Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Morning Hellos

It was so warm in the house this morning I almost thought I wouldn't build a fire. Then I went outside to restock the woodpile and realized it was 28 degrees and this heat wave was just a matter of relativity However, it is suppose to get up in the high 40's today and 50 tomorrow so its coming. I built the fire.
    Double wedding ring is 1/3 pieced. It was exciting to see the rings going together. I might have gotten it closer to done but the sun was out and I decided washing windows and making fried pies was a better use of my time yesterday.
    I will need to go into the grocer sometime this week but I'm thinking maybe Wednesday would be something to look forward to.
    We moved a bed from the house down to a cabin last week and I need to go put a plastic cover on the mattress so the mice don't have a picnic. Other than that...my day is not planned.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, do take care of yourself. This is serious stuff going around. I'm almost afraid to go out of the house but things have to get done. I heard on our local news the ER is packed with sick people. I have blood work coming up and think I will cancel it for a while. Doctors office no place to be unless you are sick. I'll be wearing my mask and people can stare if they want. I had the flu last year and went to Urgent Care, was put on antibiotics and felt better in couple days.
    Amazing how you continue to do your work being so sick. Me, I'd be having a pity party. Hang in there.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Barb, so sorry to hear you and Jeff are so unwell. The Aussie flu is rampant over here, nearly every town has reported cases and it's a real bad one!!

Have been on grandparents duties Friday and today as DGS has a strep throat, is coming to us tomorrow too! It was a good thing that I got his quilt finished in time for Christmas as he has spent most of the time at home wrapped up in it!!

I managed some time in my sewing room today but instead of working on my UFO #3, I cut pieces for the 2017 temperature quilt all 365 of them along with a few extras for the key. Probably won't get back in there until Wednesday then after some 'talking to' I'll knuckle down to finishing that quilt!

Hope everyone has a good day and best wishes for those in need xx