Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grocery Bag

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grocery Bag

Your bag turned out great. Did you put the elastic loop on it? I watched the tutorial a while back and I think I will be making some of these soon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyBarb View Post
    This fabric is a heavier fabric. It was something that my Nana had bought many years ago. The sticker on it was .88 cents a yard.
    Attachment 149209
    Wow, that fabric has been around almost as long as me. I remember my Mother taking us shopping at "Grants" a.k.a
    WT Grant Co. Back then, in our little town, you would have thought Mom was taking us shopping at Bloomingdales.

The Grants Co. went bankrupt back in the 1970s and the stores were either sold to other companis or closed down altogether.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    Wow, that fabric has been around almost as long as me. I remember my Mother taking us shopping at "Grants" a.k.a
    WT Grant Co. Back then, in our little town, you would have thought Mom was taking us shopping at Bloomingdales.

The Grants Co. went bankrupt back in the 1970s and the stores were either sold to other companis or closed down altogether.
    Loved Grants. There was one right next door to our A&P store. Every Friday my girlfriend and I would load our 2 little boys in the car and head out to do our grocery shopping at A&P and then we would take the boys to lunch Grants.....after which we did some more shopping. Was really sorry to see it close.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Your bag turned out great. Did you put the elastic loop on it? I watched the tutorial a while back and I think I will be making some of these soon.
    I didn't put the loop on it.
    Barbara