Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Morning Hellos

Good Morning Everyone,

I guess I'll get us started this morning since Monique is away...have a great time, Monique!

Jeff and I are down with the crud that's going around. Jeff saw the doctor Friday and he has been on meds since then and has gotten progressively worse. He will probably take a few days off from work again this week.

I got quite sick Saturday. I will take myself to Urgent Care this morning if my doctor can't squeeze me in. Even my nebulizer and inhalers haven't helped one bit. Yep, we're as sick as two old dogs.

I'm trying to sew the Hourglass blocks together but it's slow going. I'm in love with the cordless iron I got for Christmas. My next quilt will be a Take Flight quilt....lots of flying geese.

I hope everyone is warm, healthy and safe. Wishing you all a great day....

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Morning Hellos

Oh Barb, so sad that both you and Jeff are down with the crud! No fun. I'll be praying for the both of you to get better sooner than later. Happy you're enjoying your new iron. I used to hate flying geese, now I really like them. I won't say love them....well, the making of them. I do love the look of them! After I make them more, I'll probably love them. I still won't hold my breath.

I too hope Monique has a great time!

Finally made it over 20' yesterday, but with the wind howling like it was, we never felt it. I shivered all day! Today, lots of white stuff. Over 3" now, with more on the way today. Funny, they're saying we'll hit 35' today! Since they are so often wrong, I won't hold my breath!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Take care all, hugs to everyone! Have a great day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Barb. So sorry you and your hubby are so sick. Hope you start feeling better soon.

It's warmer today. It up to 19*. We are expecting some yukky weather later this afternoon. Then after that, we are supposed to warm up during the week. I spent the weekend indoors except for the occasional quick trip outside to do a bit of shoveling or move my car so that hubby to get his car out of the driveway. I was able to spend a bunch of time organizing the sewing room and upstairs spare bedroom (which used to be my sewing room). I still had a lot of things in there that needed to be gone through and a home found for in my new sewing room. I am making progress.

But alas, I must go to work today so that will be it for the organizing until next weekend. Have a good day all. Make the most of this Monday.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Feels like heatwave here its 17 degrees compared to yesterday this time -7. Hoping Monique has fun at her retreat. Barb sorry you and Jeff have the crud. Not much sewing going on as its cold in the sewing room. We have a dusting to an inch of white stuff coming this afternoon...so they say. My ring should reach destination Brooklyn today for repairs. Fabric for hubbys pj top should arrive today. Work for me. Stay warm and safe all, hugs those that need them. Have a good day.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning....Barb, I hope you and Jeff are better real soon. The crud is going around here too. DH and I went out for lunch and then to the grocery yesterday. I'm hoping we didn't catch a bug. It's warmer here too with possible freezing rain this morning. This afternoon is the first guild sit-n-sew since before Christmas. I've not done any sewing at all during the time off. Seems like I can't get back in the groove....I'm hoping today will help that.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Thanks for getting us started this morning Barb, hope Monique has fun at her retreat, but sorry to hear you're both so sick.

Temps should be rising this week, fingers crossed! So tired of this cold weather.

Worked a bit more on my applique block of the month. Have all the pieces cut and fused to the Wonder Under. Have a few more of the background pieces to be sewn together and then I can get started on those blocks. I have three blocks put together. I'm going to get them all put together then do all the machine applique on them.

Not much else new with me, no plans for leaving the house again today. Hope everyone is staying warm and we'll all see those warmer temps they say are coming!
    Last edited by Cathy F; January 8th, 2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Oh Barb, so sorry you & Jeff are sick. They've been talking on the news about how bad the flu is this year. I hope you both feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.

I ended up not doing one bit of sewing yest. Just took the day off, went to church, worked on my Bible study lesson in the afternoon, read a good book, & took it easy. Weather wise, yest. it was sunny & nice. It got up to 55*. We're supposed to see 60 here in a day or so. It will be good weather to air the pillows outside when I change the bed. It's 26* this a.m.

I got an e-m from Amazon that my iron & other items finally have shipped. I don't have prime, so it takes longer for the free shipping orders. I really don't place enough orders to make prime worthwhile.

Have a good day!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that both you and hubby are feeling better soon. Sometimes time and rest, chicken soup and good meds are what will get you through this. It can be nasty. My mom's residence has been closed to usual visitors and all actvities cancelled. She is ok, but finds the time extremely long. Get better.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb, you really sound sick, I hope you can get into dr. soon. There has been a lot of people being sick here.
    I hope Monique has a great time at her retreat, I would think all the other people there would enjoy her so much, I love her since of humor.
    We are suppose to be getting warmer weather this week also. I do not like the cold weather.
    Everyone have a great day, and all get well soon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Well, it's Monday and we were planning to pick up the two youngest so Nana and Nandy could have school with J. She called, the two we're supposed to get are lethargic and not eating, so she's keeping all three. It's their first day back after three weeks with their parents being around all the time. Time to get them back into the swing of things little steps at the time. Suits me fine, my head is still so full of junk, I'd just soon go back to bed.

The cardinals are back at the feeder. They always chirp to each other when they're around. Pappa stands on the railing keeping an eye out, Mamma keeps pecking away at the brick feeder. I really don't get why they don't like the other feeder. It was always well visited at the other house. Here, it's ignored.

Laundry is on the agenda today, maybe a nap.

Have a great day everyone.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou