Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Last thread of 2017

Humm....surprise company....the best...then great smells from the lovin' oven....2nd best?
    Not staying up I don't think. In my old life I would have been up with the crowd serving food and watching them rally in the New Year but now I don't need to. I remember Y2K and wondering if life as we knew it would be there the next morning. Well, yeah.
    Going into Asheville to visit MIL today. Yesterday I finished cutting out the double wedding ring. Maybe tomorrow I will bring the old sewingmachine into the kitchen and begin piecing. That would be a grand way to begin the new year
    DH went up to workshop and fired up the propane heaters and made a knife yesterday. He has so much talent and learns new things constantly. He took a bone from the lamb shank we had a couple of days ago to make the handle and used a left over scrap of metal to cut out and forge the blade. He has a "wood stash" that is very similar to our fabric stashes. He saves lots of little pieces of different kinds of wood. Always making something.
    Make the most of 2017 and look forward to the clean slate of a new year. This is the time of year I became a member here and found such joy in your friendships

2. Thanks Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joining in on this last thread for 2017. Monique, I am so happy for you. I can only imagine the happiness and love that surrounds you right now. What an incredibly happy way to end 2017 and start 2018. I celebrate with you!
    Not doing anything special tonight except spending it with the man I love! Fred and I will watch some TV, maybe put a movie in. I don't usually make it to Midnight. I fade pretty fast.
    Planning for our New Year's Day dinner. Pork chops and sauerkraut in the crockpot and black eye peas with ham hocks. What a menu, huh?
    Finished my crayon quilt yesterday. Got it quilted and binding on last night. It's a gift for my daughter who is a first grade teacher. I made it so she can take it to her classroom to cuddle sick or scared little ones, put it on the floor and let them all sit on it when she is doing story time. Or just to give her classroom another spot of colors.
    Going to work in my sewing room today...not sure but I think I'm going to make some of those zipper pouches with candy bags with the iron on vinyl. I think they are adorable and saved my candy bags from Christmas munchies. Still having eye issue so not doing anything really difficult.
    WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE AND HOPING THAT 2018 IS HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND FULL OF CREATIVE PROJECTS.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

4. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year.

Yesterday we went out for lunch and then to see the new Star Wars movie. Our son & his GF gave us a gift card for a night out at the movies for Christmas. DH said he liked this movie better than the previous one.

I also found a couple of pairs of jeans that were 99% cotton. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find 100% women's jeans?! It's near impossible. We will see how they work out. But I'm still on a quest for 100% cotton jeans. If you know of a brand that carries them please let me know. Guess I should have hung onto all those older jeans even after they started wearing out. I have one of those pair left, but the cookies I ate during Christmas don't fit into them right now!

Tonight we will probably stay home. The temp is suppose to get down into the 20's.....yikes....with possible rain.

Today I think I will try making a few adjustments on my stash storage. I've been thinking about it awhile. I have boxes with yardage stored by color & then other boxes with bags of scraps stored by color. I think I want to merge them where all similar colors are together. I don't buy a lot of precuts so most of my stash is yardage and scraps of all sizes.

I'm thinking that Barb has inspired a lot of us. Maybe someone should start a thread for us to show our progress of organizing our sewing areas.

Wishing all of you a Happy Healthy New Year. For those who have been going through difficult times.....extra prayers and hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I can only imagine how wonderful that was. I am very happy for you! Enjoy your time together!!

I will be fixing pinto beans and ham and small pot of black eyed peas, fried potatoes and corn bread, that is our tradition for New Year's Day, there will be 14 or 15 here, that is a lot of beans and a lot of fried potatoes, my kids and grandchildren love this tradition.
    It is very cold here (for Kansas) itis still 3' and suppose to get colder tonight. I do not like the cold.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful New year! And tell you all how much I look forward to reading everyone's thread everyday!

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I will be making Hoppin' John today which is a mixture of ham, onion, rice and black eyed peas. Just saute the ham and onion with a little oil and as much hot sauce as you like, then add cooked rice and a can of black eyed peas, heat through and serve with more ham and greens if you like them. It is a tradition in our house but it will just be the two of us.
    I hope to get the last side border FMQ today, yea!

10. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for Monique getting to ring in the New Year with all her family together, so difficult these days. With so many living in different states we were happy to have had most of our family with us at different times during this holiday season. DH and I will toast the New Year in with a beer for him and wine for me, that is if we stay awake, LOL! Wishing a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.l

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    Monique, I can only imagine how wonderful that was. I am very happy for you! Enjoy your time together!!

I will be fixing pinto beans and ham and small pot of black eyed peas, fried potatoes and corn bread, that is our tradition for New Year's Day, there will be 14 or 15 here, that is a lot of beans and a lot of fried potatoes, my kids and grandchildren love this tradition.
    It is very cold here (for Kansas) itis still 3' and suppose to get colder tonight. I do not like the cold.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful New year! And tell you all how much I look forward to reading everyone's thread everyday!

That's our kind of meal....YUM!

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy last day of 2017!
    Our year has been more of a blessing than not, even with this cold-thing that showed up to close out the year. I have a new job that fulfills me and is helping with our finances. Our family is mostly healthy, and the one member who is not is getting the best care possible, and we are keeping an eagle eye on her doctors.
    I have some of the best friends, both online and in person. How much more can a girl ask for? (OK, maybe more time to sew and an unlimited fabric budget, but that's up there with winning the lottery!)

May 2018 bring you enough. Enough time with loved ones, enough money to cover costs, enough food to fill your belly, and enough fabric to keep you in stitches.

Happy New Year!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

16. Thanks Monique, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    That's our kind of meal....YUM!
    With so many there, she won't notice a couple of more, Barb. Sounds delicious to me too!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My DGD, who is staying with me for a while because of Hurricane Harvey, has succumbed to the flu. No festivities for us. I'm sure the neighbors will light up the sky with fireworks tonight. Tomorrow we will be having smoked turkey and black-eyed peas and cabbage for New Year's Day. I'm supposed to have an outpatient procedure on the 2nd if I don't come down with the flu before then. I did have a flu shot, but I don't have much confidence in it. Happy New Year to all with an abundance of joy, wealth and health.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post