Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos

Good morning friends. I am on my tablet so no funnies today, sorry.

Up, showered and having coffee. This place will soon start coming alive. I assembled two quilt tops yesterday. These are two UFOs. One was the blocks from the prairie flower block swap and the other was embroidered butterfly blocks I was given partly embroidered. Now they are both quilt tops. Let's see how many I can do today.

Today might be a shopping day but I haven't decided if I will go or not. If I don't see I won't want it right?

I am having a wonderful time. Miss you all and sure wish you could all be here with me.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, grammaterry, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos

I don't have a funny toon, but here's something fun....

Attachment 149275

Mornin Monique, so good to hear from you. Sounds like you're having a great time! Wow, getting some UFOs done....bonus!
    Hope you're staying warm. We're having a warm spell before some more white stuff. Thursday were to get to 52', followed by 22' on Friday with that dreaded white stuff! My, strange weather!

I shoveled the 4" from yesterday and it felt like a foot. It was so wet and heavy! I came in and just sat for awhile, getting my breath, and sweating up a storm! Who'd a figure a body could get somised to freezeingute temps!

Today was to be a birthday celebration for my youngest son, but his wife is sick with the flu, so we won't be getting together. I'm sad. But I'll talk to him later. Seems like everyone is sick.....not me....yet!

Hope everyone has a great day. Safe safe, warm, healthy! Hugs to all.

4. Thanks grammaterry, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Good to see you here, Monique. I, too, am working on a UFO. I hope to get several done this year. I had time yest. for more FMQ. Making gradual progress.

We're supposed to get 63* today, so I'm going to change the bed & air the pillows outside. Rain & 30's are predicted for tomorrow.

I don't have more time now. I hope everyone has a good day.

6. Thanks Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, been up since 3am. Going to drive down to see my
    mother in law today. She has been put on Hospice. I pray she goes
    to see Jesus soon, as she is suffering. Meanwhile I have surgery scheduled
    for next week to remove a kidney stone. Don't think that is going to happen.
    Have to drive 4 hours in the pouring rain today. Sorry to vent, not a good day.

8. Thanks Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good hearing from you, Monique. Have yourself a great time!

Laura, so sorry to hear about your MIL. You sure are going through a rough patch.

I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have pneumonia. I came home with enough meds to choke a horse. I was up all night coughing and sneezing...miserable. I hope the meds kick in today so I can at least get some rest. Jeff is still off work sick for the second week. He's been to the doctor twice. This is not fun.

Wishing everyone a good day.....

10. Thanks Star lover, Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone,

Monique, I'm glad you're having a great time!
    Anita, happy it's warming up there - we hope to be in the 60's today. Foggy and rainy, but warmer.
    Laura, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Prayers & hugs to you.
    Barb, hope you & Jeff feel better soon.

Wishing everyone a good day!
    Cindy

12. Thanks Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

Monique, it sounds like you're having a great time! Enjoy your week.

Anita, be careful out there shoveling. Sorry that you won't be having that celebration, but glad you won't be exposed to the 'creeping crud' that's going around.

Joy, you're another one that stays so busy. You'll be hitting the temps we're going to have today. The fog is finally starting to lift here. Couldn't even see bridges behind the house this morning. lol, could barely see the bird feeders hanging on the porch!

Laura, prayers for your MIL. It's hard to watch knowing that they're suffering, but our experience with hospice was such a good one. I hope they'll be able to provide her comfort. Be safe in your travels.

Barb, I hope you and Jeff get better quickly. Pneumonia isn't something to mess with.

Yesterday, Nana and Nandy kept all three kids. J has a stomach bug today, so I guess the rounds of that will be going around again. Hopefully, that will miss our house! I'm still trying to kick this cold.

Stay healthy out there! Prayers for travel mercies and for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all
    Monique, glad you're having a good time, sounds like you've been quite productive!

Sun is shining, warming up,hope it melts off the coat of ice we got last night on the walkway and driveway. We are supposed to watch my daughter's dog for 5 days but it may not be possible as there is no where to walk him and our yard is not fenced to just let him out. Sidewalks here are piled up with snow and back yard just as bad. She made a reservation to board him just in case but we were hoping she wouldn't have to leave him there. We'll see how much melts before Friday.
    Off to do the household chores then maybe actually clean the sewing room instead of playing up there.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!

Barb, I'm sorry to hear you have pneumonia, but at least now it can be treated. No wonder you've been feeling so rough.

Laura, no fun having a kidney stone. Been there, done that. Thankfully, I was able to pass mine after a couple of rather miserable weeks. Prayers for your MIL.

I worked on the Pins and Paws quilt top yesterday. I was waiting for some more novelty fabrics to arrive, and they showed up in the mail from Etsy. There's one more piece I need to finish. It's a Harry Potter fabric from Ebay.....should be here today. It's been hard to find enough novelties to represent everything my DD's roommate likes or does, and I've had to repeat a few fabrics.

While browsing the internet yesterday, I came across the QOV site. I saw they're having a "block party" where you can make individual blocks and send them off. They're distributed to QOV groups across the country and assembled into quilts. There is a direction sheet you can download...the pattern is a friendship star. I'm thinking I'll make some when I need a break from other projects. I have quite a lot of patriotic fabric left from making my BIL a quilt honoring his Vietnam service.

Best wishes for a lovely day.
    Jeanne

18. Thanks grammaterry, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Laura, about that kidney stone. Go to a health food store and buy some liquid uva ursi and try that before surgery. When I was in the herb business, we had much success with that passing kidney stones pretty quick.

Pneumonia isn't fun either. REST REST REST.
    Joy, I'm so excited that its warm in Colorado. That means HOPE for me. I woke up to temps at almost 40. Highest we've seen since before Christmas.
    That QOV project sounds like a good one.
    Went to Asheville yesterday and got a few groceries and had lunch out. It was freezing rain and slick but good to be out of the house. DH took me to find the Tuesday morning that was posted yesterday but they had moved. It was nice that he tried to find something more interesting for me than Lowes or Tractor Supply.
    I came home and sewed for a couple of hours. THe double wedding ring is going slow.
    Anyone doing DNA testing? Is it uncovering any cans of worms?