Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default ATTENTION PLEASE: It's Friday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quilts11.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	149214

Good morning friends. We are in another deep freeze but this one won't last very long. I have to work today and will take the little baby quilt I am hand quilting. That will keep me busy today. I am not at the cold post office so you know.

Well lo and behold I found the quilt top I was looking for. It was a Jacob's ladder block swap from a long time ago. It needs borders. I found another UFO, it is a scrappy quilt using the 6" scrap crazy templates. It needed more borders to make it wider, so I got that finished. I have my projects packed for retreat next week. I will get pictures later.

I am not sure what the weekend holds. Right now I just don't want to go outside because it is too cold.

So that's it my friends. Have a wonderful day. I hope all of you, who were in the storm's path, are okay.

Have an awesome day and an even more awesome weekend.

P/S I will need someone to take over the daily threads next week in my absence. I will be checking in when I can.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks NanaMaggie, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ATTENTION PLEASE: It's Friday

Good Morning Monique and Everyone,

We are getting ready to take Jeff for his doctor appointment in Houston. It will likely be a long morning. It's also bitter cold again this morning, but we will be making our trip in the truck.

We are unsure whether we will be going to the apartments this weekend. No one wants to move in this weather, so our vacancies can sit and wait as far as I'm concerned. I'm praying that the water pipes don't burst in any of our apartments.

The new tutorial is really different....I may make a few changes and give it a try.

I will check in later....time for me to get ready to go.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday.

4. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday! And boy it's a cold one here. Brrrrr. The snow finally stopped late yesterday afternoon and I don't know how much the official totals were but I do know that we got a lot more than the initial 3-6" forecast. LOL

I have to share an amazing thing that happened to us yesterday. We had a family that lived on our block with 4 boys. As the boys got old enough (and we got older), their dad along with the boys would help shovel/snow blow our driveway and sidewalk and also a couple other of our neighbors driveways whenever we had a snowstorm. Well they moved this past summer. Yesterday as we were shoveling, we saw a car come down the street and park in our neighbors driveway. I didn't really pay attention to who it was but then we heard someone yell "Charlie, Ginny, go inside! We'll do it." Well lo and behold, it was Keith and one of his twin sons, Scott. The next thing we know, Scott is digging out our driveway and Keith is across the street shoveling out our neighbor Joe's. Of course, we didn't let them do it all by themselves. We stayed out there and helped but it sure did cut our shoveling time down considerably. And that young man does a great job of it too. It touched my heart that they would still think of coming to help us.

I did get some time in my sewing room yesterday and I now only have the binding to sew down on the wallhanging that I'm working on for a friend's granddaughter. But I was so tired and sore I didn't even have the energy to sew it down. LOL I am moving a bit slowly this morning. My muscles are pretty stiff.

Keep warm everyone. Have a wonderful Friday.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks sewbizzy, TMP, grammaterry, Claire Hallman, pcbatiks, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, no one needs quilt counseling ...... ! Right!

Below 0 here and a high of 7.....burrrrr, too cold for me, but have no choice. Hoping to sew more today. Just hate all the layers of cloths to stay warm.

Monique, so happy you found your quilt......and another to boot! If that's all the UFOs you got, you're doin good. I guess I need to figure out how many I have.......I think I have enough fingers to count.....

I hope you have a fantastic time at your retreat....and stay warm!

Hope everyone survived the big one and are safe and warm. Hugs to all.....have a great day.....well as good as ya can!

8. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique have fun zt the retreat. It is 4 degrees here this morning but wind chill making it feel 12 below. Put a new zipper in hubbys work coat yesterday. That was all. Too cold to be in the sewing room, it is the end room so 3 sides are outside walls. Got a new battery for my car Tues, so thats taken care of. Contacted the company mt birthstone ring came from and they can put a new one in, clean and polish it for a great price. Shipping that off today. Luckily they are in Brooklyn so turn around time should be quick. That juzt leaves laptop replacement and will be a couple months.
    Hope everyone has a good day and stay warm.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

10. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have warmer weather here now , it is 14' out and we don't have the snow the rest of you are having, I am glad for me but sorry for all of you. I don't like winter, and I can't imagine what Monique weather is like, I am so glad she didn't have to use her broom handle today! I didn't get to sew yesterday, I am planning on sewing this afternoon.
    I sure enjoy all of your threads every day.
    Have a good day! And stay warm !!

12. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I really love that quilt counseling cartoon Monique. That one might have to go on my fridge. What is it that drives us to confess these mistakes? You have to laugh when you think about it. Well it was 7 deg F this morning here along Lake Erie, with the wind chill of -21. Like every other morning recently I am so glad my son sold me on trying Smartwool garments. I am socks to hat in Smartwool, with long underwear inbetween today, and boy was it necessary. Toasty warm except for my face, and I was glad even the dog was ready to turn around and head back home after about a 3 block walk. When he doesn't want to go home he stops and gazes off into the distance as if to tell me that he is a pioneer, darn it, and untapped territory is thataway! None of that this frigid morning! And tomorrow and Saturday will be worse and worser I hear! Great day to make a pot of minestrone, and glad I have everything I need for that. I'll also bake some peasant bread, so that will help the house stay warm as well as smell great! I have stitching to do, so I guess i should get to it.

14. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

Monique, I think we're all guilty of pointing out our imperfections. I've quit looking for them. The quilt on the bed right now, is one that gave me a lot of trouble. I've looked the back, DH's looked the back, and DS#2 has looked the back and there are still strings that need trimming.

Anyway, I was in bed sleeping and felt my toe catching on strings. My cold filled brain was going strings on the quilt, but I was between the sheets. The bottom sheet had pulled apart. How does that happen? Those sheets weren't that old. So after the 11 o'clock news we were changing sheets! I think I'm going to keep the top sheet and use it for practice FMQ squares.

The only thing I did is my sewing room yesterday was to look at the little snowflake that I started. It's sandwiched, I just didn't feel like touching it. Maybe later, or tomorrow.

Everyone in the path of that massive storm, stay warm and safe. It's bad enough to have a hurricane, but a hurricane/ snow event, that's totally the pits!

Prayers for those in need.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The bitterly cold wind is coming from the west this morning. I drove hubby in to work so I can go to work. It is close to -40C with the wind this morning and that makes us even, -40F for you folks in the US. Bundle up and stay warm.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

18. Thanks Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, here in SE TX, we are warming up today, which is good. I don't like the cold. Barb, I hope Jeff is on the mend soon. I am trying to finish the binding on a quilt for me today, then I can start on 3 different baby quilts I need to get done. Have several errands to run today. I noticed that my mortgage company sent my tax document online, wish they would just mail it. Oh well, I'll print it off so I can have everything in one place. It'seems time to get out of bed, so stay warm and have a great day.

20. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy thanked for this post