Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning and Brrrrrrr

Good morning everyone. It was 8* when I got up this morning with a wind chill of -11. Definitely going to be a day to stay home. I'm going to put a pot of chili on for dinner. DS#4 is coming up from Georgia for a visit on Tuesday. Thankfully it will be warmer by then.

I guess today will be a good day to start taking the Christmas decorations down. That part always makes me a little blue. But planning for Tim's visit will keep my spirits up for sure.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday. Be safe and warm.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good morning and Brrrrrrr

Good morning Ginny and all who'll follow. Really cold here. -1 right now, with a high of 10' today. The sun is shining, so I'm happy. If it's gotta be cold, let there be sun! We're to see 20' tomorrow......wow, I can't remember when the last time when it was 20 or higher!

Ginny, chili sounds soooo good. But we had it earlier this week and DH doesn't like things to be too close together. When it's like this, I could eat chili for days!

So a good day to stay indoors! Hope everyone stays warm and safe! Hugs.....cold hugs, but hugs!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a little chilly.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	149226

I'm a big chili!! Deep freeze until tomorrow and then it gets warmer. I am making some soup right now but I will have to have a nap later, I was up at 4am. But by then I had 8 hours sleep.

Work was busy enough yesterday but glad it's over. Over at the cold post office, it seems pipes burst. I am not sure how that happened with the water turned off but I am so glad I wasn't there.

Today I will continue to get ready for retreat. I leave Monday morning.

Have a great day everyone, stay WARM!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

It's too cold for me! I don't know how you all do it!

Just sitting here watching the cardinals devouring the brick in the feeder. I don't know why but they don't like the wooden feeder at all. We'll have to dump the seed out of it again. I'm tempted to just buy another brick feeder to go on the other pole. DH says they'll come just wait.

My cold seems to be hanging on for dear life. Hopefully by Monday, we'll be back on our normal schedule so I can keep up with the days of the week!

I worked on hexies yesterday. Got another 50 prepped and in the box. I'll start working on the next set started today. I can see the bottom of the box, anyway.

Chili sounds really good! I may start a pot a little later.

Hopefully things in the neighborhood calm down. I feel for the woman that lost her life in the fire yesterday. It was contained to her bedroom. It makes you wonder what on earth happened. Her husband tried to get in, but the smoke was too dense and it was too hot. The were still investigating last night when the 11 pm news came on.

Have a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina there seem to be a lot of fires lately. I heard on our news that last year we had 4 fires in Asheville and already this year 8.
    We already did the chili thing this week and the beans, and the soup. Its hard to fin something different to make. I may find a deer roast today, that's always comfort food.
    Sewed more double wedding ring pieces yesterday. I now need to cut out 60 more "b " pieces. Then I will be ready to put the last piece on the square and then I can put them together. Now, I'm just hoping after all these hours they will fit together well.
    New guy said maybe 50 next week. He may just be trying to keep our depressions at bay. lol.
    The sun is really shining thru the window today and it looks so very happy out there. I went out to get some wood and it doesn't feel so brutally cold today.
    I'm figuring DH may be about cabin fevered out after being in the house for 6 days. Maybe he will want to go into town today just for the fun of it. I'd be willing to travel along with him. DOn't know if we can leave the house unattended that long though with the wood stove burning. That may be why there are so many house fires.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

It will be warming up in NW Minnesota today and tomorrow!! The wind is blowing from the south, 20-30 mph, so tomorrow is supposed to be 29 ABOVE zero.....yaaaay! Such an improvement from -24.

I've been working on a Pins and Paws quilt for my DD's roommate. It's very scrappy looking because I'm using novelty fabrics that represent things she likes to do, hobbies, work, travel, etc. The background is yellow for some, and gray for others. I ran out of the gray, so will have to make a stop at JoAnns to pick up more. I work there part-time, but I'll be off until the 13th. It slows down after New Year's, so employee hours get cut. That makes it hard to provide good customer service, but corporate is all about the $$$. Very frustrating at times.

Time for a second cup of coffee :-)
    Jeanne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ I didn't have time to chat when I was here earlier. DH's salads are made for the next 2 days, the hard boiled eggs just got done & are cooling in the sink. I have a few min. before time to jump in the tub.

Yest. a.m. I cooked up the Anasazi beans. From 11 a.m. to 1:30 I watched the live coverage of the funeral for Zack Parrish, the 29 y.o. Douglas Co. deputy who was killed in the line of duty a few days ago. The 5,000 seat church was filled to capacity, with overflow in another room. Who knows how many people watched it on TV. The governor & other dignitaries were there. It was a wonderful service (as funerals go) and such a tribute to a man who felt a passion for his job, loved his family, and most importantly, was a man of faith & integrity and lived his life to honor Jesus Christ.

In the afternoon DS#1 called from MD. It's very cold there; the cold has hung on for several days, which is unusual. It's always good to have a chat with him.

I had only 45 min. for FMQ yest. eve. I'm pleased with how the quilting pattern looks. It's one of Tracey Russell's all-over designs. (APQS Ontario, whirls n swirls on YouTube -- she has posted hundreds of short FMQ videos) It's a combination of 3 echoed feathers, leaves, & swirls. I'm waiting for my M-bobbin order to come. Right now I have only the 1 bobbin I can devote to this thread color, so I have to stop after each empty bobbin to re-wind.

I don't have any specific plans for the day. Hope to do more FMQ, maybe run the vacuum, & clean the bathroom.

Terry, it was 52 deg. here yest. There is a 60 deg. day in the forecast, so maybe you'll be warming up in a few days.

10. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all.

I am tired of the cold. Even though I'm in a nice warm house I haven't felt like I could get warm for the last few days.

I decided to make chili last night. When the hamburger started cooking it smelled really off. I had to take the dutch oven outside & put it on the picnic table. It was 9 degrees but I opened the front & back doors & put a fan in each one to get rid of the smell. We ended up going to the diner & having BBQ sandwiches.

I have to clean the closet in my sewing room today. There's so much other stuff in there that I can't find anything and it's driving me nuts. Not sure were the other things will go though.

DH is working only a half day so hopefully he'll get some of his honey do list done.

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's 5 degrees here in MA with wind gusts making it feel like -10. One more day of this then it warms up to the 30's. I'm making 9 patches for the king size Irish Chain....I've done so many I've lost count. I'm using Country Manor - navy Jacobean flowers as the print and Kona nightfall for the background. Now it almost looks like the quilt is going to be too dark. Oh well, there's no turning back.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

For fun I just keep checking the extended weather forecasts . It keeps me excited in anticipation. Yes I see 4 dates that say 55 to 58 in our semi new future. Like really.....that's open the windows kinda days. I just have to struggle through today and then life gets better.

Amazon says that tomorrow my Fractured Frenzy book (I think that's it's name) will come tomorrow. Other then future weather, that's another excitement for me. Also Carlie's nice new sharp toenail cutters are coming today. So she won't be talking to me by tomorrow.

Speaking of Carlie, I'm not sure what is going on with her. For some reason with this bitter cold weather she ironically is getting around better. I haven't seen her having trouble getting up and down or walking for over a week now. She seems to want to spend more time outside and likes laying there watching the world go by. I still don't leave her out there more than 5 minutes. I'm wondering if the bitter cold is numbing her feet and she feels less pain there. Well she was born in Canada so maybe it's nostalgia.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique