• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juliet Taylor
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2014

Did you receive Christmas gifts that are quilting related? I did <3

Hi everyone!
    This morning I'm enjoying browsing thru The New Hexagon book by Katja Marek. A friend of mine got it for me for Christmas. I've been wanting this book forever! I am so thrilled and happy, cannot wait to start using it!

Have you received something for Christmas that you will enjoy in your quilting fun? Share!

newhex.jpg

The ruler is something I bought for myself so squaring up blocks will finally be easier with a big ruler!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps
  • Cokie
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2016

Re: Did you receive Christmas gifts that are quilting related? I did &lt;3

No, but I used my Christmas money to purchase a couple of M* gift cards to use toward quilting. Enjoy your new book. Can't wait to see what you make!

Comment

• Cyndie
      Quilting Guru
      • May 2014

I'm getting a light box from my daughter. We just haven't ordered it yet on Amazon! I bought the hexagon book for myself this past summer, but haven't made anything yet.It is a beautiful book; I'm glad you received a copy from your friend. Happy quilting!
      Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

I got a Panasonic cordless iron and I'm using a gift card to buy some new rulers.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Juliet Taylor
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
          I got a Panasonic cordless iron and I'm using a gift card to buy some new rulers.
          A cordless iron sounds so incredibly useful! How cool!
          My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

• MaryUK
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2016

I received some quilting stencils, a 6x24" ruler and a funky tin to store my 6" squares and templates. Very happy!

Comment

• Murphy224
              Applique Angel
              • Feb 2016

Not precisely quilt related but I used my Christmas money to buy myself a robot vacuum. My reasoning, time NOT spent vacuuming is time available for quilting!
              Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

• JulieC
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2016

My sister gave me a gift certificate to M*, a pair of Fiskars 5" scissors, and a M* Christmas ornament. No plans for the gift card yet. Maybe a future DD? Happy 2018!

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

I haven't really had time to sit and enjoy anything quilt related. The only quilt "stuff" I received was in a package from the SS Christmas Swap.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Iris Girl
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    Barb you are going to love the freedom of the cordless iron mine is almost 3 years old and it is the best purchase I have made. Did you get the regular shape or the 360?
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Iris Girl
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2013

Hubby (I) bought a rivet setter on ebay for my purse making
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Bubby
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                        Barb you are going to love the freedom of the cordless iron mine is almost 3 years old and it is the best purchase I have made. Did you get the regular shape or the 360?
                        I got the 360. It's supposed to get here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• mischiefkat
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2015

DH bought me some patterns I wanted. Can't wait for them to get here. Maybe my BD will bring a cordless iron. Kathy
                          All quilts cat tested and approved.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Star lover
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2016

Some new feet for my sewing machine, also for the machine, bobbins, needles, oil.
                            Gift certificate for a semi-local quilt shop and ......not sure. Something sewing related that's gotten lost in the mail.....can't wait to see what it is. They still want to keep it secret.....I can't stand it!

Comment

• azmotogirl
                              Batting Beauty
                              • Oct 2017

I got to pick out a new comfy sewing chair..... my old little office chair was killing my back if I worked on something long than 30 min!!

Comment

Working...
                              X