Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just for fun-quilt police

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I'm thinking the QP is petite, slim, frosted helmet hair (hurricane force winds could not move), reeking of perfume, glasses on the end of her nose, and pursed lips.....as she shakes her head disapprovingly at the "substandard" (in her mind) quilt fiasco in front of her. In one hand she is holding a clip board & pen to mark down our infractions. In her other hand she carries a walkie talkie to "radio" for backup when needed in extreme cases.......such as ..........Katrina using the "wrong" brand of cutting mat.

That was fun!
    My DIL bought the same kind of mat. She makes paper cards and stuff. Anyway, I told her about the 'quilt police' and to be careful with that mat as it apparently EATS rotary blades for breakfast. She mainly uses it to measure paper and uses her exacto knife on it. I'm sure it won't be harmed by hot glue, or rubber cement.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A slim, tall lady with short curly grey hair who is wearing a black turtleneck under her denim mid-calf bib dress with white anklets and black high top tennis shoes. Her head is tilted back so she can see through the bottom of her bifocals. She has a tape measure, magnifying glass and pairof tweezers hanging from a wristband. In her white gloved hands she is holding a steno book and a mini camera dangling from her other wrist.

Oh, that's not imaginary! That's actually a judge I saw at the last quilt show I attended.

3. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    A hefty, well endowed gal with blue hair and a wild flower-print dress, with "sensible" shoes.
    Add the Ben Franklin cheater glasses on a faux pearl chain, and kleenex tucked in her blouse cuff, and we're in agreement.

5. Thanks Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say my picture would be the same as Judy's, except I never saw this person.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My image of quilt police, is one of those bobble head ornaments with a head (and finger) on a spring, only this one goes from side to side tutting all the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	149224

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	149225
    Christine.

8. Thanks LindaKay75, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Just encountered a Knitting Police Officer recently. Sniff, she would never knit one of those. Ah, I enjoy knitting them. They are useful and attractive. People that I know like getting them for gifts. Guess I won't bother to gift her one anytime soon!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Our imagination is running wild here. We are "wild and crazy " girls!!! Those judges on that patchwork quilt competition show seem kinda like quilt police.

11. Thanks Carolnnc, Star lover thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine a semi-circle of 3 or 4 middle aged women looking with raised eyebrows while staring at my quilt. All they said is, "No Comment". Since they all learned to quilt as children they think others just never really learned how to quilt .

Name:	QP1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	149230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QP2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	149231
    Last edited by MissMay; January 6th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

13. Thanks pcbatiks, LindaKay75, Carolnnc thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I was in class one time and the instructor ridiculed me for doing something that in her book was a NONO. She said 'oh you never do it that way'. My reply, why not, my mother did it for years that way and it worked for her and it now works for me, and what was good for my mom is good for me. So I continued on to finish the class and needless to say I didn't go back. I know she meant well but my thought is I want to stick to my own way of doing things that works for me.
    Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I met the quilt policelady, she was teaching a beginner quilting class at LQS while I was taking a different class in the same classroom. Now this usually works out pretty good but the Police Lady came over to our side of the classroom and walked around criticizing our class on any and everything that we were doing. She was short on the heavy side, with glasses, white hair, tape measure around neck and a scary voice that carried. I'll never take a class from her. Our instructor wasn't intimidated, she politely asked her to tend to her own beginners.

16. Thanks pcbatiks, LindaKay75 thanked for this post