Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default MSQC Brand Thread

Several months ago someone asked about this thread on the forum. I did a forum search but didn't yield any results. Regardless, there were not many replies to that post when I followed up on it a few months ago.

I recall from the former post that some wondered if it was produced by Superior Threads or even Aurifil for M* because it behaved similarly to those threads.

Wondering if by now more forum members have had a chance to use it. If so, what are your opinions and experience with this thread? And please note if you are referring to the cotton or poly thread.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

2. Thanks Annababy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC Brand Thread

I have some of the poly thread that I bought as part of a daily deal several months ago and have used it strictly in embroidery work. I found that it shreds badly and really don't like it except for something quick and dirty. I will use it up, but probably won't buy more.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I received a spool of the cotton thread during one of their promotions. It works fine and I have bought a couple more spools in neutral colors to use for piecing.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have used this thread mostly for piecing and it seems to do okay. Only one thing is it seems to curl. Don't know why that is. I'm using it up and probably will try something different.
    Linda

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some 50 wt cotton for piecing. No major issues but I find it is not as thin as my preferred brand so it takes a bit more work for me to get my seam allowance set up. I also find that the style of the spool doesn't sit well on my machine - don't ask me why, but it just wibbles more more than others and it irritates me after a while...
    Slainte!

Liz

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased some of the cotton for the microwave bowls. It worked pretty well I did notice more fluff in the bobbin case but I've seen worse. It might have been since it's cotton and not the Omni poly I usually buy. Neither of my machines like the Connecting Threads brand. I haven't tried it on my longarm yet and that's a bit more fussy. I'm going to try it again on a few things.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it almost exclusively for the past year and I love it. Colors are great & can't beat the price. I use it for piecing and Fmq on my home machine. I've only used the cotton so I can't speak to the poly

10. Thanks giig21 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the 50 wt cotton and found it to be thicker than I like and makes more lint than my regular thread. My machine takes it fine but I probably won't buy any more.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone through a couple of spools of the cotton msqc thread for piecing and I'm pretty happy with it. I think the price is reasonable.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LLLinda View Post
    I tried the 50 wt cotton and found it to be thicker than I like and makes more lint than my regular thread. My machine takes it fine but I probably won't buy any more.
    This is my experience as well - thick and linty. It's a good price but not worth the trouble of cleaning and adjusting my seam allowance.