Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's the 1st Thursday of the New Year

The wind is howling, the porch temp says 10, so its pretty darn cold. There is a dusting of something that looks like a mixture of snow or ice, the ponds and the pool are frozen solid. Days and days and days of cold predicted. Nothing new about that but I hear its worse east of us. I mean 3-6 inches at North and South Carolina beaches...whoa
    Anyway, worked on the double wedding ring yesterday. Got the A pieces attached to all the B pieces. Today I will work on the C and D pieces. I think they have to be done at the same time. I'm glad I began a project or I would be really having cabin fever.
    The "toon" is just too close to home with me having a 32 year old McCaw in the house. She is feeling pretty cooped up. Sometimes she comes up with the darnedest things. She can't say S's or J's. Lately when DH and I are having a conversation, (we don't verbalize much....nothing new happening around here to talk about) anyway, she says something hard and angry but we can't understand what she is saying. We figured it out ...she is saying UTUP!
    I'm tired of figuring out what we will have for dinner. I'm still using food from the Restaurant freezers and try to rotate the kind of food we have. Its hard trying to make homemade food from some of that stuff. Seems like food would be food but the serving sizes are all wrong.
    Finally washed my hair this morning after 10 days. Its so cold trying to get it dry in this cold weather but it had to be done, so I'm off to sit by the wood stove and try to get it dry

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

-12 this morning and had to go grocery shopping and then had to use some coupons for Shopko. Always get my laundry detergent and fabric softener when I get their coupons. So we braved the weather and got everything. Now I am taking a break. Working on a mug rug for and exchange on another site. First time to do something like this. But now is the time, now that I have retired. Keep warm!!

4. Thanks SallyO'Sews, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Broom handles have many uses.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a blizzard here. We went out to eat last night and stopped at the store. The shelves were wiped out! Others listed on Facebook about the other local grocery stores with the same conditions. You'd think we were going to get snowed in for weeks. They're predicting 12-24 inches. Glad we have heat and can stay home.
    Vernona

8. Thanks Monique, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I woke up this morning to the phone ringing.....it was 8:15.....I'm usually awake before then. It was DH calling to let me know the plumber/furnace guy was on his way! Good grief! We've had a plugged kitchen sink for a few days, plus, the furnace has been shutting down at random times; not a good thing when we've been in the -0's for the last week. Furnace is 40+ years old; a new one is on the list for this summer, but we need to limp through the rest of this winter. The new one will be natural gas, and it requires digging in the backyard to connect to the main line. Not happening now!

Anyway, sink is now running free, and the furnace is working....for now.

Stay warm everyone.
    Jeanne

10. Thanks Monique, SallyO'Sews, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's 26 here in MA and we're in the midst of a blizzard. There were reports of 87 mph wind gusts on the southern shore of Rhode Island, where our DD lives. With all the blowing it's hard to tell how much snow we've gotten, but there are definitely 2 ft drifts out back and it's still coming down. We too went to the grocery store last night and most of the fruits, veggies and meats were sold out. I couldn't even find a single package of ground beef.
    Hubs is home as it's his usual day off, so we're happy to stay put. Dinner is in the crockpot and I'm in my toasty sewing room working on piecing the Irish chain. Stay warm folks!

12. Thanks Monique, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We lost cable and internet for a few hours so that's why I'm posting so late. News announced that our county in Jersey (Monmouth) is under Emergency Conditions like most of New York. Don't know if the high winds have arrived as visability is quite poor as it's been foggy and now turning dark. Just been puttering around the house and now it's time to get some dinner cooking. Please stay indoors and warm and we'll see in the morning if it's safe to go outdoors.

14. Thanks Monique, SallyO'Sews thanked for this post