was pretty good, but we'd lose an order now and then and had no idea, there were just to many cracks in the system to feel like we ever had it fully whipped. So we needed the upgrade and all the improvements it'd bring. We kept pushing it back from march because we never quite felt ready, but we needed it bad! We were overselling products, losing things, it was getting hairy.

So finally in November, we bit the bullet and jumped. We knew it'd be tough, but we felt we had to jump or we never would. As we dove in, we had a hiccup where we had about a weeks worth of work get mixed up (old system thought it had been done, in fact it had, but the new system didn't) - so we got about a week behind right out the gate, and that hurt, we had to skip our big black friday sale, and pretty much everything else while we tried to get caught up.

Today we're still a bit behind, a couple of days, we had to refund a bunch of orders that the old system had inventory on, but when the new one went live it didn't and those orders just hung there. It was kind of the bulge in the snake, once we got that big barrier processed, we're getting back to business as usual, but it was a dirty one.

So you've got us on the comeback right now, we're getting faster every single day. More orders will go out today than yesterday.

Also, we are obviously developing fabric cutting robots, but those take much longer to build, for now we are human driven. If anyone wants to move to Hamilton, we have like 20 openings right now, come on and help us! - http://bit.ly/2CYeDx6
    Al, thank you for the update, always nice tl know whats causing the issue. I work for a big, and the best, health insurance company and have lived/survied several migrations to new platforms. Despite pre-planning, millions of hours of meetkngs, etc. they never ever go smoothly. Feeling your pain and hoping you have the tiger by the tail soon!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al with Tiger.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	149347

Sorry, Tammy - I just couldn't help myself (even though we're in Missouri). In case you can't tell, that's AL with a Tiger by the Tail . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

7. Thanks tamsterg7, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to share my experience, 2 orders arrived yeaterday the 11h of Jan. One ordered Dec. 31 ( Sunday, day before holiday), the other on the 7th. Neither were fabric. I'm not displeased. All through this whole situation I've ordered precuts and notions and all came within a reasonable time. I know they can pull through this!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    I think you just got a freebie. If you got the confirmation it was cancelled, your money went back on your card, this is the new systems way of giving hugs?
    I really feel bad that this happened as it sounds like you guys are getting it all together. BUT I received my order yesterday and yes the calendar was in the order BUT the yardage I ordered was not. The package Slip does not list the yardage but it does list the calendar. In My Account the order says it was all shipped. If you didn't have the yardage (which I hope you get more cuz I really wanted 5 yards) I should have received a credit for the yardage. So I'm paying for something I did not want. Please help.