Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jumping On The Organizing Band Wagon!

Barb, inspired me to get going on re-organizing my stash. I added my ziploc bags of scraps, sorted by color, into my boxes of yardage fabrics. So hopefully that will work better for me. All similar color fabrics will be together. Here's a couple of pictures to show my fabric storage. The boxes are stored in a closet in my sewing area.

I went through a box of assorted fabric stuff and found a bag with teeny, tiny scraps from a previous quilt project. I had to laugh and told myself that I can't be the only one who has done this............can I ?? I threw out the tiny bits and kept a few better pieces for random crazy quilt blocks.

So.......I hope Barb & me aren't the only ones on this organizing wagon! So who else is with us? Please share pictures and stories of your progress!

Here are first pictures. I will post a few more as I good through things!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1013483.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	149096 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1013484.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	149097
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

2. Thanks tamsterg7, TMP, grammaterry, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jumping On The Organizing Band Wagon!

I would love to be in that boat!
    I guess I am, kind of. Instead of my fabric stash though, I'm cleaning, decluttering, and painting the inside of the house. I have made it through the living, dining, entry and hall ways. I have the family photos left to clean and rehang from that. Next up is the kitchen and the two bathrooms. If I can swing it, the master bedroom too.
    Once I complete that, then perhaps I dig back into the sewing room!
    Good luck to all of you who are working on this!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

4. Thanks tamsterg7, pcbatiks, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That looks awesome! I'm decluttering my house too. I gave a bunch of Christmas stuff away and did the kitchen today. Fabric will come soon!

Lorie

6. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great Its too cold in my sewing room to go out there let alone organize. So I brought a sewing machine into my kitchen and am piecing . Looks like it will be at least another week of this icy cold weather

8. Thanks toggpine, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh look at all the pretty fabrics. Don't you just love getting everything organized again.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on organizing my sewing room also. I've cleaned, dusted and picked things up.

I've organized all my ribbon. I took the ribbon off all the round cardboard things they come on and put it around 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch cardboard, it takes up much less room this way.

Last year I got a Silhouette and have accumulated a lot of vinyl and other stuff, I got that all organized, well sort of...I need to find a cabinet and a place to put the cabinet!

Now I'm working on my stash. So far I'm cutting 2 1/2 inch squares and strips. Everything else I'm leaving as big as I can. I'm folding it by a method I saw a while back. She folds it a certain way then folds it around a ruler so all the pieces are the same size. She then secured the fabric with a couple bobby pins. Hopefully, it works out like I'm envisioning. I worked all morning and haven't even put a dent in it...I think it will take me a while!

12. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cathy, it doesn't have to be sewing organization. The work you are doing is much more difficult. I'm always impressed with all the things you accomplish.

Lori, it will be worth it when you have all your fabrics like you want them.

My biggest challenge will be getting paper work sorted and under control.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled out all my holiday fabric and I'm sorting it. I have to get the tree down and the house clean then I'm going to tackle my mess. I have no idea what I have.

Your fabric looks so nice and neat. Zip lock bags are the best . How did we ever live without them.
    Last edited by TMP; January 1st, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

15. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have too big of a stash so it isn't a very big mess even when I have been pawing through it looking for stuff. But I love how yours looks all neat and organized. There's something just so nice about seeing all those pretty colors next to each other. I have shoeboxes and shoeboxes full of loose photographs that I hope to get organized before I die!

17. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Cathy, it doesn't have to be sewing organization. The work you are doing is much more difficult. I'm always impressed with all the things you accomplish.

Lori, it will be worth it when you have all your fabrics like you want them.

My biggest challenge will be getting paper work sorted and under control.
    It wouldn't be so difficult if I had done it sooner!
    As far as getting stuff done - I am flummoxed as to how quickly some of these folks can put together a quilt!

I do agree, once your work space (which ever space that is) is organized to your liking, it makes working in there much easier.

Ugh Pam! Paperwork is the bane of our existence. Good luck to you on THAT task!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

19. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post